1.    #1  
    Can't figure out why I'm seeing the following happen when I receive a new email:

1 second vibrate
    1 second pause
    5 second vibrate (or so, maybe slightly longer/shorter)

I have the external "mute" switch off, and my settings under the Notifications area to vibrate when a new email is received. What I'd like is just the 1 second vibrate, period. The second longer vibration is just strange. Any ideas why it's doing this or how to fix it? Do other folks see this or not? And if not, what settings are you using?

Thanks,
    Adam
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I get a vibrate when i get emails and i never set that up.
    It just started out of the blue.
    Occasionally its a short one then the beep other times its a long one like the phone is ringing on vibrate.
    AKay
    Quote Originally Posted by adamt
    Can't figure out why I'm seeing the following happen when I receive a new email:

1 second vibrate
    1 second pause
    5 second vibrate (or so, maybe slightly longer/shorter)

I have the external "mute" switch off, and my settings under the Notifications area to vibrate when a new email is received. What I'd like is just the 1 second vibrate, period. The second longer vibration is just strange. Any ideas why it's doing this or how to fix it? Do other folks see this or not? And if not, what settings are you using?

Thanks,
    Adam
    I was trying to figure that one out, too ... it's incredibly annoying, especially when I have my phone on a desk or table and get an email - the vibration never seems to end!
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    In Settings--Notifications--Event: Messaging New Email
    I changed mine to "Alert Swoosh". Be sure you don't have checks in the Vibrate boxes.

D