1.    #1  
    Hi,

I figured i would share my tweaks after performing a hard reset on my 700w.

1. Change sounds & notifications to stop new email / text from making noise / beeping.
    2. Menu / Pref's - hide lookup field (for contacts)
    2.A- Install Mortscript
    3. Make side button activate VC (using Mortscript & Multiswitch)
    4. Add Closeall to program files (copy shortcut for functionality) - Make it option + OK
    5. copy bluetoothpanel from /windows to program files, rename to bluetooth (activate BT via VC)
    6. Install Geovision (remote CCTV viewing app for work)
    7. install soft reset
    8. install Real media player
    9. Start menu icons - Today, Calendar, Calc, Camera, Geovision, IE, Messaging, soft reset (under menu)
    10. enable voice command
    11. Disable error reporting
    12. Change pictures & videos to use the storage card & default to the max res
    12. Install resco explorer
    13 galaga
    14. Setup BT with HS850
    15 install shortcuts (on SD card).
    16. Install Memmaid
    17. Install Slingbox
    18. Install TMCP & SiruisCE
    19 Install Favorites
    20. Brightness - 5 from right
    21. Phone Known Caller - Modern Lo
    22. Setup custom ringer for Jill 40fps
    23. Setup Bluetooth on the phone
    24. Install .net 2.0
    25. Install directory assistance
    26. Install weather
    27. Smaller Text size -1
    28. Add Clock to all windows
    29. Hide logo fix - http://ppcgeeks.com/remove-logo-released-t1066.html
    30. Add Windows Live - http://wls.live.com
    31. Classic Black background
    32. Add Date hack - http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=128594&page=3
    33. Memory Hack - 3Meg (from 5 meg) close app - Reg edit http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=124995
    34. Install Piscal PDF
    35. Install SBP Backup
    36. Install pTravelAlarm v2.7.1
    37. Install XCPUScalar
    38. Install Task Manager
    39. Install Magic Button
    40. Install Voiceminder using voicenotes@ad.com
    41. Install Opera with UPX'ed DLL

Reduce Hold Time for side button:
    \HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\KEYBD

Change the D word value PressAndHoldDelay to what ever you want, original is 1000

I changed mine to 300. Funny I was going to post this after I found the key in the registry while looking for something else but didnt see a spot for wx reg edits.

Make WM5 keep CAB files around after installing (1)

If you wish to keep the original .CAB file around after installing the application, set:
    HKLM\Software\apps\Microsoft Application Installer\nDynamicDelete = 0 (DWORD decimal)
    Or to restore to the default:
    HKLM\Software\apps\Microsoft Application Installer\nDynamicDelete = 2 (DWORD decimal)

IE Scrolling:
    -First, close out of Pocket IE if you already have it open
    -Then Using a wm5 registry editor (I used resco regedit): go to -
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\
    - Create a new key. Call it "KeyMaps" (without quotes)
    - Under the newly created "KeyMaps" create a DWORD Value. Name it "37" and give it a DWORD data value of "1" (without quotes)
    - Under the newly created "KeyMaps" create a DWORD Value. Name it "39" and give it a DWORD data value of "2" (without quotes)
    the final result should like like this:

y" 89 key for up and "h72" key for down

Thats all folks, then I am back up & running.

Install quick click side button

Treo Alert
    Stock Alert
    Google Maps
    Live Search
    DST Update
    Camera 1 click button

Any other thoughts to keep the 700w running smoothly?
    Last edited by RichTJ99; 03/11/2008 at 07:03 PM.
    How well to Real Player work? Are there lots of free channels? Their site says 240x320 screens only.
  3.    #3  
    Well, Clearvue PDF doesnt really work (I run into memory errors when using it).

Real Player works, but I have a specific voicemail audio file that is sent to me which I use, I have not tested the rest though.
  4.    #4  
    Galaga works too
    So Real Player fits on the screen?

Where did you get Galaga from?
  6.    #6  
    Realplayer fits mostly on the screen, if there is supposed to be a spot for fast forwarding that you can drag, then I cant seem to see that.

Galaga http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=18035
    Galaga only sort of works.
    The screen is still wrong.
    I have it but don't really like it on this device.
    Works much better on my 5455.

tech
    You enable VoiceCommand? This program is a RAM HOGGGGGGGGG to me, when I reset my device, immediately after, I only have 10 megs. VC uses 3-4 I find, 2 MEG's if I only enable a few categories....
  9.    #9  
    How do you shut down VC after using it? I dont see it in the running programs section?
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein
    Hi,

I figured i would share my tweaks after performing a hard reset on my 700w.
    8. install Real media player
    Rich,

Help me out here. I have tried repeatably to load RealPlayer "Mobile" into my Treo 700W and keep getting a mesage saying I need to load Active Sync 3.1 or higher. I have tried both version 1.0 and 1.1 with no success. How did you make it happen?

Thanks,
    Tom
  11.    #11  
    Ahh, ok, that makes sense, I am coming off a nextel / Axim / Sidekick 2 combo so I go lots of places for help.

Anyway, go here first:

http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=118180

There is a posting of the cab file, copy that cab file to your 700w (using your PC or I guess you could download it directly), then run the cab when you have it on your device.

Just a FYI before you install, I only see everything above the blue (nothing at all below) & there is no way to scroll down.

I use it to listen to RA files (my voicemails get emailed to my treo). So thats really all I use it for.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein
    How do you shut down VC after using it? I dont see it in the running programs section?
    Just go back into the Personal Control Panel Settings Page and select Voice and uncheck Enabled.
    Done
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...e+command+shut

stick this program in \windows\start menu\programs - when you're done with VC for a while, you can use VC and say "start voice command shutdown". This will kill voice command and reclaim the memory. When you're ready to use VC again, you can press the side button and wait for about 10 seconds. VC will load, and then you can use it by pressing and holding the side button a second time.
  14. pfr
    basic question -- how do you do a hard reset?

I think it's probably worth having to redo 3 weeks of customization to gain back that one line of Today-screen real estate now owned by that wireless sync logo.
    hello treo 700 users,

how i envy you....but take solice in the fact that i have AKU2 (PushMail)

on the today screen the application that runs where you can type in a users name and it searches for it.....anyone have the cab file for it?

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by pfr
    basic question -- how do you do a hard reset?

I think it's probably worth having to redo 3 weeks of customization to gain back that one line of Today-screen real estate now owned by that wireless sync logo.

Press and hold the Off/End button and then press the Soft reset button and hold until the screen says "Erase Data, Up for Yes, Down for No" and then press Up.

And Start all over.