1.    #1  
    Does anyone else's calendar run very, very slowly? It is the only underperforming app I have (aside from Activesync, which just blows). When I select an appt. from the Today screen the calendar takes 4-5 secs to come up, and then, when I try to scroll between days, there is an initial 4-5 sec lag before I can freely scroll using the left-right d-pad.

I have XCpuscalar, Adobe Reader 2.0, AvantGo, PHM RegEdit, Sprite Backup, and TCPMP installed in addition to the standard apps. I have also performed some reg tweaks but have noticed this has always been a problem. Any ideas?
    I think its a memory issue, I know mine is slow and I only have sprite and xcpuscaler installed. oh yea, and ****ty activesync
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    yep. mine takes forever too... up to 10 sec before my calendar is functional... I do have Informant running (which I can't live without) which probably makes it even longer.
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    How many appointments do you have in your calendar? When I sync I used to see close to 1800 and I noticed that my calendar was really slow like yours. I deleted a lot of the recurring appts and set them to repeat only a few times instead of recurring indefinitely.

Now I only sync close to 600 appts when I sync and I noticed that my calendar runs a lot more smoothly, and quickly.

This is just a theory, but maybe someone can verify and test it.
    I'm seeing the same slowness, and have a large number of appointments going back to 1999. Is this definately a factor? I hate to archive, and loose these old events. Is there a safe way to archive my old appointments and still have easy access to them in Outlook when I need to refer to them?
    I notice the slow-down especially in my agenda view...i try to scroll to the right to see appointments for the next few days, and it hangs for about 5 seconds before it switches days - i've got AS set to only synchronize the last 2 weeks, and i don't really have that many entries in my calendar (maybe 50 or so at a time). it is definitely disappointing
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinmg
    I notice the slow-down especially in my agenda view...i try to scroll to the right to see appointments for the next few days, and it hangs for about 5 seconds before it switches days - i've got AS set to only synchronize the last 2 weeks, and i don't really have that many entries in my calendar (maybe 50 or so at a time). it is definitely disappointing
    yeah, I have only the past 2 weeks as well. it's gotten a bit better but it's still slow when switching days. If you tap on them with the stylus it is much faster than using the dpad.
    I used to have the same problem, so I changed my ActiveSync setting to "3 months" and the problem's gone (using PI). My desktop still has everything, so I can always get history data, if needed.
    Does this speeed up the application...or your Syncing??