Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I get the headset to pair with my 700 easy, but whenever I receive a call, I hear the intial beep, followed soon by the actual ring, upon which I press the button and nothing happens.

I've tested it myself as well by dialing voicemail and have been unable to hear a thing.

Tell me what I am doing wrong, Treocentral!
    When I first got my JX10, I had the same problem. I was ready to pack it up and return it. My husband however refused to admit defeat and he kept pairing and unpairing the headset from two different phones and suddenly it started to work - and it has worked fine ever since. I wish I could tell you what he did but the pairing and unpairing ( deleting the device from the phone and creating a new partnership) seemed to work after two or three times.

If that does not work, I would return it as a defective phone.
    Katie
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I don't really know what to tell you other than I got my JX10 yesterday and it has solved all my problems. I charged it up fully, turned it on, then put it into pairing mode and paired it with my 700w. It has worked great ever since, and has solved all my headset/GPS receiver problems. Maybe one thing to try other than just unpairing and repairing it would be to tap and hold on the JX10 in the Devices tab and tap on Set as Hands-Free.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I'm gonna try a retry repair-thanks guys and gals.

Btw, did any of you freak out when you first charge it and no light comes on?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    YES!!! I was wondering if that was just my headset of all of them. I was freekin out. One thing I've read that some people had to do with the 650 is make sure you turn it on before you put it in pairing mode. Don't know what difference that would make, but I did it that way and it's worked fine. Any idea why the light doesn't come on right away on the first charge BTW?
    "Any idea why the light doesn't come on right away on the first charge BTW?

On the Jabra website - I noticed a warning about that - no reason given --just that it would take a bit befor the light came on. Since I had purchased mine on Ebay I was conviced that I had purchased a fake or lemon!. But now I love it!!!

Katie
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    LOL! I got my speakers and the headset delivered on the same day-I met the mailman with the jabra package as I was leaving for work. I figured it would be easy to get started so I'd just pair everything while on the job.

When I stuck the headset on the charger and nothing happened, my heart sank My assist. manager was laughing at me, but it came on about 15 minutes later.

Later I read the book and it said the headset was completely discharged, so it has to charge for up to 10 minutes before any light comes on

You got me this time Jabra, you sillies....

BTW, repairing a few times definately did the trick-thanks u2.
    "BTW, repairing a few times definately did the trick"

They ought to add that bit of information to their manual along with the delay in getting the charging light! My headset was seconds away from getting sent back when my husband got it to work (I hate admitting that but he is an engineer after all!)
    Enjoy your headset!!!
    Katie
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Are you guys having some strange behavior with your JX10? When I turn it off and back on soon after I don't have any problems. If I turn if off and leave it off for a few hours the volume resets itself back down to the middle. Does this happen for you?
    Smeg36

Yes, I noticed that too.

It still doesn't change my mind on the headset though - my JX10 rocks. Possibly one of the best purchases I have made.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    As long as it isn't just mine I can live with it. Thanks.
    I really have not noticed anything like this. I turn it off at night and back on in the AM. I think I keep the volume at the middle level anyway. Loud is way too loud for me - it sounds distorted.
    hey guys!

Someone pointed this thread out to me, so any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED

I love my JX10, but its totally stopped working

there is a green light that is on constantly now --- I've tried repairing, but nothing seems to happen when I press the PAIRING button ---- the BLUE light comes on and remains, but my 650 cannot detect anything

in addition, the speaker doesn't seem to work, as when I press the phone button, I don't hear the 'ding' sound go off

I've tried turning it on and off, but the green light (or sometimes, blue light) remains constant, with no blinking on and off ------ any ideas?

any help is GREATLY appreciated

thank you all!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I had a JX10 briefly. I could get it to pair with my phone just fine. The problem I had was that I could hear the beep when it would connect or disconnect with the phone but no sound. I was very disappointed because I wanted it to work. I returned it to the vendor for a refund. I guess I will have to wait for the next best headset to come out.

Should have added that I couldn't get it to work with a Verizon Razr.
    Last edited by wbwjr; 03/12/2006 at 10:49 AM.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I can't speak for anyone else in the thread, but I've never used a 650, so I can't help much. I have read the JX10 has issues with the 650, so maybe that is what they're talking about. Some sites even say it won't work at all with the 650, probably so they won't have to deal with the issues.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    UGH!

I spoke too soon.

My JX10 was working perfectly for a couple months, and now doesn't work.
    Hope someone could help out.

My 700w recently got swapped, and the only thing I didn't check before shipping my old 700w back was my BT JX10....

Now when pairing (yes, I read the thread above), It pairs fine, but cannot hear any sound (other than the blips the JX10 makes). When making a call on the 700w, I hear the confimation blip on the JX10, but no sound goes through. When I hang up the connection using the red phone button, I hear the hang up blip also.

I notice that my BT icon turns white (with blue lettering) when my JX10 is "on", and the icon turns blue (with white lettering) when "off". When trying to make a call, the icon turns into a headset. I think this is correct, but someone let me know if this is not.

I have already paired, and re-paired the JX10 about 20 times, with the same results. I don't think it is the JX10 that is broken, since it was working fine before...but who knows.
    If anyone has any ideas, please chime in- thx

ADDENDUM-
    Wouldn't you know it, after the 21st pairing, it now works.
    Last edited by plasmo; 04/11/2006 at 09:48 PM.
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmo
    UGH!

I spoke too soon.

My JX10 was working perfectly for a couple months, and now doesn't work.
    Hope someone could help out.

My 700w recently got swapped, and the only thing I didn't check before shipping my old 700w back was my BT JX10....

Now when pairing (yes, I read the thread above), It pairs fine, but cannot hear any sound (other than the blips the JX10 makes). When making a call on the 700w, I hear the confimation blip on the JX10, but no sound goes through. When I hang up the connection using the red phone button, I hear the hang up blip also.

I notice that my BT icon turns white (with blue lettering) when my JX10 is "on", and the icon turns blue (with white lettering) when "off". When trying to make a call, the icon turns into a headset. I think this is correct, but someone let me know if this is not.

I have already paired, and re-paired the JX10 about 20 times, with the same results. I don't think it is the JX10 that is broken, since it was working fine before...but who knows.
    If anyone has any ideas, please chime in- thx

ADDENDUM-
    Wouldn't you know it, after the 21st pairing, it now works.
    I had this problem when I let my friend try it with her phone for a weekend. I even tried pairing and unpairing. So I tryed charging it and that did the trick. Now I haven't had any problems with it. Knock on wood. The only problem I am having is that people say that it sounds like I am in a large room and that they can't hear me so well.
    The only problem I have had with the JX10 is whoever I call would get an echo back of what they were saying. I found if I had the volume rather high the mic would pick it up. If I lower the volume the echo goes away. I also put a faom pad over earpiece, seemed to help.
  19. kac
    I recently bought one of these JX10's. I love the design and light weight. I've been using it with the Jabra eargels but that seems to start to hurt a bit after a while. I used the large eargel and it fits fine, the med is too loose. Maybe it's just the size of my ear...?

The only problem I'm having with it is that the people calling me say they can't hear me clearly. I hear them perfectly fine. In fact, it's crystal clear. They say I sound like I'm far away. Even when I'm in doors, it doesn't matter.

If I read correctly, I can't adjust the receiver volume, right? Is there a way to make it pick up my voice better or make my voice sound louder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl
    I get the headset to pair with my 700 easy, but whenever I receive a call, I hear the intial beep, followed soon by the actual ring, upon which I press the button and nothing happens.

I've tested it myself as well by dialing voicemail and have been unable to hear a thing.

Tell me what I am doing wrong, Treocentral!
    i bought a jx10 today, and had the same issue as you had. i seem to have resolved it though. i tried it on my gf's 700p and it worked fine, leading me to beleive that the issue was not the jx10 but the phone. so i proceeded to backed up my info onto an sd card via bkupbuddy, and did a hard reset. paired, and worked on the first time. i then restored most of everything except the bluettooth info.
    hope this helps.
    eric
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast