Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    On your treo when using activesync over bluetooth, did you set the outgoing or incoming comport to anything? Thanks
    I think mine is Com7 ...
    Quote Originally Posted by StillCrazy
    I think mine is Com7 ...
    Is that Com7 for the incoming or the outgoing? And is it set on the treo or on your computer or both? I am also having trouble getting bluetooth activesync to work. Thanks!
    -Dan
    Bluetooth settings on the Treo Com ports Tab
    Incoming Port (com7)
    New Outgoing Port
    Devices Tab
    My bluetooth headset
    Office computer ( Tab the Office computer and get partnership settings Active Sync Checked)

On the computer Checked boxes for let other devices discover and look for other devices Local accessability has auto on PIM item transfer and file transfer Manual on most of the rest

That's about it I don't pretend to understand it but it works...
    I seem to be having a lot of trouble with bluetooth on my device. I cannot seem to pair with my headset (Jabra BT150) or my computer (IBM T42p Thinkpad). On my phone my COM Ports are set to Incoming COM7. I do not see any option to create a new outgoing port though. Does it just show up like New Incoming Port for everyone else? On my computer I can only set a generic Incoming Port (not actually specify a specific port) and if I try to specify an outgoing port and select the phone then it says my Treo has no ports running. I am getting really frusterated here now. I really cannot understand why I cannot pair with my headset (it doesn't find it) since it is so simply and there are no other setting on the jabra to mess anything up. Has anyone gotten it working with these?
    -Dan
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Synapse,

Do you have built in bluetooth or are you using a usb dongle. Also, are you using the software that came with your bluetooth or the bluetooth software that is preinstalled in XP sp2? Thanks
    ok, well I called Verizon Tech Support and while they didn't help me I was somehow able to figure it out while on the phone with them. The guy actually told me I would have to contact IBM directly but I didn't care at that point since it was working. Basically everything needed to be started from the Treo and not the other devices. For instance, going into activesync on the computer and looking for a device to connect to or even to start activesync that way wouldn't work but it did if I start from the Treo - and also COM7 as an incoming port on the Treo I think was key as well. Hopefully this will help someone and I'll keep my fingers crossed that this setup doesn't break on me in the near future. Thanks,
    -Dan
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Dan not sure if you saw my previous question

Do you have built in bluetooth or are you using a usb dongle. Also, are you using the software that came with your bluetooth or the bluetooth software that is preinstalled in XP sp2? Thanks
    Sorry about that - my computer has bluetooth built in and I am using the software that came with my IBM thinkpad. I actually think something is very wrong with my bluetooth as I cannot get the My Bluetooth Places to ever come up but since everything seems to be working so far up until this point I am not messing with it. In terms of hardware I have a Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator and an IBM Integrated Bluetooth III though I think one of them is off, I just cannot figure out which one.
    Does this help at all?
    Dan,

I've just been through all this with the IBM. I think you may have the same problem I had. I have a T41 and added the bluetooth card myself. All was fine until I powered down. Windows, in its infinite wisdom, somehow updates the Widcomm BT driver with the XP BT driver for the BT card. When that happens, it works really strange and only one device will function at a time and I also can't bring up the My Bluetooth Places explorer.

Each time this happens, I have to manually re-install the Widcomm driver. I read that disabling automatic updates solves this but I cannot confirm that. To verify this on your T42p, check the driver for your BT card under Control Panel/System/Harware/Device Manager and see if it is a Microsoft or Widcomm driver on the Properties for the BT card. With the correct Widcomm driver, the Bluetooth Enumerator goes away and My Bluetooth Places works just fine.
    reverged,
    I think you are right! That sounds exactly what happened/is happening to me. I currently have Microsoft drivers there. I will have to experiment with reinstalling the Widcomm drivers if I can find a link somewhere to them and then just hiding that automatic update. Thanks for the tip!
    -Dan
    I downloaded the drivers from the IBM/Lenovo site (easy to find by searching) and it put them in C:\DRIVERS\WIN\BDCACT

Yours may already be there. You may want to download them anyway as they were updated in 2004. I have version 1.4.3.4.

Good luck! It works great with the right drivers!
    I just got the updated drivers (same 1.4.3.4 version and 2004 date) and they work perfect now. It messed up activesync but I am sure I can get that working again once I get home and have the cradle to reset the correct COM port.
    Thanks for the tip!
    -Dan
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    After i install my bluetooth software should I uninstall the microsoft bluetooth drivers
    I did NOT reinstall them and I am actually going to try to stay away from them for as long as I can until MS tries to install it for me. I ran windows update afterwards to see what it would try and do and it seemed fine about my new drivers so that is working at least for now.
    -Dan
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I'm trying to figure out where I'm going wrong. In my device manager under bluetooth devices, I have the following

Bluetooth bus enumerator
    Broadcom 2045 bluetooth 2.0 usb device.

Should I be showing the bluetooth bus enumerator ?
    What kinda of computer do you have, it is not an IBM is it? I am not really sure about other manufacturers and if they have any specific oddities...
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I've got a toshiba lifebook. First I tried using the micsoft bluetooth stack and I was able to get activesync on my services on my treo, but no luck syncing. Now I'm trying the software that came with my usb dongle. This is starting to **** me off.
    heckj,

I suggest using the software that came with the dongle. In my case (and synapse) we have an internal IBM card that needs the IBM software. Your dongle likely needs the SW that came on the disk. Is it a Kensington by any chance? I had one before I got the internal card and it worked fine. (Guess not, I just reread your post above)

Speaking of pissing me off, my Treo lost its Bluetooth settings out of the 'blue' (pun intended) today. I had to do this all over again.
    Well Like someone else said for some crazy reason My treo bluetooth stopped responding today. After a little fiddling here was the simple solution on Activesync on the desktop go to file connection setting ...allow connections to one of the following pick Com 7 the com port I'm generating on the Treo ... Hope this helps someone. Really didn't take long to find but I can' t say why it mysteriously turned itself off.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast