1.    #1  
    This is my third Treo 700w. My last 2 have lost all signal. It shows only no bars, and sometimes 1 bar. Data Support had me do a hard reset on them and no help. Because of this, the battery drains a full battery within a day even with no use. I am being sent another one. I hope this is the last time, otherwise, I want to change phones, maybe to the i830. I am getting tired of being dead in the water for 2 days waiting for a replacement, twice now, after paying $400 for this thing.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Sounds like you need to move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey
    My last 2 have lost all signal. It shows only no bars, and sometimes 1 bar.
    Do you by chance have an SD card in the slot? Have you checked your signal with the card removed? A similar problem occured with the i730.

Also, you don't mention if this is a universal thing or localized to one small geographic area. Towers go down all the time - the indication of this would be similar to what you describe. I hope your explanations were more descriptive to the Data Support folks than the one you provided us here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey
    This is my third Treo 700w. My last 2 have lost all signal. It shows only no bars, and sometimes 1 bar. Data Support had me do a hard reset on them and no help. Because of this, the battery drains a full battery within a day even with no use. I am being sent another one. I hope this is the last time, otherwise, I want to change phones, maybe to the i830. I am getting tired of being dead in the water for 2 days waiting for a replacement, twice now, after paying $400 for this thing.
    Take it back... I don't know why anyone would buy a treo. I wish Microsoft would hurry and buy palm... get it over with. Then palm will return to greatness.
  5.    #5  
    nuflat:
    thanks for the reply, albeit useless, but thanks anyway.

Kupe:
    Yes. I did remove it and the same result.

theog:
    I think I might need to try a different piece of hardware if this one does the same thing.

Just to be clear, the phones all worked for a while, like a month or so, then the signal meter just shows no or 1 bar. After a hard reset, the same results. No signal. Verizon is sending me a new one, but i guess if this one does the same crap, I will need to really complain and try to go for another phone, maybe the i830.