1.    #1  
    I'm trying to use my Treo to post photos and text to my blogg but I get all of this included in the message (here is the link so you can see what I mean http://jeremyshearouse.blogspot.com/

This message was sent using PIX-FLIX Messaging service from Verizon Wireless!
    To learn how you can snap pictures with your wireless phone visit
    www.verizonwireless.com/getitnow/getpix.

To learn how you can record videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/getitnow/getflix.

To play video messages sent to email, QuickTime 6.5 or higher is required. Visit www.apple.com/quicktime/download to download the free player or upgrade your existing QuickTime Player. Note: During the download
    process when asked to choose an installation type (Minimum, Recommended or Custom), select Minimum for faster download.

This is really annoying, especially to have such a blatent promotional tag at the end of messages I have to pay extra to send.

SMS messaging seems to be the only way to use this service. It will not accept posts from my POP3 account setup with Wireless sync. I guess the message has to come specifically from my phone. (......@vzmail.com) address. Does the treo have it's on email address?
    MMS only works mobile to mobile. You can use a pop mail account to send the pictures as an attachment.
  3.    #3  
    darn, I'm just confused. It appears that Blogger as well as webshots require that you send the message directly from the phone for it to post correctly. I have not been able to use my POP3 address. It ignores those messages basically.
  4.    #4  
    now I cannot even send messages via MMS. It worked yesterday but today they all fail to send.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    If I send a message through my Exchange sever to Blogger it doesn't go through. I have a separate POP3 account setup in Messaging (my Gmail account) specifically to send it directly from the device to Blogger. I'm not sure exactly why, but something about routing the email through a server, Exchange or Wireless Sync, doesn't work for Blogger mobile posting. So you can either setup the email address you are using with Wireless Sync separately in Messaging as well just to send messages, or get a different one to send with like a Gmail account.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    I can add a little help... put #end at the end, in your signature line and that will get rid of the tag lines Verizon puts on the MMS.

Let me know if you figure out a way post via email with pictures on blogger.

Thanks
    JohnJohn
    ----------------------
    PocketUp Editor

Now -> Blackberry 8700c - Treo 700w - HP hx4705 - Sony TR3A - HPdv1000(duo)
    Then -> Samsung-i730, PALM-Treo650, RIM7200, Seimens-sx66, RIM7230, HP4100-2200-1900-3900-3800, Toshiba-e750, HP3700-3400, Kyocrea-PALMphone, Sony-PEGUX50, Compaq-Aero, HP-680, Handspring-Prism w/OmniSky, PALMVx w/OmniSky-BETA, PalmV, PALMPilot
    I second smeg36. I use GMail via POP3 and e-mail posts to go@blogger.com. I do not use the e-mail address setting in Blogger settings, I set up a mobile blogging account and then paired it to my Blogspot account. See this link for more info:

http://www.blogger.com/mobile-start.g

Then create a contact and send both pictures and text to your Blogspot account. If you want to be nifty, you can set up an Audioblogger account too and add the number to your contact.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I'm doing it the same way at chewybrain. I sent an email from my POP3 Gmail account to go@blogger.com and it sent back a message with a claim ticket. I went to the Blogger site and entered the ticket, at which point it recognized that I already had a blog and gave me the option on merging the Gmail address with that blog. I did, and now I can send a message with a picture attachment to go@blogger.com and it is automatically posted on my blog, picture and all.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36
    I'm doing it the same way at chewybrain. I sent an email from my POP3 Gmail account to go@blogger.com and it sent back a message with a claim ticket. I went to the Blogger site and entered the ticket, at which point it recognized that I already had a blog and gave me the option on merging the Gmail address with that blog. I did, and now I can send a message with a picture attachment to go@blogger.com and it is automatically posted on my blog, picture and all.
    THANKS! That totally works! I was sending to go@blogger.com from my MMS Treo account. I deleted that mobile account from blogger and hooked it up through my Gmail on the Treo. It works just like your said...THANKS!
    JohnJohn
    ----------------------
    PocketUp Editor

Now -> Blackberry 8700c - Treo 700w - HP hx4705 - Sony TR3A - HPdv1000(duo)
    Then -> Samsung-i730, PALM-Treo650, RIM7200, Seimens-sx66, RIM7230, HP4100-2200-1900-3900-3800, Toshiba-e750, HP3700-3400, Kyocrea-PALMphone, Sony-PEGUX50, Compaq-Aero, HP-680, Handspring-Prism w/OmniSky, PALMVx w/OmniSky-BETA, PalmV, PALMPilot
    Here's how I post photos to blogger:
    Set up a flickr account.
    Link your blog to it.
    Send your photo via email to the flickr account.

Flickr will automatically post it on blogger (if you want).
    I have done the above to set up with go.blogger.com and when I enter my claim ticket number and the verification code and click "Continue", the unit beeps and goes nowhere- I can't get past the page to sign in. It also did this on the regular blogger page when I tried to sign in there. Anyone esle having the same problem or have any ideas why I can't click continue? Is there some setting I am missing?
    If by "unit" you mean your Treo, I would recommend doing the claim token dealy from your "big" computer, in case Blogger is trying to do something that Pocket IE can't support.
    I use Yahoo 360 to do my Blog postings from my Treo 700w. It has worked very well for me in the past. Just thought I would throw another option out there! After you send them a post using MMS they send you a SMS message to let you know it's been posted correctly (but you can turn this option off).
    I just realized that databyte's avatar is not a baby dinosaur but the lizard from FoxTrot. Der.
    chewybrain......yes, i meant this in reference to my 700....unless i am mistaken, do you not have to sign in from the Treo at www.blogger.com/mobile-start.g with the claim token and the verification code? I click "Continue" and nothing.

Would someone be so kind to go to that site and see if they could click the "Continue" button? I don't know if it's my phone or the web site, but there shouldn't be any issue, you'd think.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    You might be interested in trying out this blogging app: Mo:Blog

I liked it so much I ended up desinging the icons for the program!
    http://www.moblogworld.net/twiki/bin...Moblog/WebHome

There's also SplashBLOG which looks great, but I think you can only send images to their blog site, which is a shame.
    glennj: You have to send your original e-mail from your mobile device, but you have to complete the process from a desktop computer.

urban75: It looks like Mo:Blog is a PalmOS app, I didn't see a WM5 version. Thanks though.
    chewybrain.....thanks.....i plugged in the claim token via my desktop and can post through Yahoo mail......
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chewybrain
    glennj: You have to send your original e-mail from your mobile device, but you have to complete the process from a desktop computer.

urban75: It looks like Mo:Blog is a PalmOS app, I didn't see a WM5 version. Thanks though.
    Oops sorry! I forgot that there's a Windows Treo now!

Allow me to make up for my gaffe by suggesting Blogs In Hand, a FREE Windows Mobile blogging tool. I've used it on WM2003 and it's an excellent prog (although I'm not sure about WM2005 compatibility).

http://www.itweaks.com/staticpages/index.php/bihdoc