1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a way/setting to keep the dial pad on the screen after initiating a call?

Thanks,

-E
    Thanks for watching! We'll see you next week.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximo
    Does anyone know of a way/setting to keep the dial pad on the screen after initiating a call?

Thanks,

-E
    The dial pad can always be accessed by the buton right next to the mic icon, and it look like this;

Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    The dial pad can always be accessed by the buton right next to the mic icon, and it look like this;

Hope this helps
    Does this apply to the 700W?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Does this apply to the 700W?
    I hope so!
    it's not persistent, but you can easily bring up the dial pad by just hitting the menu action key.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    it's not persistent, but you can easily bring up the dial pad by just hitting the menu action key.

that brings up a menu, but not the dial pad. am i missing something?
    well - the dial pad is one of the options there. (presuming you're starting from the Today screen, and that's the best place to start with, every time.)

From Today screen:

Hit the right action key (the one right below 'Menu').
    The menu that pops up shows:

Contacts
    Dial Pad <<<<<<<<<<
    Call Log

and other stuff

You want the dial pad. Scroll and select it, or just hit the 'D' letter.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    I'd like to know also. My boss uses the Dial pad because he hates the small keys when he is trying to dial (big fingers). When is calling his voicemail and entering passwords, if he makes a call, once you initiate the call, the dial pad disappears, and you have to go to menu to bring it up again. It would be nice if there was an app that left it on screen until the call ended.
    ah ha - but once you're on a call, the dial pad keys on the keyboard are active - in other words, you do NOT need to have the on screen dial pad there, visible, for the hard keys to function.

But, you'll say - 'my boss doesn't like those small keys to check his voice mail, since they're so small'. So the answer then is to use a couple of the features in the Treo that will allow your boss to no longer EVER need to use either dial pad. Here's how:

When checking voice mail, he won't have to manually enter his password, if he uses the 'edit speed dial' function, and adds in his password and such automatically, so every time he calls in, his password plays out on its own, without him having to mash it out on the keypad.

Second, and he probably knows this already, use the voice mail icons on the screen - the trash can for delete, etc, and he can use the 5-way navigator to hop between those icons, and again - NEVER have to use the dial pad. Make sure he knows that the 5-way is the key - he doesn't have to use a stylus or even tap on the screen. just use the 5-way.

Maybe both those will help your boss person use the device better.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    ah ha - but once you're on a call, the dial pad keys on the keyboard are active - in other words, you do NOT need to have the on screen dial pad there, visible, for the hard keys to function.

But, you'll say - 'my boss doesn't like those small keys to check his voice mail, since they're so small'. So the answer then is to use a couple of the features in the Treo that will allow your boss to no longer EVER need to use either dial pad. Here's how:

When checking voice mail, he won't have to manually enter his password, if he uses the 'edit speed dial' function, and adds in his password and such automatically, so every time he calls in, his password plays out on its own, without him having to mash it out on the keypad.

Second, and he probably knows this already, use the voice mail icons on the screen - the trash can for delete, etc, and he can use the 5-way navigator to hop between those icons, and again - NEVER have to use the dial pad. Make sure he knows that the 5-way is the key - he doesn't have to use a stylus or even tap on the screen. just use the 5-way.

Maybe both those will help your boss person use the device better.
    Yes, I could probably train him on those, but one issue he runs into is when he is in our voicemail system at work, and has to navigate using the number keys.

Really I don't give a crap either way, but he wants the phone and I tell him you probably won't like it, but he wants it anyway. Has to have the latest even if he doesn't know how to work it. But then gripes about it and walks into my office and tosses it on my desk and says fix it.

The circle of life I guess. Hakuna Matata
    In-vmail navigation is available using the d-pad if you set it up in the advanced options of the speed-dial entry. It gives you the ability to assign values for all the usual v-mail commands (skip, delete, next, last, speed up, etc.)
  12. SHV
    [QUOTE=nrosser]ah ha - but once you're on a call, the dial pad keys on the keyboard are active - in other words, you do NOT need to have the on screen dial pad there, visible, for the hard keys to function.

I have tried to use those keys while in a call with a calendar entry or email exposed, and they don't work. We use a lot of conference calls where you key in a numeric passcode after dialing in, and I always have to seek out the dial pad, sometimes missing the window of opportunity to do so.

thoughts?

thanks!
  13. SHV
    OK, off subject, but how do you get those pretty blue boxes around a quote? :-)