Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey everyone, head on over to SlingMedia and check out the SlingPlayer Mobile player. If you have a SlingBox, you won't want to be without it. If you don't have a SlingBox? Get one ASAP!

http://www.slingmedia.com/slingbox/s...ayermobile.php
    Wow..GREAT news, installing now! I am very excited
    OK, I installed it and it looks great. I had an "incompatible slingbox" error, so I assumed that my firmware was out-of-date, and it was, then it connected flawlessly. I've been watching for at least 10 minutes now and no freezes, signal faded to low a couple times but VERY good! Full-screen mode is NECESSARY on this program, esp on this screen, I hope they update with that feature next. Surprised itsnot there, perhaps I haven't found it yet. There website says that they are going to charge 29.9 for this software when its out of beta mode, I hope thats not the case. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat
    OK, I installed it and it looks great. I had an "incompatible slingbox" error, so I assumed that my firmware was out-of-date, and it was, then it connected flawlessly. I've been watching for at least 10 minutes now and no freezes, signal faded to low a couple times but VERY good! Full-screen mode is NECESSARY on this program, esp on this screen, I hope they update with that feature next. Surprised itsnot there, perhaps I haven't found it yet. There website says that they are going to charge 29.9 for this software when its out of beta mode, I hope thats not the case. We'll see.

I received an email from Sling when the beta came out. They are going to charge 29.9 for non-registered customers and new customers after a certain date. Time to go Windows Mobile and get that Sling before the cut-off date!! Here's the full email:

Dear Slingers,

You asked us to get in touch with you when the SlingPlayer?Mobile software became available, and I'm happy to say, it's now available! We released an "open beta" version of the software at 12:01am EST, and you can go here to learn more and download it. The SlingPlayer Mobile software available today is compatible with devices that run Windows Mobile Pocket PC 5.0 and 2003 Second Edition. We will have a version for non-touchscreen devices based on Windows Mobile Smartphone within the next month.
    For those of you wondering about the pricing (which is likely to be all of you), here's the plan. We are making it available for FREE (yes, FREE) to all current Slingbox owners, all you have to do is make sure you've registered your Slingbox on our web site. In fact, if you aren't yet a Slingbox owner, as long as you buy and register your Slingbox prior to April 26th, we'll keep it free through then. After that, it's $29.99, with a 30-day free trial.
    Thanks for your interest in the SlingPlayer Mobile, and on behalf of the whole Sling Media team, I sure hope you like it!
    Best,
    Blake Krikorian
    Co-Founder & CEO
    Sling Media, Inc.
    I have installed it.

two words. Freaking bad azzzzz. Ok, thats 3.

What a brilliant piece of software. Looks like $29.99 for new subs and free for existing.

Finally, a company that is rewarding rather than shafting early adopters.

How sweet that is.
    We need a POS version!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    this is awesome news!
    Hey does anyone who has this know if it works with DVR/ON demand?
    So like can i record the sopranos or watch it on demand through this device?
    Would it control the fast forward rewind pause?
    AKay
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Installed as well, working fantastically. Awesome, Awesome...
    Bring on the Sweet 16 BB games...
    It Has Full Remote Capabilities, So Yes Dvr/od Will Work.

As A Correction To My "full Screen" Statement, Full Screen Is Available On Rectangle Shaped Screens Only, Not Squares. So It Doesn't Look Like It Will Happen Anytime Soon.
    what exactly is slingplayer? like what can you do with it
    Got Treo?
    Did anyone see on the website anything that indicated there might ever be a POS version?!? How sweet would that be...
    Lois: I guarantee you a MAN made that commercial...

Peter: Of course a man made it Lois. It's a commercial, not a delicious Thanksgiving dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by AceMarlak
    what exactly is slingplayer? like what can you do with it

It is a streaming video appliance that lets you watch your TV anywhere you can get an internet connection. You can stream DVR content, Cable, Satellite.

For example, I am a Titans fan. I travel sometimes when there are away games. Via my hotel broadband connection I can connect to my router at home and watch the games live.

For others questions:

No for now on POS. Yes I use it to watch my Tivo so anything that you can record, you can stream it to your phone.

It uses an IR blaster and remote code to control Cable / Satellite receivers or if you want just base cable you can connect the coax directly.

http://www.slingmedia.com

This thing ROCKS!!!!!
    I use it to watch my SA 8300 HD cable box all the time. I have full control over the DVR functions, I can record, play, rewind, pause, fastforward and watch recorded shows.
    How does the technology work? Is it just redirecting video?

I assume that if you dont have a box it wont work (downloading the software) or does it give you a demo?

How does this work on a 1xRtt connection?
    It's based on Time-Placement, instead of just time-shifting. Your cable or Satelitte connection comes into your home...into a cable box or not is fine....then into Slingbox (retails for about 250.00) as long as you have fairly decent upload speeds from your house you can use your mobile device or even a laptop away from your house to view the same thing as you would if you were in front of your tv.

The Slingbox has an IR connected to your Sat/Cable box that controls it over the internet.

It's a great product.
    Quote Originally Posted by VZWuser
    It is a streaming video appliance that lets you watch your TV anywhere you can get an internet connection. You can stream DVR content, Cable, Satellite.

For example, I am a Titans fan. I travel sometimes when there are away games. Via my hotel broadband connection I can connect to my router at home and watch the games live.

For others questions:

No for now on POS. Yes I use it to watch my Tivo so anything that you can record, you can stream it to your phone.

It uses an IR blaster and remote code to control Cable / Satellite receivers or if you want just base cable you can connect the coax directly.

http://www.slingmedia.com

This thing ROCKS!!!!!
    so i have to have it routed thru my house there isnt a web site connected to it that i can stream directly from oh and by the titans are lookin alot better im lovin the FA signing, from one titans fan to another!
    Got Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by AceMarlak
    so i have to have it routed thru my house there isnt a web site connected to it that i can stream directly from
    Not sure what you're asking here. They're just providing the means by which you can stream your own legally purchased/subscribed content. If they were the source for the content, they'd have to pay for it and in turn charge customers. The benefit here is that you only pay for your own content once and this allows you to access it from wherever. Also, while I have seen various disussions about people letting others watch their Slingbox, there are some legal issues that would prevent Sling from officially endorsing and/or facilitating this. This would especially be true if they setup up a website to make people finding each other's content easier.
    yeah u pretty much answered what i was asking...well thats a really awesome thing, i wish i had the means to take advantage of it but oh well
    Got Treo?
    You can also only have one person connection to your slingbox at a time, which also has kept SlingMedia out of the courtroom I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by rowdyonegh
    You can also only have one person connection to your slingbox at a time, which also has kept SlingMedia out of the courtroom I'm sure.
    It was a deliberate design decision by Sling. The question came up last year on the AVS forums when Sling first launched. Several of the Sling folks including the CEO were posting at the time to answer questions etc and they confirmed this. Some people were upset at what they considered to be an artificial limtation, but in the end Sling had to protect themselves. They don't advocate improper use and while they know it can be used for that, they stand behind all the legitimate uses.

Jeff
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast