Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart
    I am glad that none of you followed a single rule of the forum...
    And you somehow did? Look under Foul Language.
  2.    #22  
    A edited those myself, I did not let the system edit them...
    March 13, 2006

Verizon Wireless
    777 Big Timber Road
    Elgin, Illinois 60123
    Attention: Customer Service

Subject: Treo 700/ActiveSync

To Whom It May Concern:

In January of this year, shortly after it was introduced by your company, I purchased a Treo 700 from a local Verizon Wireless outlet in Raleigh, North Carolina. I had followed the press releases related to this mobile device for some time, and reasonably expected that this device would be capable of fulfilling the functions which had been (and continue to be) heavily advertised by your company. So impressed was I with the potential of this device that I terminated my long-standing service with Alltel and discontinued use of an earlier Pocket PC device (and older version of ActiveSync) which had suited my needs well for a number of years.

Unfortunately, my experience with this device to date has been far from satisfactory. In fact, I can say with all honesty that this has been the most unstable and problematic PDA/mobile phone that I have ever used (and I have had many over the years). I was not surprised to experience some difficulties as an “early adopter” of a newly released device and operating system, and most of the “glitches” that I have encountered have not been too disruptive in the overall scheme of things. The implementation of ActiveSync on this device, however, is an absolute and unqualified disaster.

I have no third party software on my device and only need to sync calendar, contacts, tasks, and files between my device, laptop, and desktop as I have done with many other PDA’s. I obtain E-mail via Wireless Sync (but do not sync any other data with that application). I do not sync via exchange server, rather I connect to my laptop and desktop via USB cradle. In brief summary, after initially configuring the device, I am able to sync correctly for several days, then unexpectedly the syncs start taking a very long time, then after a few more days the sync fails to complete and only a hard reset will allow me to sync the device. Without going into all the details, I have spent a total of at least 10 hours on the phone with Verizon support staff and on each occasion they have ultimately advised me to hard reset the device. Each time I have to hard reset the device it takes at least an hour to re-configure it.

I’m sure you can understand how totally unacceptable and disruptive this situation is. Without the ability to reliably and consistently sync my data, the other very nice attributes of the phone become all but worthless. I have also been in communication with Palm and Microsoft support. All parties (including Verizon support) acknowledge that the Treo 700/ActiveSync has been very problematic, but no solution is offered. Palm and Microsoft simply refer me back to Verizon. On a positive note, your support staff seem well intentioned and quite knowledgeable about the device – but it is quite clear that they cannot correct the problems with this inherently flawed device.

In fact, Verizon support staff have told me that they believe the device should be recalled/discontinued until fixed, that they would never use such a device, that the current configuration of the device is “useless”, and (my favorite) the Treo 700 is “job security” for Verizon technical support. I actually recorded these calls hoping to be able to go back later and review the steps involved in fixing the problems with the device – instead what I was told is that there is no actual fix (other than regular hard resets), and on at least one call the technician was ventilating to me how hard it is for her to constantly receive calls from angry Treo 700 customers.

I have also found forums on the subject with hundreds of people describing similar (or worse) problems with the device. One web site lists 68 pages of people voicing various complaints about ActiveSync on the Treo 700. Suffice it to say that I am fairly certain that my experience with the Treo 700 is not an isolated event.

Just yesterday, I learned that two wireless providers announced a recall on a recently released Motorola phone that has had technical problems. I respect their willingness to acknowledge a problem and do what it takes to fix it. In my view, Verizon should demonstrate a willingness to do the same. For what it’s worth, in addition to being a dissatisfied customer, I am also a shareholder in this company. As an investor, I sincerely hope that your lack of any meaningful response to the obvious problems with this device to date are not indicative of a more pervasive business philosophy.

I am not so upset that the Treo 700 has problems – again, it is a new device and I understand that there will be “growing pains”. On the other hand, the fact that these problems are obviously known to your company but not acknowledged to your customers is extremely disappointing. Additionally, the fact that Verizon also continues to heavily market this device in spite of its obvious problems is certainly troublesome and could understandably be viewed by some as a fraudulent business practice.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to your response to my concerns.

Sincerely,

cc: Marialina Dominguez
    Executive Director - Shareowner Services
    Verizon Center
    One Verizon Way
    Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Verizon Wireless
    ATTN: Customer Service Department
    Post Office Box 105378
    Atlanta, GA 30348

Dennis Strigl
    President & CEO
    Verizon Wireless
    180 Washington Valley Road
    Bedminster, NJ 07921
    You still used foul language, if the system does the edit or not.

But then again, we can also say you didn't do the following...

Respect Others - "just for all you jerkoffs"... yeah, say that to your boss.
    Make relevant, meaningful posts - Vent posts aren't needed to begin with.
    Personal Attacks - Calling people "stupid morons"
  5.    #25  
    I can not dispute that with you, you got me, I am man enough admint when I have fouled up...I should not have stooped to that level. will edit post if I can...not on the fouls language part, I did not use....I insinuated it, but did not use.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychdoc
    In fact, Verizon support staff have told me that they believe the device should be recalled/discontinued until fixed, that they would never use such a device, that the current configuration of the device is “useless”, and (my favorite) the Treo 700 is “job security” for Verizon technical support. I actually recorded these calls hoping to be able to go back later and review the steps involved in fixing the problems with the device – instead what I was told is that there is no actual fix (other than regular hard resets), and on at least one call the technician was ventilating to me how hard it is for her to constantly receive calls from angry Treo 700 customers.
    BS, email me these conversations, i will post them to the board in low bitrate mp3.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    BS, email me these conversations, i will post them to the board in low bitrate mp3.
    The guy has one post & joined today... wanna place a wager on that being "brvheart"? :P
  8.    #28  
    OMG....kiss me ****, admins check the IP's, that is not me. Before you accuse someone of creating a seperate username/sign on...at least have you faqs straight man.

Admins/Mods....check IP's etc.....then post results.
    Last edited by brvheart; 03/18/2006 at 11:50 PM.
    Right, right, watever, were you planning to post these conversations you have recorded wherein Verizon support staff have told you that they believe the 700w should be recalled or discontinued ?
  10.    #30  
    waiting on admins/mods to check IP's etc to show you that we are not the same person...
  11.    #31  
    we will see
    There is a thing called proxys... IP's don't prove anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychdoc
    To Whom It May Concern:

In January of this year, shortly after it was introduced by your company, I purchased a Treo .... the implementation of ActiveSync on this device, however, is an absolute and unqualified disaster.
    I am a POS user, one of the main reasons being what you describe above but the problems with Activesync are by no means limited to the 700w. I'd venture to say that "ActiveStink" is the number one problem with every WM5 user no matter what hardware they using. If that's your beef, you oughta be writing to Microsoft and not Verizon. It's not Dell's fault you gotta run AV, ad-ware, spybot, firewals, etc. You don't want malware worries, you use a Mac or Linux. You don't want ActiveSync issues, use of phone that doesn't use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    You don't want malware worries, you use a Mac or Linux.
    Nobody is going to write an exploit for an operating system with 18% market share. Mac and linux are safe until they have enough users for anybody to care about them. Just like Palm OS.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by andrebsd
    There is a thing called proxys... IP's don't prove anything.
    well, then I guess you can have your own opinion, and I will know the truth, and I am ok with that
    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart
    well, then I guess you can have your own opinion, and I will know the truth, and I am ok with that
    Right, so interesting, now back to you posting those mp3s.
  17.    #37  
    Right, so interesting, now back to you posting those mp3s.
    lol, you and those MP3's......believe me if I had any with that involved Verizon conversations like that of above, I would send them to you or host and post myself
    "this is not me" --- Did you seriously write that?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    If that's your beef, you oughta be writing to Microsoft and not Verizon. It's not Dell's fault you gotta run AV, ad-ware, spybot, firewals, etc. You don't want malware worries, you use a Mac or Linux. You don't want ActiveSync issues, use of phone that doesn't use it.
    This is so much crap!!! The fault lies primarily in who sells the product - not who made the product. It is the responsibility of the seller to insure that the maker's product does what it was advertised to do for the seller's customers. My 700 and 6700 have "Verizon" silk screened on the front and they gladly took my money - not MS or anyone else. VZ ought to be hard at work trying to find a solution but also should be jumping down Palm's and MS' throats to make this right for their customers, you and me and everyone else who paid a lot of money expecting a basic operation like syncing to be adequately supported. The fact that it has been almost three months with no solution except what some of us have devised on our own to keep limping along is a complete failure on the part of VZ and VZ alone. I strongly support anyone who has voiced their complaints in such a professional way as the letter to VZ above. Thank you for doing that and I hope it brings results.

Frank
    Nobody is going to write an exploit for an operating system with 18% market share. Mac and linux are safe until they have enough users for anybody to care about them. Just like Palm OS.

Actually on both Mac and Linux (mostly Mac) systems, the infrastructure is quite a bit different, making it extremely difficult to actually write viruses/spyware for these systems. There are actually only a handfull of viruses for Mac and most of them require the user to actually manually run the program. Then it's just about convincing someone to run it. There are reasons beyond the market share for the lack of viruses/spyware. So your statement is actually false. No need to flame back though, I wasn't poking at you, I was just correcting/informing you.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast