Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Has anyone experienced Activesync problems w XP Pro SP2? I am sure that my activesync problems are because of XP Pro. I just upgraded from XP Home to Pro and now Active Suck doesn't work.

Has anyone had any luck at getting support from Microsoft or palm?

I need to get this to work. Any ideas?
    I have the exact same program and AS works. Try shutting off the firewall and anti-virus. I have heard they cause interference with AS, so I always shut them down.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Thanks LT I tried that. And still no dice. I even tried complety uninstalling my Norton Internet Security 2005 and still no luck.

Any other suggestions?

Interestingly I can sync w bt. However my contacts won't sync. In the AS program on the 700 the contacts field is not checked and greyed out. I tried to check the box but it won't let me. You think this is an anti virus
    / firewall issue too? Or could it be an XP pro issue or something simpler.

Thanks a lot.
    There's a firewall in SP2, did you shut that down too? And you're using AS 4.1?

Here's a thread with some info.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=103806
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Are you getting the "Looking for changes" screen indefinitely? If so, what worked for me was setting AS to only sync Calendar and Contacts.

Unplug the Treo and delete the Treo from AS on your PC: AS/File/Delete Mobile Device.
    Delete the PC from the Treo setup: AS/Menu/Options/Delete.

When you plug the Treo in again, AS on the PC should show the possible items to sync. Select only Calendar and Contacts and see if that works.