Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My treo will only sync emails that I have read, not new emails. It was working perfectly fine and all of a sudden, no new email. If I open OWA, there are 5 new emails. If I read the emails in owa, my treo will sync the ones that I have read. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    How are you sync'ing? BT, USB, OTA?
  3.    #3  
    Directly with Exchange over EVDO. Was working fine for weeks. Now, I only get email that I have read previously with Outlook or OWA.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Ouch. Not at all what I expected to hear. Ok, how about the "blunt force" approach. Have you tried a hard reset and tried to sync?
  5.    #5  
    Hard Reset. Still not synching. Had the Exchange admin recreate my mailbox, still not synching. Other people using the server are synching fine with their devices. It used to be fine, now its dead.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Just to be clear -not arguementative- you did a "hard reset" that wiped the phone clean and you had to re-enter all your data?

If so, my guess is that you have a bad phone. I have a client that has had to return 2 of them because they quit working completely. The easiest way to get this done is to get on with Verizon Technical Support (no matter how worthless they are) and go through the drill. When they give up, they will record everything on your account records and you can go into a store and do the swap.
  7.    #7  
    Yes, they were the "Hard Resets". Wiped it completely clean. I am calling Verizon now.
  8.    #8  
    Well.. VZW is sending out a new phone.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Good deal. Too bad that this phone is starting to have more issues beyond ActiveSync. Best of luck with the new one!
  10.    #10  
    It was not phone. There is something going on with Exchange. I had MS on the line for 6 hours on Friday. We are going to go at it again on Monday. They are completely baffled to say the least.

Sean
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Sean, Are the other users still sync'ing ok? And it is just you? Did you push your mailbox out to a PST, have IT delete the mailbox and then re-add you?
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    keep us updated.. have not heard of this one before.
  13.    #13  
    No one can sync. We have created brand new test users and mailboxes and still no luck. We have gone over all of the Exchange/IIS/OMA/OWA settings. MS is completely baffled. MS has an emulator that they use to simulate any device, so they are seeing the exact same thing as me. If a new email comes in it will not sync to the device. If you open up Outlook Web Access and read the email, then it will sync to the device.

Sean
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I am with GEX, keep us posted on this one.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    I would venture to say that the Exchange server is suspect not the devices as it seems to be an isolated case? Probably some odd config or something....may be hard to track down
  16.    #16  
    It was working great for the longest time. I will keep everyone updated.
  17.    #17  
    It seems that Symantec Mail Security for Exchange is the culprit. As soon as we stop Auto Protect, mail starts synching fine. Now I have to call Symantec to figure out how to fix it.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Stop scanning the databases!
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    figures it was a third party add-on. They seem to cause so many problems.

At work we use McAfee Groupshield and it has caused its share of problems for us in the past.

I knoe MS just bought a company (sy-something) that does virus protection on exchange and I was thinking of tryying them out.

HalM what has been your experience?

We also use a spam protection product that works very well..Cloudmark Server Edition. what I like about it is that it dosnt touch exchange directly..its just an exchange admin user and connect using MAPI (think it is mapi).

McAfee's SpamKiller killed our server
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    It is funny about MS buying Sybari. We have a close friend that works on the MS Exchange team, a top escalation engineer. All he did was grip about the way Sybari checked the stores. If I remember correctly, it installed its own API's and didn't use the ones MS provided. His team hated it!

Our order of preference is TrendMicro's ScanMail for Exchange and then if we have to use another product, we will use Symantec. Not familiar with Cloudmark. I'll check it out. Thanks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast