Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
  1. #21  
    Most AKU2 devices did not get A2DP, so just by those odds I doubt the Treo 700w will get it.

    Surur
  2. nuflat's Avatar
    Posts
    294 Posts
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    #22  
  3. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #23  
    Ok I am getting tired of the wait. Would they just release it already? This is so messed up that we can't even get a release date for this.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    Ok I am getting tired of the wait. Would they just release it already? This is so messed up that we can't even get a release date for this.
    It should be much less that

    57 days

    Surur
  5. #25  
    you know what's odd...go to your windows folder and scroll down there's a 0 byte txt file that says AKU2...i dont know if that's someone's sick joke but take a look at yours and see if you see the file.
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
  6. #26  
    Because Verizon has to make sure Palm didn't give us back anything they didn't want us to have in the first place.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter
    you know what's odd...go to your windows folder and scroll down there's a 0 byte txt file that says AKU2...i dont know if that's someone's sick joke but take a look at yours and see if you see the file.
    Next thing you know, we are going to start having people post grainy zerox copies of fliers that it is just around the corner, and people posting countdowns of how many days left, and posts about having "just spoke to a verizon rep" about how its just around the corner, and even links to articles about links to other links that cross link back to this site as the source, and members on the site pointing to it as evidence that it exists, but how they cant talk about it because secret agents swore them to secrecy.
  8. #28  
    I'm not looking for AKU2 as much as I want the bug fixes addressed.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcmd
    I'm not looking for AKU2 as much as I want the bug fixes addressed.
    Ok, that opinion is relevant to the thread. Thanks for sharing that.
  10. sanjsrik's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #30  
    So, fine, I go to the \Windows directory on my Treo 700w, and scroll down, and what do you know, AKU2.txt file that IS 0 bytes.

    that's just messed up and wrong.

    So, there IS some functionality that would make the device easier and better to use and they PURPOSELY don't include and then go out of their way to EXCLUDE it.

    So wrong...

    Anyone else having visions of software disabled bluetooth on the V710?
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjsrik
    So, fine, I go to the \Windows directory on my Treo 700w, and scroll down, and what do you know, AKU2.txt file that IS 0 bytes.

    that's just messed up and wrong.

    So, there IS some functionality that would make the device easier and better to use and they PURPOSELY don't include and then go out of their way to EXCLUDE it.

    So wrong...

    Anyone else having visions of software disabled bluetooth on the V710?
    Verizon has been sued for this in a class action, and settled out of court, but still continue the practice.
  12. #32  
    ohh please. Stop with the class action stuff. This is nonsense cry baby talk. There is one very good reason why you will probably NOT see this in the Treo 700w. That reason is processor speed. The treo 700w only has a 312Mhz processor and the compression needed in order to maintain a stereo transmission over bluetooth will almost completely max out the CPU.

    There have been tests with this on other 312Mhz WM5 PDA's and the results have been very poor. If there is any interference at all the devices just seemed to lock up. A faster processor would have probably significantly reduced the operating time of a treo device, so that argument is out. Until you see more power efficient processors or better battery technology, you will most likely not see many Treo like devices with stereo bluetooth.

    I may be wrong, but I would not hold my breath for this feature. The 700w is touted as a business device with corporate amercia in mind. Trust me that corporate america is much more interested in realtime e-mail syncing and much less interested in stereo Bluetooth.
  13. #33  
    I actually would agree that we won't see A2DP released with the update for for a different reason for what I have seen here so far.

    If you look at the AKU2 packages that have been released by other manufacturers for other devices none of the released A2DP. Only I-Mate Universal and K-Jam/9100 have A2DP and that was released either 1.) a leaked rom or 2.) as an add on rom update 1-2 months after the initial AKU2 release.

    As for processor, I disagree 100%. The 312Mhz processor is fine for the A2DP connection. Just look at the K-Jam, it uses a OMAP 200Mhz (actually 195Mhz) and has A2DP. We will get it, but again I estimate that it will be released several months after the update we are supposed to get this month.

    Lastly, I am anticipating this update to have several bug fixes. Better memory management, more free memory, etc... I can't imagine Palm/Verizon not taking advantage of this opportunity to fix some things with this release.

    -Mashie
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by moon1234
    ohh please. Stop with the class action stuff. This is nonsense cry baby talk...
    lol, eloquent, thanks
  15. #35  
    This may be a dumb question, but what is A2DP and AKU2?
  16. #36  
    A2DP is the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile. Its a bluetooth profile that alows for streaming of high quality stereo audio via a bluetooth connection.

    AKU 2 is the Adaptation Kit Unit 2, basically a service pack for Widows Mobile which will add some bug fixed and some extra features. Foremost amongst these new features are DirectPush, which is exchange push activesync (contacts, email, tasks etc) over ip networks. It will make the Treo 700w a better blackberry competitor.

    One of the features that AKU 2 may or may not include is A2DP. AKU 2 will be available in a rom upgrade to the Treo 700w within the next 2 weeks.

    Surur
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    A2DP is the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile. Its a bluetooth profile that alows for streaming of high quality stereo audio via a bluetooth connection.

    AKU 2 is the Adaptation Kit Unit 2, basically a service pack for Widows Mobile which will add some bug fixed and some extra features. Foremost amongst these new features are DirectPush, which is exchange push activesync (contacts, email, tasks etc) over ip networks. It will make the Treo 700w a better blackberry competitor.

    One of the features that AKU 2 may or may not include is A2DP. AKU 2 will be available in a rom upgrade to the Treo 700w within the next 2 weeks.

    Surur
    Next couple weeks, is that true? I was hoping verizon did just release "push email" instead of AKU2.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Oh man, if verzion has chosen to strip A2DP out of AKU 2, i will honestly get rid of this phone. No joke. Can I take this phone to sprint?

    Verizon has been sued for this in a class action, and settled out of court, but still continue the practice.
    Put a sock in it, 700w demo tester... you sound like those people you chastise all the time...
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog
    Put a sock in it, 700w demo tester... you sound like those people you chastise all the time...
    lol, awwwww
  20. #40  
    Just because AKU II as a package from MS to the manufacturers can contain A2DP, this is no pointer to the likelihood of it being in the 700w update. I agree with those that doubt it will be part of the 700w update. It is a relatively young (but cool) technology and 2006 is its adoption year rather than a commoditized year. It's going to take a little time to become mainstream on phones. I suspect that battery annoyances will limit the uptake of A2DP anyhow - the high power usage of a phone decoding MP3 files with full CPU, the amplifier and DSP active, not to mention the rechargeable battery in the headset itself.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions