Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got this device, upgraded from a Treo 650.....good thing for 15 day trial, I hate this POS phone, it is very hard to switch from Palm OS to Windows Mobile, everything about the phone sucks from the crappy screen to the way it constantly vibrates when on silent mode.

I hate it!!!, probably going to take it back! POS did I mention that???

sorry need to vent...all I went through to get this thing...to find out that it is the biggest POS ever put out....I will stick with that 650 any day I think..I might give it till monday....but not sure if I can make it that long.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    man so i bought this apple to upgrade from my orange and dudes it totally wasnt a grape

shut the **** up, seriously
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl
    man so i bought this apple to upgrade from my orange and dudes it totally wasnt a grape

shut the **** up, seriously
    LOL! - Yeah, you will have a learning curve going from Palm to Windows Mobile. I used to have Palm OS devices and Windows Mobile devices at the same time.

Going from Palm OS to Windows Mobile (back when it ran CE even), was a learning curve. I origionally started with Palm OS exclusively. You can't just run WM like you would your Palm; It simply won't work that way.

Heck, even going from Windows Mobile to BlackBerry's system, I had to re-learn things. Though in that case, I quit using the BB rather quickly... the system was just to limited. Still had to learn the differences though.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrebsd
    You can't just run WM like you would your Palm; It simply won't work that way.
    Thank god it doesn't "work that way".

If i couldn't multitask, I would throw the "POS" away too.
    The thing has been out for MONTHS with thread after thread describing the differences and you discover that the 700w it is different from the POS (Palm OS) you are used to. You then come here to vent?

Pulease!

I switched from POS to WM over a year ago and don't regret it because I like learning something different. I may switch back if the right device comes along but sincerely doubt it.
    Now there's a well thought out and thorough review eh? "it vibrates when on silent mode"... well no fkin kiddin einstein... would you rather it play "we are the champions" at full volume when on silent mode? Palm didn't ditch their OS for WM just because they lost a bet.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    lol @ this guys review.
    Opinions are like.....
    well we all have them.
    AKay
    Ya... ya just gotta laugh at reviews like this. Of course anyone with the expectation that the first WM5 Treo would work just like all the POS Treo's before it is just a wee bit . Oh well...
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart
    I just got this device, upgraded from a Treo 650.....good thing for 15 day trial, I hate this POS phone, it is very hard to switch from Palm OS to Windows Mobile, everything about the phone sucks from the crappy screen to the way it constantly vibrates when on silent mode.

I hate it!!!, probably going to take it back! POS did I mention that???

sorry need to vent...all I went through to get this thing...to find out that it is the biggest POS ever put out....I will stick with that 650 any day I think..I might give it till monday....but not sure if I can make it that long.
    Why do people say BS like this? I know this is a forum and you can discuss what's on your mind, but Geeeeeeze. Man I feel for you if you can't make it through the weekend. There are support groups for this kind of thing.

Besides you keep saying POS, it's not POS it's WM5! WM5 did I mention that??
    It's absolutely hilarious to hear the stream of replies from the gang. I really wonder what the hell he was thinking would result from all of the since he clearly showed that he was a flocking mow-ron. Then 15 days later I found out that I could have done a touch of research before going through everything I went through...WAAHHWAAHHBOOHOO! Gotta laugh!
    Last edited by Stozmon; 03/18/2006 at 09:50 AM.
    i love how he said its a POS and he hates it and its such a horrible phone but he will give it till monday, i kno for a fact that if i bought something and i absolutly hated it i wouldnt give it another 2 days id get rid of it asap, and his "the way it constantly vibrates when on silent mode" is classic thats as bad as the lawsuit on ipod because "when you turn the volume up it gets really loud"
    Got Treo?
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Maybe he thinks it will magically do everything he wants it to do over the weekend. Especially with St. Paddy's Day and all. Leprachauns can do wonderous things to Treos!

I say go buy a box of Lucky Charms and call it a day!
    I just got this device [700w], upgraded from a Treo 650.....good thing for 15 day trial, I hate this POS phone....
    Huh ? You bought a 700w with Palm Operating System on it ? Then , if I understand you correctly, you are complaining that the Windoews Mobile OS (WM5) doesn't work like the Palm OS (POS) .. well which is it ?

If you want WM5 buy a 700w....if you want POS, buy the 700p in a few weeks. But before ya put yaself in a position to be unhappy, do some more research and discover the differences between POS devices and WM5 devices.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I think he means Piece Of Shyt when hes saying POS.
    Not Palm OS.
    Or i may be interpreting his post wrong lol.
    AKay
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Actually we were using sarcasm to make a point.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    wowserz serious lag on my post lol i posted that like 30 minutes before it showed up!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKay
    I think he means Piece Of Shyt when hes saying POS.
    I realized that....when I first read it. But in the context that followed it sure made me doubt it.
    Looks like a drive-by ranting. Some other brvheart highlights from his year on the TreoCentral boards include:
    between the no threaded SMS and the crapier screen....that is enough to make me stay with the 650 until they address those issues....
    Which seem to indicate he broke his own rule in purchasing a 700w.

Regarding his ability to handle a WM device (versus a Palm OS device) - here's one of the Palm OS challenges he could not overcome:
    OK, I could not even get verizon to help on thise one, they were clueless. When I go to get on the web, it says "you must connect to the internet" Is this ok? I say yes, it goes to connection to verizons network, then handshake, then returns the error message... Bad username or password. Can some please tell me what I overlooked, or what I missed when I searched for this on here and other forums???
    Again he shows us his inability to resist purchasing a device before it meets his otherwise exacting standards as in his decision to not purchase a T650 (which he does purchase).
    when it finally gets here....it gets here, I will still wait for a while to switch from the 600 to make sure the bugs are gone.
    Finallly, living proof that there aren't enough tin foil hats to go around:
    Has anyone noticed that the status light on the Treo 600 (not sure on the 650) is an upside down cross?? An upside down cross symbolizes the mockery and rejection of Jesus.
    User Control Panels make for entertaining times.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Methinks he's a couple tacos shy of a combination plate.
  20.    #20  
    just for all you dinks that like to be tuff on the internet....

I did not buy the 700w, it was a free up after 9 replacements of the treo 650.

As far as the status light on the Treo 600...that was my first introduction to the 600 and this board...so I will take that one on the chin.

for all you ignorant a**'s that could not figure out that POS meant Piece of Shyt, then had the nerve to bash me...your ignorant actions speak for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by kupe=a**hole
    Again he shows us his inability to resist purchasing a device before it meets his otherwise exacting standards as in his decision to not purchase a T650 (which he does purchase).
    Jujst you know einstien, I did not buy the 650, when I had a issue with my 600 and they replaced it, they were no longer selling the 600 new, so they had to upgrade me to the 650, I would not have bought this phone.

Quote Originally Posted by kupe=a**hole
    Regarding his ability to handle a WM device (versus a Palm OS device) - here's one of the Palm OS challenges he could not overcome:
    Just so you know that you are not a "genius" or some kind of I know it all abot every situation and every phone, this was an error on Verizons side where they did not activate the internet in the system, so before you spout you big *** mouth, know the facts.

For everyone that just thinks I went out and bought this device with no research, I will tell you this, I did much research, but did not actually have one to work with till I got this one, I got this as a free up, I read all the other reviews etc, just did not expect the thing to be so different in so many aspects.

for you stupid morons that commented about the vibration, my point is that the thing constanly vibrates, the 6 series treo and most other phones vibrate in pulse's not constantly....this to me was odd. If you actually thought I did not think it would vibrate when on vibrate - congratualations you have reached the dumb f$*# award.

For those that said "his Review" etc, it was not a review it was a rant...letting off steam...done in part to see how many would flock out to Flame someone, talk tough from behind the keyboard.

I am glad that none of you followed a single rule of the forum...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/announcement.php?f=76

And another thing....you guys are freaking hilarious...so easy to get all wound up and talking trash to other people on an internet chat board.
    Last edited by brvheart; 03/18/2006 at 09:07 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast