Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I bought the Treo 700w, now what?

Are there accessories I absolutely need???
    Must have programs???

I absolutely need an AIM program, suggestions?

last thing for now, how do I get Gmail to work with Outlook?
    probably good to get a case or at the minimum screen protectors
    Get Agile Messenger, it's free. Check the compatible software list that's stickied to the top of this forum. I have GMail working via POP3, search this forum for "gmail pop" and you'll find it.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=103930

Excellent thread to check for new apps.

D
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Where can I find the Agile Messenger for WM5?

Is there an essential set of software that I should get: task manager, back up, registry editor, etc?
    Sprite Backup works perfectly. And I like Resco Explorer for a file explorer and registry editor.

My other favs.
    Ewallet: password/pin protectore

Newsbreak; news reader, rss.

Resco Photo viewer.

Pocket Informant; PIM replacement

Pocket Breeze; today pluggin for PIM data.
    For AIM....I was able to download 2.0 for free on their website and it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by meridianholmes
    For AIM....I was able to download 2.0 for free on their website and it works.
    I don't see 2.0. Link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    I don't see 2.0. Link?
    Had to download from the UK site. Eventhough it says for Windows CE....it still worked on my 700W.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahmeanz
    Where can I find the Agile Messenger for WM5?
    I put "Agile Messenger for WM5" in yahoo and came up with this.

http://www.wm5fixsite.com/index.php?...=108&Itemid=27
    Check out the FAQ sticky, it will probably help answer a lot of your questions and answer questions you didn't even know you had.
    Thanks Meridian. It does work. The last free UK version I had didn't. I think it was 1.2 or some such oldie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    Thanks Meridian. It does work. The last free UK version I had didn't. I think it was 1.2 or some such oldie.
    NP!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I tried both AIM for the UK site and Agile.

AIM is horrible. It took me forever to figure out how to sign on. There's no way to close conversations? There's no Today screen notification. They need to rewrite it for WM5.

Agile looks good but when it signs on it doesn't display my whole buddy list. There's also some buddy icons with no names attached to it. Is that a known problem?

I'm using IM+ for now but has anyone experienced it disconnecting a lot and there's no way of telling? I IM myself every so often to check if I'm still signed on.
    AIM 2.0 is alittle quirky. It only took me 30 sec to figure out how to sign on with AIM. I don't believe you should have to pay for AIM when it's should be free.

You can also check "Keep Connection Alive" with AIM 2.0 so it doesn't log off.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meridianholmes
    AIM 2.0 is alittle quirky. It only took me 30 sec to figure out how to sign on with AIM. I don't believe you should have to pay for AIM when it's should be free.

You can also check "Keep Connection Alive" with AIM 2.0 so it doesn't log off.
    Meridian, how do you close a conversation?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    i downloaded the aim2.0 and it isnt bad except i cant figure out how to close a convo and also how to freaking log off lol.
    but it is free!
    AKay
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    AIM isn't bad I have tried Agile and Verichat. The only things I installed on my WM devices when I used them was Microsoft reader as well as ebook Reader , both to read books, Warefare Inc cause this is a great time killer. I am listing apps I used when I had the 6515 for Cingular, it also has the square screen and the apps I list work. A buddy of mine uses Agile and IM Forwarding through AOL and he seems pretty happy, the forward works for him cause it looks as if he is always signed on and when people sends messages it goes right to his phone and he can reply, if he wants to know who is on he logs on with Agile. I am a Verichat fan, but I also am using a 650, its worth trying a demo though.

I think something that was almost a must have for me was Resco Explorer, it basically gives you a real Windows Explorer like app for WM. It is great! thats all I can say Great!! I use it on my 650 and love it!!

Oh yea, almost forgot, there is an app called GSPlayer, it plays free shoutcast streams, works beautifly!

Enjoy that 700w and welcome to the league of Treo-Addicts, I couldn't live without mine, its almost like my leg,
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    agile has an Alpha version of their messenger program...not bad...there's some quarks but it's an Alpha and it's free.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?p=248019
    i tried installing but it just says installation unsuccessful
    any help please?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast