1.    #1  
    Hi,

I live in a non Edvo area & work in an Edvo area. When I am at home playing around, does that stop incoming telephone calls? I have the same question for Evdo.

I think since most people try the always on hack, that it doesnt stop the phone, but i figured I would ask anyway.

Thanks,
    Rich
    Using the internet, never stops incoming calls.
    CDMA 1xRTT
    -If connected to data but NON-ACTIVE data, an incoming call will ring.
    -If connected to data and doing ACTIVE data, an incoming call will go to vmail.
    -You cannot browse the web or grab new email while a call is active.

CDMA EVDO
    -If connected to data but NON-ACTIVE data, an incoming call will ring.
    -If connected to data and doing ACTIVE data, the phone will ring, if you choose to answer, data will stop and resume when phone session ends.

GSM/EDGE
    -If connected to data bu NON-ACTIVE data, an incoming call will ring.
    -If connected to data and doing ACTIVE data, an incoming call will go to vmail. (At least on GSM Treo 650 that I've tested while streaming radio.)
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    GSM/EDGE
    -If connected to data bu NON-ACTIVE data, an incoming call will ring.
    -If connected to data and doing ACTIVE data, an incoming call will go to vmail. (At least on GSM Treo 650 that I've tested while streaming radio.)
    This doesnt sound right.

Surur
    the source of that post is here, and its not directly from Verizon or Palm

http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/ve...and-phone.html

I dont have a way to test it apart from driving until i run out of EDVO coverage.
    It didn't either, I actually quoted that from a resource elsewhere, I know the EVDO/CDMA parts are accurate. I tried to use the {Quote} tags but was told my post was not of sufficient length so I got lazy (instead of including my own blurb) and removed the tags.

I just queried a buddy on GSM Cingular, he says "Ring, 95% of the time at least unless I am on PDANet" so you're likely correct surur.
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    It didn't either, I actually quoted that from a resource elsewhere, I know the EVDO/CDMA parts are accurate. I tried to use the {Quote} tags but was told my post was not of sufficient length so I got lazy (instead of including my own blurb) and removed the tags.
    No problem, i didnt mean to complain about the post. Perhaps i am just hoping that it's in error. I would prefer a call to come through, and interrupt my surfing in cases where i am actively usinx 1x.
    I live in a 1X area and yes, if the data connection is active the call will go directly to voicemail.

You will get the missed call notification and voicemail notification while still connected to data.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    No problem, i didnt mean to complain about the post. Perhaps i am just hoping that it's in error. I would prefer a call to come through, and interrupt my surfing in cases where i am actively usinx 1x.
    Oh no problem, I'd prefer to be corrected than seed misinformation. Hey, at least it wasn't my content right?
    OK, I just tested it (using a music stream) and cesium1234 is right. On GSM GPRS, while a connection is active, the call goes to voice mail. I also tested it using a 3G GSM phone, and there, even during an active data connection, the phone rings, data is suspended, and streaming resumes when the call ends.

Surur
    Yes, Cesium is right. I started loading the full CNN page and then immediately called the 700w while still downloading and it did ring and allow me to answer it. A significant advantage for EVDO.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680