1.    #1  
    I just received my BT-339 a couple of days ago. I have read that many of you have been able to get this combination of hardware and software to work properly. I have tried everything I believe and it does not appear to work properly. The problem that I can not get pass is the initial pairing of the GPS and the 700. During the pairing process I am able to get the Treo to recognize the BT-339.....I guess my question is what are the steps that I need to follow?
    Do I check the serial port box that appears after the Treo recognizes the GPS?
    When I select an New Outgoing Port, which com port should I select (0,4,7 or 8 )?
    Do I check the Secure Connection Box?
    When I open GPSinfo, which com port do I select (1,2,3,5,6, or 9)? None of which correspond to the Outgoing port selected.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled GPSInfo to make sure that I have the latest version. I have explored GPSPassion.com for help there. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP! THANKS
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Did you ever have any luck with this? If so how did you get them to pair?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I use a BT338 and GPSDash2 on my 700W with no problems. I use COM port 7 without secure connection. Must select same COM port on 700 and BT. Pairs and works great with old ROM - haven't tried it with 1.10 ROM.

Frank

EDIT: Just tried it and it works great with 1.10 UG ROM. Forgot to mention that I never got it to work with the software included with BT338 - only worked for me with GPSDash2.
    Last edited by fmcgirt; 05/01/2006 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Additional info
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Ok I guess I am missing something because when I go to choose a com port in the GPS software, it does not allow me to select the same com port that I assigned to the GPS in the 700 and I can't get them to pair.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I would try deleting the pairing on the 700, set up a new pairing and selecting a COM port on the 700 which IS available in the GPS software. I seem to remember having a similar problem and that is about when I gave up and went to GPSDash2 which has a large list of COM ports to choose from.

Frank
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Great GPSdash2 worked. Thanks! Now I need to find some good GPS software. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Glad it worked. And no suggestions really. Guess I would beguided by comments from GPSPassion.

Frank