Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I keep getting the following when tyring to sync via bluetooth.

cannot find existing bluetooth partnership with a pc that supports active sync. Would you like to set up a new partnership.

On the bluetooth settings I can see my computer which is a fujitsu lifebook. What should I see under com ports. Do I need to change any of the setting for outgoing port or incoming port on the treo.

On my computer in my bluetooth settings I see activesync as com7.

The services I see from the lifebook on my treo are dialup networking, serial port and handsfree. Is this correct or should the serial port be active sync instead.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by heckj
    I keep getting the following when tyring to sync via bluetooth.

cannot find existing bluetooth partnership with a pc that supports active sync. Would you like to set up a new partnership.

On the bluetooth settings I can see my computer which is a fujitsu lifebook. What should I see under com ports. Do I need to change any of the setting for outgoing port or incoming port on the treo.

On my computer in my bluetooth settings I see activesync as com7.

The services I see from the lifebook on my treo are dialup networking, serial port and handsfree. Is this correct or should the serial port be active sync instead.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Man I hope someone answers this. I have attempted every single possible combination of com port adjustments, hard resets, reboots, etc. My 700 will not find 'activesync' as one of the services on my laptop.
    I have a Toshiba Portege laptop with Bluetooth. I tried and tried to sync via Bluetooth, and no success. I was on the phone w/ Palm, and with Toshiba, and neither of them could get this to work.

According to Palm, they say that only TWO different Bluetooth computers are able to sync with the phone. They say that when you go into your Bluetooth connections on the phone, if you do not see "Active Sync" as a profile, you are unable to utilize the Bluetooth Sync. They say that the only way to do it, is to purchase one of two differnt Bluetooth Dongles that are compatible. These are all listed on the Palm website.

So, yet, another useless, unuseable feature of this very advanced phone that nobody can use...
    I have not tried to pair using a BT computer, but there is an option under Activesync to "Connect via BT". I did this yesterday for IR and it worked.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I was having this problem with my home PC yesterday, which had been syncing fine over BT up to this point. In theend I did a hard reset and reinstall. The serial port option was there when it wasn't working, and it became Activesync instead after the hard reset.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Have you tried installing the Palm BT from the install CD
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I finally got active sync to appear in my services on my phone, but when I try sync via bluetooth, I still get the same error that I spoke of earlier about not have a device that supports active sync partnership. I was able to get active sync to appear by getting rid of all the software and drivers that came with my dongle and followed these directions. I guess I'm one step closer to solving this.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3163

Lets see if we can eventually figure this out. Keep the suggestions coming. Thanks
    I'm having the same problem too. I can connect from my computer to my phone and see it active bluetooth connection on my phone. But everytime I try to sync via bluetooth from the phone I get the same error:

Please can anyone help? I can't get usb sync to work either.
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    I also was having issues with the ActiveSync profile not being listed. After spending a few hours trying to get it to work the end result was a hard reset. I did some google research and see others that had to do the same thing and it wasn't just a problem with the 700. Is WM5 really this unstable?

At any rate I finally have ActiveSync working over BT for both my laptop and desktop (excluding notes and favorites). Time for a backup!
    Well I had it working yesterday but when I woke up this morning and tried it wasn't working again. Right now I've got Wireless Sync working the way I want it to but now my computer can't connect to the treo so I can't tranfer my music or install programs.
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.