1.    #1  
    I just started my 15 day trial of the 700 and there are a lot of features I like. However the deal killer may be the IE navigation situation. My questions are:
    a. is there any way to setup "blazer-style" 4-way navigation today?
    b. anyone know of plans to included it in the near future?
    c. any other (credible) browsers (opera?, minimo?) support 4-way blazer-style navigation?
    Quote Originally Posted by guycassie
    I just started my 15 day trial of the 700 and there are a lot of features I like. However the deal killer may be the IE navigation situation. My questions are:
    a. is there any way to setup "blazer-style" 4-way navigation today?
    b. anyone know of plans to included it in the near future?
    c. any other (credible) browsers (opera?, minimo?) support 4-way blazer-style navigation?
    What is blazer-style navagation?

3.    #3  
    Sorry. Should have been more explicit:
    1. the browser should display in a single column format freeing up the right and left buttons on the 5-way.
    2. 5-way up goes up a page; 5-way down goes down a page.
    3. 5-way up goes up a link; 5-way down goes down a link.
    4. middle button clicks on link

These button assignments work extremely well on the palm browser, blazer.

I know that the option key can be used on the 700w for page up and down but that requires a second hand.
  4.    #4  
    Ahhh... I meant 5-way left goes up a link and 5-way right goes down a link on the previous post. ...
    Get a regestry editer, you can probably search the forums and find one that other people are using. I use the plugin for resco file explorer it works great. Now in your regestry go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then go to Software, then go to Microsoft, then go to Internet Explorer, then Navagation. You will see 4-Way Nav. Click on 4-Way Nav and you will see something called DWORD Data, change this from 1 to 0. Close out your regestry editer all the way the do a soft reset.
    Now that will make up an down scroll the page, you will have to click on a hyperlink after you do this.
    To make the browser display in a single column format freeing up the right and left buttons on the 5-way you open internet explorer and hit your right soft key(Menu) and go to view then click on one column and it will do what you ask.
    Hope this helps and sorry it is so long.
    PM me if you need help.

I just realized i misspelled registry /\
    |
    |
    |

Menu-->View-->One Column.

My IE jumps one page at a time unless there are links and then it jumps one link-at-a-time when links are on a page. Is that what you want?
    yes and no. you also have to do the registry edit to scroll page by page even with links on page.

9.    #9  
    Thanks for everyone's help ... I've seen the registry hack to change link scrolling to page scrolling but that's not satisfactory since it disables link scrolling which blazer supports with the right and left buttons. Does anyone hear anything about supporting both page and link in a future release?
    I am on an 8125 now and what you mention is a feature that I miss very much. PIE is fast, but blazer has the handling of a nice (insert choice of performance luxury car here) whereas PIE feels like a 1960's muscle car ... fast but not good for actual handling.

I wish Palm would port Blazer to WM, at least on the 700w.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    If you press option+up/down it will be page-by-page. Option+left/right goes top/bottom.
    what is the option key?

I think the behavior that the original poster was looking for is:
    jump page up/down and jump between links (right/left buttons)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)