Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    C'mon ubergeeks! Y'all are slacking.
    you can only hack stuff that has the hardware in it to hack - there will never be a hack for this - give it up
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I'm a little confused by your response. What hardware, other than a BT radio, is required for BT DUN? The hardware is there, we just need the software to enable it. PdaNet should be working on a BT solution, which all current owners (including me) get a free upgrade to.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    This is entirely possible, but honestly, I am at a loss as to how to accomplish it. I've tried several things, but I belive palm used strange serial port address modes to make the com ports harder to route. Hopefully a few mods to the wmodem program from the 6700 should enable this to work. But it is by no means a "easy" hack like the 650 was.
    try this #*#83843733(SEND)

Quote Originally Posted by lorddaddy84
    Why? Have you?
    Sam
    OK, tethered mode, so do you have to establish a data session first? or bluetooth connection? Good find!

Bill
    Freedom Isn't Free, Never Forget 9/11
    I am confused, all this techno-speak. Can somebody who has done this end to end post a step by step? You'd be doing the board a great service.

I kind of doubt this would work. If it was as simple as a code, Shadowmite would have found it by now.

Sam
    I'm waiting for this also. Isnt this a question for http://www.junefabrics.com/pdanet/? If i had a license to the software, i would ask them how they are coming along with the promised patch.
    I asked and this is the email response I received from June Fabrics on March 7, 2006:

We will be making a beta version available at our website in 2 to 3 weeks

Thanks,
    June Fabrics PDA Software Support

So that's worst case March 28?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I wonder, though, if PDAnet's BT connectivity will be "true" DUN, or if it will require a companion application running on Windows. I'm hoping it's really DUN, since I'm not a Windows user.
    Quote Originally Posted by eng50
    OK, tethered mode, so do you have to establish a data session first? or bluetooth connection? Good find!

Bill
    not real sure, my computer is down right now so i havent had a chance to try it. Good luck on it though.

Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SamT
    ...I kind of doubt this would work. If it was as simple as a code, Shadowmite would have found it by now.
    It was a simple a code (**PATH or **7284) on allowed the Samsung SCH-i730 to be used as a USB modem.

Our of principle I will not pay for a third party app that enables a feature that is meant to be an out of the box capability on WM. Sorry PDANet thatís just my perspective. At least you provided the option for those that need it sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by gex; 03/18/2006 at 01:53 AM.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Why dont you just use the instructions to make the 700w a broadband wireless router?

Much faster than bluetooth.

You would need to buy a WiFi card for the 700w though....
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lorddaddy84
    I tried this and now some prisioner named Spanky has control of my phone and keeps making long distance calls to Barbados, for free!
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Why dont you just use the instructions to make the 700w a broadband wireless router?

Much faster than bluetooth.

You would need to buy a WiFi card for the 700w though....
    How did you know this is much faster than dun? You already said you havent done bluetooth dun. What are you compairing this against? I am looking at pdanet versus wifi soon. The wifi card is not perfect as i use my 4 gig SD card often.

Btw, i know what you mean about the aversion to having to buy 3rd party software just to get fbasic unctionality that should be included in the OS. But it could be worse, we could be using palm OS.

No wonder these people dont want to change, they have invested half their net worth in 3rd party hacks to get their device to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    How did you know this is much faster than dun? You already said you havent done bluetooth dun. What are you compairing this against? I am looking at pdanet versus wifi soon. The wifi card is not perfect as i use my 4 gig SD card often.

Btw, i know what you mean about the aversion to having to buy 3rd party software just to get fbasic unctionality that should be included in the OS. But it could be worse, we could be using palm OS.

No wonder these people dont want to change, they have invested half their net worth in 3rd party hacks to get their device to work.
    I have no idea WTF you are talking about, and it's obvious that you don't either. I have no problems with BT DUN on my 650 (besides slow speed.) No hacks, no 3rd party software.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    lol, oops, nasty bitterness again, your in the wrong thread, we're talking about broadband phones, and your thinking of reverse dun ...

why would anyone want to share the 1x connection of their 650 over to their laptop?

this was a 3g thread, looks like you made a mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    lol, oops, nasty bitterness again, your in the wrong thread, we're talking about broadband phones, and your thinking of reverse dun ...

why would anyone want to share the 1x connection of their 650 over to their laptop?

this was a 3g thread, looks like you made a mistake
    Who said anything of reverse DUN?? Do you even know what reverse DUN is? You made the claim Palm users need 3rd party software or hacks to get DUN.

Why mention P/OS, unless you think it can't be done?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Why mention P/OS, unless you think it can't be done?
    Nope... gex said ...
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Our of principle I will not pay for a third party app that enables a feature that is meant to be an out of the box capability on WM.
    My comment was intended to convey that microsoft consistently delivers basic functionality as a part of the OS without requiring a frankenstein collection of 3rd party apllications, and that with each new incarnation of the operating system, any and all 3rd party apps are traditionally eaten up and made obsolete by thier new OS.

His comment was that he took exception to having to buy pdanet just to be able to share his broadband connection to his laptop. My comment was that if he was using Palm OS, he would be used to buying 3rd party apps, even to do things like browse the file system!! lol

Personally, i dont know how palm OS users use bluteooth dun to share their data connections to their laptops, but i cant imagine why anyone would want to. Personally for me, I would not have bought one of these devices without 3g.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast