1.    #1  
    I have seen many people on the thread who managed to install GoodLink on Treo 700w. I am having trouble with the installer.

Here's what I am doing...
    1. https://get.good.com
    2. By default it only displays PPC 2005 version, I select that and download
    3. Then click on OTA setup, it completes authentication, downloads the software and tells me GoodLink has been successfully installed. I click OK and I get an OTA setup error.

I can't seem to get past this screen, this always happens after it completes the software installation. Tried after hard-reset, soft reset and still no luck.

any one with similar issues was able to get past this?

Thanks
    I would repeatedly get a similar setup error when attempting to install GoodLink to the storage card. When I installed to the Treo built in storage, I would not get the error.

Eric
    If it's anything like Goodlink on the 650, you can't install it on a memory card.

Three questions:

Is it as much of a memory hog on the 700w as on the 650?
    Does it us ethe native contacts / calender / email databases or install it's own?
    Does it require a seperate key or can one setup for a 650 work?
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Memory hog? I'd say yes.

Before I installed GL, after a soft reset, I'd have a little over 14MB of memory.

With GL installed, I begin with about 8MB of memory. I have to keep voice command off to avoid low memory problems.
    Yes, it is a memory hog. The installation itself takes just over 13 mb of permanent storage memory. Like uscdsig, after a softboot, I have just over 8 mb of free of program memory. Hopefully, when Good releases their client designed for our phone, it will use less memory. Good tells me a release is estimated to be available in April.

GoodLink does not use the Outlook native to the phone. It installs it's own Email, Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks.

Eric
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timbaktu
    I have seen many people on the thread who managed to install GoodLink on Treo 700w. I am having trouble with the installer.

Here's what I am doing...
    1. https://get.good.com
    2. By default it only displays PPC 2005 version, I select that and download
    3. Then click on OTA setup, it completes authentication, downloads the software and tells me GoodLink has been successfully installed. I click OK and I get an OTA setup error.

I can't seem to get past this screen, this always happens after it completes the software installation. Tried after hard-reset, soft reset and still no luck.

any one with similar issues was able to get past this?

Thanks
    I was having a similar problem on one of my 700w's.

the way I got it fixed was to have the user cache (for the specific user account) on the goodlink management console deleted and then had the admin reprovision the device. It installed properly after that. the admin did need to stop the goodlink service to allow the cache to be deleted.

In my case I had it working on my 650's and it would not install on the 700w replacement.
    I am using 4.7.1.10 beta with no issues and about 10MB free after reset with nothing else running. I was not able to install it on the card.

Running pocket weather, XCpu Scalar, and Pocket Controller Pro I have about 6MB free.
  8.    #8  
    That did it, but have the low memory issue like everyone else had.
    Thanks all...
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VZWuser
    I am using 4.7.1.10 beta with no issues and about 10MB free after reset with nothing else running. I was not able to install it on the card.
    Hmm, so the beta frees up 2MB? That's good.

So with the beta can GL work with EVDO enabled? Right now I have to force my 700w into 1x for GL to work. Hoping I can leave EVDO on. Thanks.
  10.    #10  
    I have EVDO enabled and it works fine. No problems @ all, except that I am extremely low on memory.
    How do you force the 700w into 1x ???
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strongs120
    How do you force the 700w into 1x ???
    it can be turned on/off by "dialing" #*#3836 send
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timbaktu
    I have EVDO enabled and it works fine. No problems @ all, except that I am extremely low on memory.
    you dont notice any significant battery issues when EVDO is on? originally my battery was getting drained in half a day if EVDO was on with goodLink, once I turned EVDO off, the battery lasts thru the day with no problem.... are you using a beta version or something?
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I'm hoping the official version supports EVDO.

I hate the fact that when in 1x mode (and the 700w is accessing data), all voice calls go to VM.