1.    #1  
    Okay, I downloaded Resco the other day and am primed and ready to tweak my 700, but I want to backup the registry first. Problem is, nowhere on this forum have I seen someone actually explain how to do so (i.e. what the file is.) I'm relatively unfamiliar with WM5 and the file structure. All the posts I've seen say "make sure you back up your registry first!" but none actually explain how.

thanks
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rdstoll
    Okay, I downloaded Resco the other day and am primed and ready to tweak my 700, but I want to backup the registry first. Problem is, nowhere on this forum have I seen someone actually explain how to do so (i.e. what the file is.) I'm relatively unfamiliar with WM5 and the file structure. All the posts I've seen say "make sure you back up your registry first!" but none actually explain how.

thanks
    I believe (I think, maybe) what they actually mean is make sure your phone is backed up via activesync or whatever. If you toast the phone you will need to HARD reset and life is sooooooooooo much easier if everything is backed up.
  3.    #3  
    oh, okay. I know when I've tweaked the registry on my desktop, I actually backed up the file somewhere else. I thought it was the same thing w/ WM5.
    Thanks.