1.    #1  
    Well, I've had my 700 for about 4 weeks now after using a 650 for a couple of years, long enough to start to understand the beast and long enough to figure out what I'd really like to see.

1. A quality email client. I got spoiled by ChatterEmail and everytime I use MS's poor excuse of a client, I miss it more.

2. A top-class PIM. Agendus was my choice back in the 650 days and it was tremendous. I'm using Pocket Informant now and it's ok, but not even close in functionality and ease of use. They tried too hard to emulate the look and feel of Outlook without thinking more out of the box.

3. Will someone please shoot the guy who designed the calendar to react to time zone changes? I know some of you love this feature and, well, that's ok. But how about an opt-out setting for those of us to whom this "feature" in nothing but a PITA? The only opt-out is to cut the phone's clock from the outside world, a very bad alternative.

4. A better syncing app then ActivStink. I see Pocket Mirror is getting close to a release, so maybe that'll solve this one.

Other than these 4 things, I'm pretty impressed with the 700. It works as advertised and I'm learning more about her every day. I miss the 650, but it was time to make the move and I'm glad I did.
    1. Try VGSmail. http://www.vgsmail.com/ppc/. It is a viable push solution.

3. I thought I saw somewhere a setting to turn this off, but for the life of me I cannot find it.
    I use pocket informant and like it alot as my PIM.

I have seen, though I have never used, some 3rd party utilities that help many time zone changes with calendar appointments. I cannot recall the name a search at a couple WM software sites should yield some results for you.
    If you uncheck use network time it will not switch zones.

Whether one likes it or not Outlook is the preeminent windows mail app and is the one which all attempt to emulate. Windows devices and apps will always try to make the mail experience as close to the outlook desktop look and feel as possible.

What mail etc are you sync'ing with?

I use exchange / goodlink and never use active sync except for pocket controller pro to demo Windows Mobile functionality.
    If it were quicker over TCP/IP I wouldn't even use it for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by VZWuser
    Windows devices and apps will always try to make the mail experience as close to the outlook desktop look and feel as possible.
    Well I'll agree that anything that comes out of Redmond will. . I remember a pre Outlook world when Lotus strated integrating web / mail functions into the PIM I thot it was a stupid idea......good thing I am not in marketing ! I still haven't found anything as functional as the ole Lotus Organizer interface.
  6.    #6  
    HobbesIsReal:
    I also use PI and it's adequate. If you ever had an opportunity to use Agendus (back in my Palm OS days), PI doesn't come close. As far as a time zone manager, WebIS has a Toolbox that is supposed to help with the timing issue. I tried it and could not get it to work.

VZWuser:
    Yep, I know that will work, but it also leaves the phone on my home time zone. This makes it a little tough when setting wake up alarms. I know I can overcome it by changing the alarm time to reflect the time at home, but really!

As an additional note on the timing issue, how tough would it be to give the user a setting to turn on/off timing sync in the calendar? That way, those who love the way WM5 shifts appts would be happy, and those of us pulling our hair out could also relax.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffCarlin
    HobbesIsReal:
    I also use PI and it's adequate. If you ever had an opportunity to use Agendus (back in my Palm OS days), PI doesn't come close. As far as a time zone manager, WebIS has a Toolbox that is supposed to help with the timing issue. I tried it and could not get it to work.
    Yes I used Agendus, but truthfully I am quite happy with PI. Make sure you have the latest rev as they have made a lot of little tweaks that adds up. I think it really just comes down to a a personal preference or whatever you are used to.

As for the toolbox, I just got an email from then today saying that they are going to have an update for the Toolbox very soon. Maybe that will help.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    As for the toolbox, I just got an email from then today saying that they are going to have an update for the Toolbox very soon. Maybe that will help.
    It is now out....WebIS Toolbox 3.1...... Here are the updated features that they shared in the update email:

We've released a free upgrade for all WebIS Toolbox 3.x users and we're pretty excited about it. Besides offering appointment and task deduping, this new release also has an updated user interface and more:

Added registry backup/restore
    Appointment De-duper
    Tasks de-duper
    *Automatic de-dupe mode* for contacts, tasks, and appointments
    VCF vCard imports
    Default telephone number changer
    Better support for landscape orientation
    Better Square Screen Support
    Better One Handed operation
    Removed SIP button from WM 5.0 menubars where not needed
    Added proper progress bar to each of the de-dupers
    Added confirmation messages to all windows