Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Anyone know if it is possible to completely get rid of the on-screen Keyboard
    option (and icon on the bottom)?
    I have never needed it, and it just gets in the way- thx
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    What does it get in the way of? Do you mean when you go to fill in a field, the keyboard fills up half the screen, or do you just mean the icon? I don't know how to remove the icon, but if you search for and download NullKeyboard, then you can just set that as your default keyboard, and nothing will pop up anymore, but you'll still see the option at the bottom of the screen, with the ability to choose the other input methods.

One note, when I first downloaded and used it, I couldn't keep it set as the default keyboard, and the traditional on screen keyboard kept popping up. I must have changed something else somewhere, though, since a day or 2 later it stuck, and no more popups.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Ya, for some reason, the large screen pops up during times when I don't (ever) want it to...it just kept on annoying me, and wanted to see if it could completely be disabled.
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Yeah, it annoyed me too, since we already have half the phone taken up with a keyboard. The NullKeyboard app works for me, though again I don't know exactly what made it "stick" since it kept reverting to be basic keyboard. Maybe it was just that the registry setting needed to "stick", but works fine now.
    If you select the input method to transcriber (which takes up less space if and when it pops up) does that help or do you really want no input methods to show themselves when you go into a program where you can enter input?

If that is the case, maybe there is a hack out there somewhere for it? (Running off to ask Hobbes...)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

how do you use the "control" button?
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    If you select the input method to transcriber (which takes up less space if and when it pops up) does that help or do you really want no input methods to show themselves when you go into a program where you can enter input?

If that is the case, maybe there is a hack out there somewhere for it? (Running off to ask Hobbes...)
    http://personales.ya.com/beemer/nullkeyboard.htm is the link to where I got the freeware nullkeyboard from. It is actually a very basic workaround to the program. All it is is an alternative SIP where NOTHING pops up. If you still need to use functions like CTRL or others not on the handheld, physical keyboard, then you can just check the arrow next top the SIP panel and select the normal default keyboard. I know I keep repeating myself, but other than hacking the registry and whatnot, this is a very small, basic workaround that keeps all prior functionality, and keeps the normally useless alternative input methods from popping up on screen.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouse
    http://personales.ya.com/beemer/nullkeyboard.htm is the link to where I got the freeware nullkeyboard from. It is actually a very basic workaround to the program. All it is is an alternative SIP where NOTHING pops up. If you still need to use functions like CTRL or others not on the handheld, physical keyboard, then you can just check the arrow next top the SIP panel and select the normal default keyboard. I know I keep repeating myself, but other than hacking the registry and whatnot, this is a very small, basic workaround that keeps all prior functionality, and keeps the normally useless alternative input methods from popping up on screen.
    Great thanks for the link- will try it out.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    YES. Program works great. Pretty much what I was looking for. THANKS Anonymouse
    Doesn't anyone read a manual? Or even try to go into settings and make the needed changes or do they just expect the answers to come floating out of nowhere...read the manual.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Doesn't anyone read a manual? Or even try to go into settings and make the needed changes or do they just expect the answers to come floating out of nowhere...read the manual.

Of course I read the manual. These forums are for people to discuss and help others out. Do you even own a 700w, or read it's manual? It doesn't even mention ANYTHING about the Input Method options found in the Input Settings.
    There is so much useful information that is found on these discussion boards that you CANNOT find in the 700w manual, and hopefully the above info will help someone else with the same question, as it helped me.
    plasmo - I can't believe you responded to that.
    plasmo...could you please post a screen shot of how this works...im trying to understand this clearly as that would be one thing i might want to do.....i dont really understand the part on how you get the keyboard back up if needed....thanx my man
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy
    plasmo...could you please post a screen shot of how this works...im trying to understand this clearly as that would be one thing i might want to do.....i dont really understand the part on how you get the keyboard back up if needed....thanx my man
    Beryl- ya i know, how rude

happypappy-
    Here are some screenshots of how the program helps:

Below is a pic of default Keyboard popping up when trying to change the
    0 to a 1 when in registry editor (note that it takes up half of useable screen!):

Now Nullkb allows you to prevent the Keyboard image from popping up by clicking on the small triangle next to the original Keyboard icon on the bottom and switching to Nullkb setting:

As you can see, you can switch back to default Keyboard setting later if you need to use the on-screen Keyboard.
    Hope this helps.
    thanx alot my man....i tried to dl the cab and it wont work.....which one di you use and how exactly did you install it?...thanx again
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Use the qvga version:
    nullkb.PPC3_CEF.CAB (13kB) QVGA Version

Download it directly from your Treo and place it somewhere on your 700w or SD card.
    Then use a File Explorer to find the file, and click it to install.
    You can change settings in the StartMenu/Settings/Input Method section.
    i tried this but when i download it to the treo using drag and drop method into activesync explorer i then go into resco file explorer and double tap and its asks what program to open file with...im sure im doing something wrong
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    hmm. try downloading it direct from the website from your Treo (don't use activesync).
    and then using Resco File explorer, find it, and click the .cab file. It should ask for permission to install. I didn't have any problems installing....
    i dont have unlimited so hopefully i can get a wifi spot and do it.....id rather not have anymore damn charges lol
    ok just said screw it and used evdo....went to the site and clicked on the cab link and all it did was bring up a page of coding....idk im lost
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast