1. JiG
    Hi all --

I recently purchased a Globalsat SD GPS device and have a question...

If you've seen these devices, they attach via an SD memory card (512MB). When I insert the device into a PCMCIA SD card reader and insert into my laptop I do not see the disk under "My Computers" and therefore am unable to copy files to the card.

Does anybody have any experience with this device or might I be stuck with a defective unit?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    I was thinking of getting this receiver. Does it work?
  3. RGM
    It works great. I am not very happy with the Street and trips though. I am surprised at how little support there is for S/T. I have posted this question in various newsgroups hoping for some answer, and so far only two responses, and both have been related to the GPS unit, not S/T. I am looking at the Delorme handheld product.
  4. RGM
    oops, I posted to the wrong thread (albeit it was related). Hopefully I provided some useful info, though.

As for the original question. I used this on my Treo and it worked perfectly. I have not tried it on a laptop, though. sorry
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Does the Delorme handheld software work on the 700's 240x240 resolution?
    I'd like to hear more on this? I'm highly considering purchasing this product. Any reviews?
    Quote Originally Posted by JiG View Post
    Hi all --

I recently purchased a Globalsat SD GPS device and have a question...

If you've seen these devices, they attach via an SD memory card (512MB). When I insert the device into a PCMCIA SD card reader and insert into my laptop I do not see the disk under "My Computers" and therefore am unable to copy files to the card.

Does anybody have any experience with this device or might I be stuck with a defective unit?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    You are inserting the GPS receiver into the card reader slot on your computer with the microSD card inserted into the receiver?

I think there are drivers you might have to download, so look for those.

My boss had this unit and had to exchange it because the built-in card reader in the GPS unit quit working. The GPS unit was working fine, but it wasn't reading the card.