1.    #1  
    First off.......is there a gps icon in settings or programs out of the box?....or am i just thinking of my ipaq........second what is the best gps system you have working on your phone?......i have microsoft streets which worked well with my ipaq.........third, can you use the phones built in antenna or do you need some sort of sd gps card?
    You need a Bluetooth GPS adapter http://www.semsons.com/bluetgpsrec.html I got the i Trek and it works great with the Treo 700. I also ordered CoPilot Live for Treo700. http://www.alk.com/store/treo700.asp It is $200 just for the software but it's the only program I could find that currently officially supports 240X240 resolution and the Treo 700W. It works really well with the bluetooth adatper I have which can fit in your pocket easily if need be. It also comes with a free vent mount for your Treo that works okay.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Yes there is a GPS setting. You could get a BT GPS receiver, a SD GPS receiver (I wouldn't recommend cause you wouldn't have anywhere to put the maps), or a GPS cradle/mouse type that plugs into the bottom. I personally prefer the BT receiver. I use Mapopolis,which works find on the 240x240 screen, only costs $99 for the whole US, and you can try it before purchasing.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Seidio has this to offer ATM.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=253

Personally I prefer a wired solution where the GPS reciver is built into the charging crdale so I have 1 less thing to haul around....also Treo and GPS are the always fully charged.

Garmin has a unit coming out in early summer that may be worth waiting for.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    The only reason I don't do it that way is because the longest I've kept a single device for the past 2-3 years is 6 months. It just makes sense to have it BT so I can keep using it with whatever device I get.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    i got the iblue and tomtom package from www.buygpsnow.com
    very happy with it so far.
    I have the iTrek M3 and TomTom on a 700w. It works great. Contrary to previous poster's comments, TomTom is compatible with 240x240, you have to get the patch from TomTom's site, copy your install disc to your hard drive, replace the setup.exe in that directory with the one from the updated patch to install. Also, I installed the maps directly to a 1GB SD card.

I was surprised to see the previous poster with an iBlue working with a 700w. I tried 2 different iBlue devices and could not get it to work on the 700w with TomTom. Actually, the iBlue would not work with anything on the 700w so I replaced it with the iTrek M3.
    Quote Originally Posted by allenling
    i got the iblue and tomtom package from www.buygpsnow.com
    very happy with it so far.

I went to that link and in the drop down for compatability it says it is "not compatable do not order". Am I looking at the wrong product?

http://www.buygpsnow.com/tomtom-navi...mount-513.html
    Quote Originally Posted by cognetic
    I have the iTrek M3 and TomTom on a 700w. It works great. Contrary to previous poster's comments, TomTom is compatible with 240x240, you have to get the patch from TomTom's site, copy your install disc to your hard drive, replace the setup.exe in that directory with the one from the updated patch to install. Also, I installed the maps directly to a 1GB SD card.

I was surprised to see the previous poster with an iBlue working with a 700w. I tried 2 different iBlue devices and could not get it to work on the 700w with TomTom. Actually, the iBlue would not work with anything on the 700w so I replaced it with the iTrek M3.
    Two questions:

Which of the Tom Tom Products do you have?
    What happens when a call comes in during navigation?
    I have the Pharos IGPS-360 BT version with the Pharos Ostia SW, shich works fine. No issues with my BT headset.
    There is a good GPS thread in the WM Apps Forum here at TC with several users sharing their challenges and successes with various GPS programs on the 700w. It should help you quite a bit.