Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone have any links about Windows Mobile AKU 2, or A2DP? I have only seen a couple of sites that just hint at a May release, but i dont see anything on Microsoft's site.

Microsoft Windows Mobile 5 AKU 2 A2DP Profile
    Last edited by theBlaze74; 04/14/2006 at 02:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    bump... dying to know about this too..one verizon jackwhipe acted like i was speaking latin... i will call repeatedly till i get someone with a brain who knows what a firmware update is
  3.    #3  
    yeah, i feel like i have joined some underground cult since i bought this feaking phone
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    You probably won't see it on the MS site but most likely on Palm.com. It does exist as I have played with it on a 6700 which I found the push worked pretty well. It usually beat Chatter on my Treo 650.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    You've joined the cult, but please don't drink the kool-aid. Here's a press release from Palm regarding the update: http://www.palm.com/us/company/pr/ne...l?reqid=839591
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I don't see any announcement that verizon will be giving an email account with this update. This kinda sucks. Cingular gives blackberry customers a free push email account and it would be nice to get one too. It would be great for a 1 to 5 person company using 700w's to have one free push email account each instead of running an exchange server or paying for hosting. I have to consider if push email is worth signing up for a exchange host.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by f1realtor
    I don't see any announcement that verizon will be giving an email account with this update. This kinda sucks. Cingular gives blackberry customers a free push email account and it would be nice to get one too. It would be great for a 1 to 5 person company using 700w's to have one free push email account each instead of running an exchange server or paying for hosting. I have to consider if push email is worth signing up for a exchange host.

thats hott . and to think a verizon rep today just told me that they arent told when updates are coming out. i even tried coaxing an answer out of her promising i wouldnt hold her to it and that i understand that things change.... now i have more solid info i'll call back to bug them tomorrow. this is good news.. although push email is not for me... im hoping this is full aku2 and we get a2dp ... if so then my ipod will start collectign dust because im so close to a perfect over the net solution to accessing all my pc's media on my phone...
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Imagine my excitement when I got an email today (yesterday) about MSFP from Palm!

After reading it i found out it was not a notification of it being available but an invite next Tuesday in Los Angeles to check out the new features of MSFP in a demo put on by Palm and Microsoft.

I feel like going to it and not leaving with out it....

Hey!!!! wait a minute... if i go they will have devices with it on them! I can pop in my 007 SD card and get a copy of the ROM of of their devices!!!! Just thought of that.... wonder what other goodies their ROM's might have on them?
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by f1realtor
    I don't think that you'll see that anytime soon.
    Kash76

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76
    You probably won't see it on the MS site but most likely on Palm.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by jarredduq
    ...Here's a press release from Palm regarding the update: http://www.palm.com/us/company/pr/ne...l?reqid=839591
    This story is not about Windows Mobile AKU2. Windows Mobile 5 AKU2 is a Microsoft service pack for Windows Mobile 5 which includes the A2DP bluetooth profile, and push email.

All of you are talking about MSFP that Verizon is releasing, and has nothing to do with AKU2 or A2DP.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    It's my understanding and I could be wrong but I thought they all were coming out in one package.
    What makes me nervous is that there is no mention of any additional features with this rom update besides the push email.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    This story is not about Windows Mobile AKU2. Windows Mobile 5 AKU2 is a Microsoft service pack for Windows Mobile 5 which includes the A2DP bluetooth profile, and push email.

All of you are talking about MSFP that Verizon is releasing, and has nothing to do with AKU2 or A2DP.
    MSFP will be release as the AKU2 update...

The release of MSFP = the release of AKU2

That does not mean that it will include A2DP as other manufactures have elected to not include that part but theres always hope....
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Just did a google search and thought everyone might want to check this out. This is from Mobility Today. I takes about the AKU2 and the push email for the Treo 700w.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    I don't get it, everyone is saying look at this, look at that and all the articles are about it the release of the MSFP. There is no mention of any update to WM5 or any patches or fixes that Verizon or Palm is providing.
  16.    #16  
    Oh man, if verzion has chosen to strip A2DP out of AKU 2, i will honestly get rid of this phone. No joke. Can I take this phone to sprint?
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    sprint will not activate a non Sprint ESN
    Kash76

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    If you look at my previous post. The article does talk about the AKU2. It doesn't say much but it's there.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Oh man, if verzion has chosen to strip A2DP out of AKU 2, i will honestly get rid of this phone. No joke. Can I take this phone to sprint?
    If you look at all that cool stuff in your sig you can do for $99? The reason you can do all that stuff is that your device becomes a $350 boat anchor (after early term fees) if you decide you want to go to another carrier.

It sucks but it is the price of being an early adopter. If VZW removes it but Sprint doesn't, it will be able to be hacked later on our devices IMO. I want the A2DP to watch my slingplayer and movies in stereo.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by VZWuser
    If you look at all that cool stuff in your sig you can do for $99? The reason you can do all that stuff is that your device becomes a $350 boat anchor (after early term fees) if you decide you want to go to another carrier.

It sucks but it is the price of being an early adopter. If VZW removes it but Sprint doesn't, it will be able to be hacked later on our devices IMO. I want the A2DP to watch my slingplayer and movies in stereo.
    Ok, but isn't Sprint the one refusing to activate my phone?

Or is it just that verizon has just locked it, and i need to unlock it before Sprint will activate.

In any event, i am not quite ready to accept that A2DP is not coming for the 700w. I have not seen anything concrete either way.

Microsoft Windows Mobile 5 AKU 2 A2DP Profile
    Last edited by theBlaze74; 04/14/2006 at 02:41 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast