1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if there is a way to turn the treo off completely? I wouldn't think it would be so hard to figure out but all I can do it turn off the phone part of it to put it in "flight mode" and then turn off the screen? Is there a way to turn the entire thing completely off? Thanks - I'm sure I'm just missing something simple here....
    -Dan
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Take the battery out. Pocket PC Phones don't have the option to turn everything off. You can turn the phone off and put the PDA in standby.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    I called Palm on this very question. They said no way. Just flight mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casabooboo
    I called Palm on this very question. They said no way. Just flight mode.
    Or, as Smeg said, take the battery out. I have had to do this at certain client sites when visiting. Makes Sprite Backup a valuable addition to the software suite.
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36
    Take the battery out. Pocket PC Phones don't have the option to turn everything off. You can turn the phone off and put the PDA in standby.
    Many new WM5 phones can shut down completely. e.g. the Imate Jamin

On the right side is the infrared port, power button, and the stylus silo. If you hold down the power button for about 4 seconds, the JAMin will bring up a Yes/No dialog asking if you want to continue with a full power off. If you choose Yes, it will shut the device off completely, meaning it won't use the battery at all. That means the device won't wake up for appointments, phone calls, emails, text messages or anything until you turn it back on and boot up.
    http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a...reviews&id=783

Palm just did not implement this.

Surur
  6.    #6  
    That is disapointing but I guess I don't have too many choices at this point. Thanks for the info guys!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    You can also drop it off a building, I promise it will shut off.
    Yeah, I discovered that one yesterday when I got on an airplane and could not turn it off. I ended up just yanking the battery out.

Of all the little "design" bits, you would think they could gotten the f-ing off switch right.

No doubt there is some program that can be downloaded for $39.95 that will enable the off switch.