1.    #1  
    Okay, I hear so many of you with good experiences with this phone...yes for me it is only a phone, I can't get it to do anything else.

I was first in line at my Verizon store on the day it came out, got it....and it was traded out this week. I thought the activsync curse finally hit me and in a way it did, the old hardware just stopped syncing out of no where, verizon didn't even bother to trouble shoot it, they just sent a new one.

So here is my issue... unless it came on the CD it doesn't work on my phone...that's right after hundreds of bucks for software, I have a glorified testicular cancer causing device I wear on my hip (hey down there, you weren't planning on having kids so it's okay anyway....)...

I have put on the tweaks thing to customize the phone...stops syncing, tweaks tells me it's the phone that his software works and yadda, yadda (dude, I paid for your software how about 10 minutes of your time time help a brother out....). I paid for SPB Finance, since Mr. Gates in all of his intelligence didn't make money compatible....guess what, stops syncing. Downloaded Mozilla Mini, the b*tch won't even start up, kills the phone dead in its electronic tracks.

That being said, I have tried everything, I reset after I install, I pray to the gods when I install stuff...but nothing, and this is device number two. I'm a smart guy, I really am, and I have grown up with technology (hell the dog even has a chip in him - he probably has better software than my treo...). I never had any problems like this when I was using just a good old pocket pc. Any suggestions? Is there a secret that I am missing on how to install software?
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    You are better off searching these forums for the issues you are having. From my experience, the techs over the phone don't know what they're talking about most of the time.
    I haven't tried SPB Finance or Tweaks2k, but I haven't needed Tweaks2k or any of its features either. Mozilla Mini is relatively new, and they probably haven't got all the bugs out.

The 700w is by no means a super powerfull Pocket PC. You can't run all the supped up apps that you may have run on your Axim or old iPaq.
    The 650 had the advantage of the 600 before it so all the developers had plenty of time to get their stuff ready for the 650. If you want to add a lot of apps, at this point in time, the 650 might have been a better choice. Treo software developers are new to this WM world and the Treo with its 5 way is a new thing to the windows world.
  5.    #5  
    it's not even adding new apps, it's just adding apps period. I add one thing and it just craps out on me. and I have been searching this since the first day I got it....
    Quote Originally Posted by samaritas
    So here is my issue... unless it came on the CD it doesn't work on my phone...that's right after hundreds of bucks for software, I have a glorified testicular cancer causing device I wear on my hip (hey down there, you weren't planning on having kids so it's okay anyway....)...
    Im already done with my two anyway so Im good.

Quote Originally Posted by samaritas
    I have put on the tweaks thing to customize the phone...stops syncing, tweaks tells me it's the phone that his software works and yadda, yadda (dude, I paid for your software how about 10 minutes of your time time help a brother out....). I paid for SPB Finance, since Mr. Gates in all of his intelligence didn't make money compatible....guess what, stops syncing. Downloaded Mozilla Mini, the b*tch won't even start up, kills the phone dead in its electronic tracks.
    Take off all the other software and run it clean for a while just to make sure its not just the phone itself.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

As a constructive comment, if you want others to contribute with solutions you need to be more specific on what you did and what happened. Saying you added some software and then it "craps out" isn't going to get you useful suggestions no matter how much someone wants to help you.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Hi,

Actually MS Money *IS* available for the T700.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Be smart, hard reset the thing, if you're still working with the first one you got, return it and ask for a new replacement one. Tell them it's hard resetting on you.

My first treo700w was awful. THere was something wrong with it. I traded it in for a replacement and it's fine now.

Back up to SD card first though.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Me 2 @ sanjsrik

I was fed up with this phone and it disconnecting the internet connection and not synching properly, etc etc finally i called data support and after 1 hr of troubleshooting deemed it was a defective phone.
    I got a new one and no problems since then.
    AKay
  11.    #11  
    When I mean craps out, it just stops working at all...locks up, won't respond, nothing. just sits there.

and the money that someone posted won't sync through activesync 4.x

It is just very frustrating that this phone has to be so bad, considering the reputation that Treo has had.

If I put anything on, the phone simply won't sync anymore to the computer or wake up or anything. I mean am I installing programs incorrectly?
    If I put anything on, the phone simply won't sync anymore to the computer or wake up or anything. I mean am I installing programs incorrectly?
    What version is that "Anything" program ? Who wrote "Anything ? Not to be sarcastic but it is NOT the number of programs you add but what programs you add. All we know is that you have SB Finance and Mini Mo. Since the latter is free, where'd that 100's of dollars go ?

Now if it was a 650 and you said you had say RingoPro, you'd have 35 answers by now.

Note also if you tried to install something1 through something 17 and it didn't work, you have loads of crap on your device taking up space and making your registry funky.

I'd suggest you start from scratch with no programs....sync 10-20-30 times nd see if its working. Add a small piece of freeware...go ok ?...then move up to soemthing bigger.
  13.    #13  
    Okay...

Spb Finance: Install it, and nothing else except what is on the phone, and nothing. The phone stops syncing completely. I have asked them about it, they are refunding the money.

MiniMo: Nothing, it won't even launch. I get a frozen Treo, with a screen of MiniMo on it, and it won't do anything else. The phone just becomes non-responsive. I have to reset it.

It is the same no matter what I am putting on my Treo. I am downloading the current version or the version that is designed for the 700 or the version that I see listed on here, and get the same symptoms I am getting with the other packages. So far the only things I have on the phone are the things that it came with because it won't work anymore, either it turns into a sync issue or the phone just dies.

This is the second treo, and it is no better. Is there a protocol for putting on programs that I am missing and don't know about? I'm not stupid. Do I need to install it, and then reset the device and re-sync or what?

How are all of you putting all of these things on these devices and not encountering the same issues?
    all my problems w/ synching were resolved after doing a hard reset.
    OK, so you have a secoind ohone....did you read the manual yet ? I don't have a verizon phone but I am pretty sure the manual is divided into sections like 1st day, 1st week, 1st 2 weeks etc......and I'll bet it doesn't have you adding applications to it. Do a hard reset so you have NOTHING on the phone. Hotsync it 20-30 times and see if it works for a week or two. ONLY after you treo has passed it's first few days / weeks troublefree move onto the next step.

And that step is adding ONE program. Try picking a progam that you hadn't tried before...soemthing small and simple. Now if it is still working, do a sync and add one of ya suspect programs. If it THEN gets funky blame the program, yank the program and start again....this time around you know not to try that program until there is a fix.