1.    #1  
    you guys may want to check this out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=5881174868&rd
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    What does the guy mean that it is unlocked? Verizon doesn't use unlocked phones.
    Dont see where he says its unlocked. $400 with 1 day to go, it will top $550-$600 before it ends. Makes me feel good I was able to get mine form a member here for $400 2 weeks old!
    Time for new glasses:

Description

Item Specifics - Cell Phones
    Phone Brand:
    Treo
    Condition:
    New

Phone Model:
    Treo 700W
    Features:
    PDA, Color Screen, Unlocked

Service Compatibility:
    Verizon
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    really bad feedback...i would stay away
    All Verizon phones are unlocked- they should work on altell as well
    They are not "unlocked"

You can't use them on Sprint.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    CDMA phones aren't locked in the same way a SIM phone is - the providers use an ESN database to see if it is "their" phone. If the ESN is not in their database they don't activate it. This may be a new practice since you could activate a Sprint 650 on Verizon before VZW offered the 650; and Earthlink uses a CDMA phone that uses VZW or Sprint as the carrier with EL buying time from them; but you can't activate an EL phone on VZW (even though EL may be using their network anyway).
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    They are not "unlocked"

You can't use them on Sprint.
    Almost all VZW phones are unlocked and could be used on sprint. However they both track ESN's and would never activate a VZW phone for you.

They really have no reason to lock anymore. There is virtually no other market for CDMA devices outside of US.
    Quote Originally Posted by VZWuser
    Almost all VZW phones are unlocked and could be used on sprint. However they both track ESN's and would never activate a VZW phone for you.

They really have no reason to lock anymore. There is virtually no other market for CDMA devices outside of US.
    That's the point. You can't do it. You can't "unlock" a VZW phone and take it to Sprint.

on our 10 oclocks news they did a report about unlockin cell phones and they said that you were "not" able to unlock vzw phones
    Got Treo?