1.    #1  
    I have been having fun with the 700w and it's voice activated functions. Asking it to call a contact or dial a number is cool, especially when driving.
    Does anyone know if you can activate this voice fuction through a bluetooth headset? That would avoid having to get it out and hold it etc. while driving.

Thanks
    Last edited by Remark; 03/09/2006 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Change Title
    Nope, not until there is an update for the Treo (hopefully soon).

Neil
    Quote Originally Posted by Remark
    I have been having fun with the 700w and it's voice activated functions. Asking it to call a contact or dial a number is cool, especially when driving.
    Does anyone know if you can activate this voice fuction through a bluetooth headset? That would avoid having to get it out and hold it etc. while driving.

Thanks
    I felt the same way with my 650 and then it didn't matter. Once you get a car cradle.....accessing the device in the cradle is far easier than reaching up to ya head....plus it keeps the thing charged without those nasty car chargers and you can see who is calling before you answer.
    Hardware lmitation.
    Read other threads.
    Dialing from a BT headset will never work if this thing has an architecture similar to the T650.
    So pray that they made some changes in the hardware. Otherwise forget it.

tech
    Quote Originally Posted by Remark

Thanks
    It may be kinda cumbersome, but it works. I have my BTHS on, and then activate the voice dial...I talk to the phone, give the command to call whomever. It does, and it automatically goes to the BTHS. It works for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by q823
    It may be kinda cumbersome, but it works. I have my BTHS on, and then activate the voice dial...I talk to the phone, give the command to call whomever. It does, and it automatically goes to the BTHS. It works for me...
    I find it less cumbersome.....as indicated in message 3, hand to treo sidebutton is 2-3"....hand to head is 10 times as far and makes me take hand off wheel. Even hand to shirt pocket or dash is quicker.....wearing treo in belt holster inadvisable while sitting in car....form fitting seats will put strain on attatchment mechanism