Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    How did you know this is much faster than dun? What are you compairing this against? I am looking at pdanet versus wifi soon. The wifi card is not perfect as i use my 4 gig SD card often.
    Bluetooth connections are limited to around 150Kbps max or something like that...not sure exactly but it is slow. Making your 700w a wifi access point is much, much faster of a solution.

Your right about having to use a WiFi card being an inconvenience.
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Bluetooth connections are limited to around 150Kbps max or something like that...not sure exactly but it is slow.
    Agreed. With EVDO, USB tethering is the way to fully utilize the bandwidth. This subject has been well discussed in other forums, such as the Samsung i730. BT might work and it is certainly convenient, but it cannot enjoy all that EVDO has to offer.

I've used BT DUN (with the Samsung) under 1xRTT and that seems to work okay. Still, USB was faster when measured.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    Quote Originally Posted by capteeou at Howard Forums
    Here are some codes to get into some of the diagnostic areas of the phone. It might have the vocoder line you are looking for.

#*#33284(SEND) Radio debug info
    #*#774(SEND) PRI screen
    #*#56672225(SEND) Loopback menu
    #*#7738(SEND) PREV Menu
    #*#3424(SEND) Diag mode screen
    #*#83843733(SEND) Tethered Mode
    You can try to see if you can get the Tethered mode ode to work, i can get it to say tethered mode on my screen but dont have anything to test it with. If you establish a bluetooth connection with your other device then establish a internet connection with your treo it should work, let me know if it does.

Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    I would try doing USB first... without the complications of BT. Turn off activesync on your desktop then turn on tethered mode and plug it into your computer.. if your lucky a default modem driver will kick in... if not you may need a modem driver specific to the device...perhaps the samsung one will work but i doubt it.

Hope someone gets somewhere with this.... i would try it but im on vacation for the next week!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12