Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ...is a piece of scotch tape and a piece of foil from a gum wrapper.

I have ended the madness of the blinking green light, but at the cost of my device's coolness factor.

Is there no other way???
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chewybrain
    ...is a piece of scotch tape and a piece of foil from a gum wrapper.

I have ended the madness of the blinking green light, but at the cost of my device's coolness factor.

Is there no other way???
    Butler, Central, LedOff, etc.

Whoops!! 700W forum.
    Last edited by NRG; 03/20/2006 at 11:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Butler, Central, LedOff, etc.

Whoops!! 700W forum.

A little quick with the trigger finger today?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    A little quick with the trigger finger today?
    Damn 'features' are a cross platform problem, while the fixes are not! So yes I am a little quick on 2 counts today.
    Hey chewybrain....

If it was me, I would wrap the Treo in gray (or any other designer color you can find) duct tape from the bottom of the screen to the top of the phone. (making sure you covered the tiny, little green led)

Then I would paste various screen grabs (make sure you get the screen grabs prior to duct taping your Treo and print them out onto some paper from a printer) onto the duct tape you previously installed onto your Treo.

The duct tape is a marvelous screen protector and of course the duct tape will protect the upper portion of your Treo case while covering that annoying tiny, little green led.

Chuck
    I just wear very dark sunglasses. Now the green light hardly bothers me at all. I just hate bumping into all those walls

Neil
  7.    #7  
    Ah, duct tape...the cure to all of humankind's problems.

P.S. Quit pokin' me, Chuck!
    I can't believe Palm perpetrated the madness of the blinking green LED on a brand new Treo design. The very first piece of Treo-specific software I added to my 650 was LEDOff.

Have mercy on us, Palm. Not all of us can tolerate bright, blinking lights hitting our eyes all day long. Have mercy.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    Have mercy on us, Palm. Not all of us can tolerate bright, blinking lights hitting our eyes all day long. Have mercy.
    Stop looking at her ... we know you love her but stop staring !

I can't see the light in my pocket, holster and never noticed it in cradle in car as eyes usually on road.....and at night, it shuts its radio off so no blinkieness.
  10.    #10  
    The biggest problem is, I keep my Treo on my nightstand in case I think of an idea or obligation in the middle of the night. With the Martian Homing Beacon flashing, I was getting pummeled by my wife and not in a good way.
    The biggest problem is, I keep my Treo on my nightstand in case I think of an idea or obligation in the middle of the night. With the Martian Homing Beacon flashing, I was getting pummeled by my wife and not in a good way.
    So if you scheduled the thing to turn off the radio from 11 pm -> 8 am wouldn't you still have that functionality ? You'd still be able to wake up and jot down ideas for that great american novel, pencil in appointments, check PalmaSutra for instructions or whatever and you'd wake up with a bit more battery life.
  12.    #12  
    Eh? How do I schedule the radio to turn off?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Stop looking at her ... we know you love her but stop staring !
    But.... but.... she ... is ... so ... pret-tee...

...and at night, it shuts its radio off so no blinkieness.
    Can't do that. My Treo is my "home" phone.
    Eh? How do I schedule the radio to turn off?
    I use this.

http://www.treoalarm.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    Can't do that. My Treo is my "home" phone.
    I turn that one off too
  16.    #16  
    Jack, are you yanking my chain? treoalarm.com is for a PalmOS app.
    The Treo is my only phone. I keep it on at all times, cuz I'm paranoid I'll miss an important call, and most people know not to call me at 4 am...except sometimes the girlfriend, and since the night usually gets a bit better for me when that happens, I'm not willing to miss that call ;-)

But I HATE the blinking light. I always disable it on all my phones. For this phone, at night I just throw it face down under the shirt I took off so I can still hear it, but don't see it. I don't need it to tell me if I'm getting service or not...that's what those god damned bars in the top bar are for, which I'll see if I ever go to make a call. And if I'm not getting service, not like I can do anything about it anyway. I only really would like it for a notification of voicemail or messages or whatnot, but just to blink because it is on...seems pointless. I don't care if some people want the LED on...but PLEASE make it an option.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I find taking my ADHD medication helps me not hyperfocus on something as goofy as a little bright blinking light and move on with my life. And like above I think the real issue should be that the light is useless and should be more of a "status" light. Blinking red if txt message or vm or whatever. Just the blinking green is lame but come on now your all acting like its the death ray from the death star and its burning your renta everytime you look at the phone.
    PHONE ALARM has an option where you can disable the led.....but i beleive the vibrate function may be lossed if this option is checked...not 100% sure since i have never tested it
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy
    PHONE ALARM has an option where you can disable the led.....but i beleive the vibrate function may be lossed if this option is checked...not 100% sure since i have never tested it
    Hmm, I'll have to check that out, since I have PhoneAlarm. I know it actually does a fairly decent job of using the blinking light as a status light. All I notice is that it speeds up the blinking dramatically if I have a notification. I haven't taken the time yet to fully play around with it yet, but if I can eliminate blinking when there's no event to notify me of, without also eliminating vibrate, then I'll be a happy camper.

As to the comment about ADHD medicine and ignoring the blinky light...well that'd be nice, but it is especially annoying in a dark room when a rather bright LED blinks constantly. I do have to correct an above statement, though, since I usually charge my phone at night, I don't think it blinks, just stays a steady green. I still keep it under my shirt to block the light, though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast