1. sig
    I originally posted this on the treo 700w forum, but thought this might be a more appropriate forum for my question.

Has anyone tried installing this app yet?

Product description: BlueCast streams your podcasts, music, voice notes, game sounds, and more, to Bluetooth headsets that support the hands-free Bluetooth profile.
    link: http://www.simplesmartphone.com/BlueCast/

I've installed the program and have since uninstalled because I couldn't get it to work. I got the program to recognize the bluetooth headset (the headset beeps), but I couldn't hear any audio that wasn't phone related.

I am trying to listen to podcasts on my bluetooth headset, so stereo quality isn't an issue. Does anyone know of an alternative solution to listen to audio from WMP over bluetooth?
    With any luck, we'll see the Windows Mobile 5 AKU 2.0 update for the 700w very soon. It is said to include the A2DP bluetooth profile which should allow for exactly what you're trying to do natively in WM5. I think you will need a headset that supports the Bluetooth 1.2 standard including A2DP in order to take advantage of it when the update is available.

Hope this helps.

Jeff
    I've read that they are leaving the A2DP out of the WM5 AKU 2.0 update. Too many compatibility issues. It may just be for my phone (Cingular 8125) but I don't know for sure. I really hope the A2DP will be available soon - it would be a nice feature to have!
    Quote Originally Posted by phattysalz
    I've read that they are leaving the A2DP out of the WM5 AKU 2.0 update. Too many compatibility issues. It may just be for my phone (Cingular 8125) but I don't know for sure. I really hope the A2DP will be available soon - it would be a nice feature to have!
    Here's an article from msmobiles.com yesterday in regards to that very subject:

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/5042.html

The article suggests that the lack of A2DP in the update may be an issue specific to HTC hardware. I hope this is the case and won't be an issue with the 700w.

Jeff
    I see - that's a shame I won't see A2DP for a while (if ever). So I take it the BlueCast streams in mono even if you have a BT stereo headset? Anyone know of a compact stereo BT solution?