1.    #1  
    so ive dled the newest phonealarm and now its taking over my ringers and notifications....everything is on vibrate when it isnt set to vibrate.....then i go into my settings on PA and the volume bars are all the way down on each one(system volume,phone volume and call volume)...when i raise them they go right bakc down to 0......how do i fix this problem
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I had PhoneAlarm on my Samsung i730 and used it with zero problems. I tried using it on my 700w when I first got it, but it had to many bugs and issues I couldn't work out. In the end I just removed it and learned to use the Mute toggle switch for most things.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  3.    #3  
    my only reason using it was so if i missed a call or text it would set another audio reminder every 2 minutes till i checked it.....i NEED those reminders....is there another program that works for JUST reminders or close to it?
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36
    I had PhoneAlarm on my Samsung i730 and used it with zero problems. I tried using it on my 700w when I first got it, but it had to many bugs and issues I couldn't work out. In the end I just removed it and learned to use the Mute toggle switch for most things.
    what specific kind of probs did you experience with Phone Alarm and your 700w?
    Looks like there have been recent updates, which may have fixed your probs-
    I am thinking about trying it out...
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Alarms were sounding when I had it set to silent, they weren't sounding sometimes when I had it set to sound, just random problems like that. I also didn't like the memory it was using, so I learned to do everything it did (to a certan extent) without it. I haven't checked out any of the newer betas though, I think the last I tried was 1.30.02.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    I tried it out for about 30 min. and then uninstalled it. It used too much memory!
    can live without it....
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Okay, well phonealarm can be finicky, you must really go through all the options and make sure everything is set.

A couple of comments on your post though...

so ive dled the newest phonealarm and now its taking over my ringers and notifications....
    *Yes, that's correct, as it's supposed to.

everything is on vibrate when it isnt set to vibrate.....
    *Well that doesn't make sense. How can everything be on vibrate if it isn't on vibrate? That's like saying it wouldn't be dark in here if it wasn't dark out.

then i go into my settings on PA and the volume bars are all the way down on each one(system volume,phone volume and call volume)...
    *What do you mean you "go into" the settings? You should already be there since you just were referring to the vibrate settings?

when i raise them they go right bakc down to 0......how do i fix this problem

*More info or clarification would allow us to help you more. There is also a phoneAlarm forum on the website of the developer where you would get better support.

If the reminders are critical for you then this is definitely the app you need. I would recommend sticking with it until you figure it out.
    maybe try changing the settings under sounds and notifications too. start-settings-sounds and notifications(at the "personal" tab)-click on the "notifications" tab at the bottom-click on the drop down menu for "event." then pick each event you want, and set play sound, vibrate on or off, etc.
    I am running PA on my treo with zero problems. Also, I don't think it is the memory hog it was since he has added a setting to optimize it for WM5.
    Quote Originally Posted by protonpump
    maybe try changing the settings under sounds and notifications too. start-settings-sounds and notifications(at the "personal" tab)-click on the "notifications" tab at the bottom-click on the drop down menu for "event." then pick each event you want, and set play sound, vibrate on or off, etc.
    This is great BUT is there a way to set the "repeat" function on the SMS notification? The option is there, but it only allows you to change it on certain options, not this option. Is there a registery hack? Just trying not to have to rely on Phone Alarm for this.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevroc
    Okay, well phonealarm can be finicky, you must really go through all the options and make sure everything is set.

A couple of comments on your post though...

so ive dled the newest phonealarm and now its taking over my ringers and notifications....
    *Yes, that's correct, as it's supposed to.

everything is on vibrate when it isnt set to vibrate.....
    *Well that doesn't make sense. How can everything be on vibrate if it isn't on vibrate? That's like saying it wouldn't be dark in here if it wasn't dark out.

then i go into my settings on PA and the volume bars are all the way down on each one(system volume,phone volume and call volume)...
    *What do you mean you "go into" the settings? You should already be there since you just were referring to the vibrate settings?

when i raise them they go right bakc down to 0......how do i fix this problem

*More info or clarification would allow us to help you more. There is also a phoneAlarm forum on the website of the developer where you would get better support.

If the reminders are critical for you then this is definitely the app you need. I would recommend sticking with it until you figure it out.
    I have re-installed and still having the problem with the sound working for texts......it will vibrate even with vibrate uncecked and sound fixed to waterfall......wether i have it set to vibrate WITH ringer or not also.....when a text comes through it vibrates then opens the sounds and notifications settings window and the alert sound i picked for it to play is highlighted....thats it every time
    Quote Originally Posted by DataByte
    This is great BUT is there a way to set the "repeat" function on the SMS notification? The option is there, but it only allows you to change it on certain options, not this option. Is there a registery hack? Just trying not to have to rely on Phone Alarm for this.

yeah. your right. i wonder why they did that. somebody in the genius department must have decided the consumer didnt want that feature.
    I haven't tested these yet, but they might be a workaround to using PhoneAlarm. From the posting http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=108483

There are a bunch more, but these seemed like they could be relevant:

Make reminders show only once (or for however long you want)

By default, reminders will keep bugging you for 2 minutes. You can change this to zero minutes by adjusting this value:
    HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\Reminders\AutoSnooze\AutoSnoozeMins = 0 (DWORD decimanl)

Note that you can set this to any value you like. Alternative to setting this value to zero is to delete the '?AutoSnooze' key altogether
    Change ringtone/vibrate/LED flash characteristics

If you would like more control over how your device rings/vibrates/flashes its LEDs on events, you can can change the Script values of these events. For example, for an incoming call performing 'activate device, play ringtone, wait 3 seconds, repeat':

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\Script = "apw3r" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

For performing 'active device, set volume to 33%, play ringtone, set volume to 67%, play ringtone, set volume to 100%, play ringtone (no repeat)':

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\Script = "ac33pc67pc100p" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

The following are the full codes available to you. Please note that all the codes are executed simultaneously except after a ringtone play / wait code. E.g. 'v1p' will vibrate and play at the same time, while vibrating for 1 second. But 'pv1' will play the ringtone through all the way first, then start vibrating for 1 second.

a = activate device
    cN = set volume to N in percentage max volume
    fN = flash notification LED for N seconds
    p = play ringtone. Note that this will play the ringtone all the way through before continuing with the next code.
    r = repeat. Note that this should be the last code in your Script string, if used at all.
    vN = vibrate for N seconds
    wN = wait for N seconds. Note that the device will wait this long before continuing with the next code.

Change the keyboard backlight duration

To change the duration of the keyboard backlight, you can set (example is 30 seconds):
    HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight\QKeyLedTimeout = 30 (DWORD decimal)

Please note that this may not work on some devices. One such notable exception is the HTC Wizard.
    i'm using PA on my 700w and what I've found is you have to set the ringers to 'system' in the PA setup for each profile. This will use WM5's ringers instead of PA's. Also, each profile has its own volume setting. You can set this to 'system' also.