1.    #1  
    When I get a Voice Mail reminder come up, my right action key has the option, "Dismiss." I tap on it, and it won't dismiss/remove the message without having to call in, hear the message and delete it. Is there any way to delete it without having to call VM?
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glennj
    When I get a Voice Mail reminder come up, my right action key has the option, "Dismiss." I tap on it, and it won't dismiss/remove the message without having to call in, hear the message and delete it. Is there any way to delete it without having to call VM?
    There should be a clear voicemail icon option in the phone app.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    There should be a clear voicemail icon option in the phone app.
    I think he wants clear the voicemail message without having to call into the voicemail if I understand correctly. As far as I know, you cannot do that. In order to remove a voicemail, you have to call into the voicemail system and delete it there.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    There is an app for WM that makes it work like a local voice mail machine... it answers your phone plays a greeting and records the message as a sound file. You might want to look into that?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    You can also try this, not a complete solution, but close. If you hit 7 twice fast (as in 77) you don't have to listen to the whole message, it will delete immediately. In fact, as soon as the phone says "next message" I hit 77 and it deletes before it even gets to the date.
  6.    #6  
    thanks for your replies......nuflat was right, i was wanting to delete the voicemail without having to call in.......question is now- does VW still charge .15 to access the VM? that's what might make not having that option to delete stink.........I'll have to check my detailed billing, but just wondering.......
    question is now- does VW still charge .15 to access the VM?
    Cingular doesn't, don't know about Verizon.
    I've never seen a charge for checking my voicemail. I've been on VZW for 3 years now.
    Come on now. Go to the phone application, menu, options, go to the SERVICES tab, scroll down to voicemail and tap settings. There should be a button appear that you tap to clear the icon.
  10.    #10  
    Okay....gharrod, do you mean go to SETTINGS-> PHONE-> then click on "SERVICES" tab (among the "Phone" "Network" and "Security" tabs )that brings up the window with the header, "To access settings for a service, select it from the following list"? That is the only way I can find to get to any "Services" tab for the phone. Regarding the sequence in your reply, I have neither a "menu" nor an "options" choice before I get to the phone settings.

once there, the ONLY options I have there are "Voice Privacy" and "Location Privacy". Nothing exists there for VM.

What am I missing here?
    I don't follow you either gharrod??
    thanks for your replies......nuflat was right, i was wanting to delete the voicemail without having to call in.......question is now- does VW still charge .15 to access the VM? that's what might make not having that option to delete stink.........I'll have to check my detailed billing, but just wondering.......
    verizon does not charge if you use the *86 to access VM. If you just call your phone then you will be charged.
    Quote Originally Posted by citi
    verizon does not charge if you use the *86 to access VM. If you just call your phone then you will be charged.
    If you call your own phone number isn't that an IN network call and thus free of airtime charges?

It's easy enough to add a *86 speed dial, but is there a way to retask the "retreive voice mail" prompt to dial *86 rather than the phone number?

It should also be noted that *86 doesn't work consistantly out of verizon's territory.
    Quote Originally Posted by citi
    Better check your bill a bit more carefully, buddy...it shows up as

(000) 000-0086 Voicemail

and gets tallied in your minutes. All carriers charge to access voicemail as far as I know...you are technically using air time, as horrible as that logic is. For those who think they are not being charged for Voicemail, please confirm this by really looking over your bill. If the above does not show up on anyone else's bill I am calling CS right now.
    Yes it's on my bill, but it's always
    Usage type: RA with is R=Voice Mail Retrieval, A=Price Plan Allowance
    Airtime Charges: Included
    LongDistance and other Charges: .00
    Total: .00
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod
    Yes it's on my bill, but it's always
    Usage type: RA with is R=Voice Mail Retrieval, A=Price Plan Allowance
    Airtime Charges: Included
    LongDistance and other Charges: .00
    Total: .00
    That's because you don't go over your minutes each month when you check your voicemail.

However, if you are over your monthly allotted minutes, it will be charged each time you check your voicemail.

I spoke with Verizon about this and I asked why it doesn't get counted as mobile-to-mobile, and they basically just said that it doesn't.

They're ridiculous, but everyone charges.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Come on now. Go to the phone application, menu, options, go to the SERVICES tab, scroll down to voicemail and tap settings. There should be a button appear that you tap to clear the icon.
    He doesn't want to just clear the icon, he wants to delete the voicemail from the VZW server without having to call his voicemail.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt
    is there a way to retask the "retreive voice mail" prompt to dial *86 rather than the phone number?
    I would LOVE a fix for this