1.    #1  
    On wireless synch do you have to have the client running on a pc? In other words could I just synch with the data on the website and not have it running on a pc? I just want to synch contacts and calendar with something online so that my wife can add to my calendar when I am traveling, but I do not want to leave something running on a pc as I have my laptop with me when I am traveling.

Any suggestions?
    I believe you need to leave the PC running. I'm in the same position. Verizon said need to leave the PC on. My problem is, I life in Long Island, which is power failure territory! My solution was to install it on my PC, but also configure my 700 with my pop3 email accounts.

I was thinking of also installing wireless sync on my notebook for those times when I travel. Problem here is on PC would modify the other and probably mess up my 700.

Actually for your scenerio, you can have your wife sign onto Verizon's site and update your contacts and calendar. I think this would work for you.

Test it - you'll see it work in real time.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I 'll give it a try. I don't care about email, I am doing that another way. All I really care about is the Calendar.
    You need PC Monitor running if you want information from Exchange or Domino. If you are only getting updates from your wife, you don't need PC Monitor.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    You need PC Monitor running if you want information from Exchange or Domino. If you are only getting updates from your wife, you don't need PC Monitor.
    Thanks. That is what I needed.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Actually, that's not true. You can access your calendar by going to www.wirelesssync.vzw.com then, enter in your phone number and password and you can access your contacts and calendar directly. When you change it on the web site, it will update your treo.

My secretary uses this method to update my treo countless times a day. It works great!

Jon
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JHoffy
    Actually, that's not true. You can access your calendar by going to www.wirelesssync.vzw.com then, enter in your phone number and password and you can access your contacts and calendar directly. When you change it on the web site, it will update your treo.

My secretary uses this method to update my treo countless times a day. It works great!

Jon
    I am confused. How is this different than what was said earlier?
    That is exactly what Casabooboo and I suggest.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    That is exactly what Casabooboo and I suggest.
    So I don't need to have it running on a pc? Just have her log onto the site and make the changes right? That is what I want.
  10.    #10  
    Got it working great. 2 more questions though.

What is Readysync?

I have an appointmentplus and it shows up fine on the Wirelesssync website. But I cannot get it to show up on my device. Any idea why not?
    Readysync is just a way to schedule access to Wirelessync instead of having new items pushed out to you when they arrive.

I don't know why your Appointmentplus stuff is not showing up. Don't you see any on one of the tabs on the personal information web page?
  12.    #12  
    I do from the website. But when I hit info in wirelesssync on the device and it opens up the browser it says there are no trips planned, while I do have one.

Also, is there anyway to tell what was added to your calendar when it pushes a calendar update down? My wife was making changes lastnight and I saw all of those come down, but of course didn't know what they were, but I also got a calendar update pushed down and 5:44 am this morning and she did not do it, no one else has access to it so I am curious what it was.
    I stopped using WS a few months ago but as I recall, there was a time limit associated with those plus events. That is, they won't show up on the device tab if it is scheduled more than a week (or less) out.
  14.    #14  
    it finally showed up. Thanks for the help.

Still would like to know if there is a way to know what changes have been made to the claendar so you are not left wondering what was changed when a change is pushed down.