1.    #1  
    Sorry, I haven't hung around this forum much since I got my 700w to replace my 600. But overall I'm pretty happy with it.

The problems I have noticed are
    -The recording is very choppy at full res, I have to lower it down to half res for it to be smooth. Is this normal?
    -I went to a time zone an hour ahead of me this past weekend. Here it is 3 days after I got back to my normal time zone and the time on the phone still hasn't gone 'back', plus ever since then the default time for any new calender item I create has become 7pm, PLUS when I tell the phone to remind me, it doesn't remind me at all - this has all occured since the time zone change
    -Locks up randomly, probably twice a week on average - I don't have any third party software installed, either. I have to take the back case off and reset it.
    -The built in IMAP service software (outlook I think) works for a while and then just quits checking my mail, period, until go in and do a manual send/receive, and then it starts automatically doing it again for at least a couple of days, then quits again.
    -It is VERY common for somebody to call me and my phone never rings at ALL, even when I have a perfect signal - then anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes later all of a sudden my phone decides to tell me I have a missed call AND a voice mail all at the same time, as though it all just happened at once. Again, this is with a perfect signal.

I figure I can't be the only one and if I'm not then they must be working for a fix for most of these issues; I don't really want to return my phone until they get a fix... otherwise it'll just be the same issues with a different phone.
    dude this phone is a piece of crap- its all style with no substance. It would be an awesome phone if it worked the way it was supposed to
    Quote Originally Posted by olympus1
    dude this phone is a piece of crap- its all style with no substance. It would be an awesome phone if it worked the way it was supposed to
    Awww, that's why i love this site. So many open minded, fair and balanced testimonials.
    Threxx - I have the same issue with Outlook and IMAP as well as the missed call / voicemail problem. You're not the only one. No fix thus far in sight either.
    I would expect a ROM update late summer to early fall. Its not like they push our ROM upgrades like DELL does as they try to play fix the last patch. Problems sure, I will give Palm a bit of slack as its their first WM OS device, but not much and not for long. If they opt to play games then it would be my last Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Threxx
    The problems I have noticed are
    -The recording is very choppy at full res, I have to lower it down to half res for it to be smooth. Is this normal?
    Have you viewed the movie on a PC, or tried a soft reset right before recording. I Would suspect memory depending on your apps, how long since reset before you were recording. I have noticed choppiness on mine, but a soft reset seemed to minimize it.

-I went to a time zone an hour ahead of me this past weekend. Here it is 3 days after I got back to my normal time zone and the time on the phone still hasn't gone 'back', plus ever since then the default time for any new calender item I create has become 7pm, PLUS when I tell the phone to remind me, it doesn't remind me at all - this has all occured since the time zone change
    -Locks up randomly, probably twice a week on average - I don't have any third party software installed, either. I have to take the back case off and reset it.
    I do not travel nearly as much as I used to, I have unchecked the use network time zone in my settings though as sometimes Central time zone shows up as Saskatchewan instead. Pretty sure this is a carrier issue complicated by Palm's implementation of the network time retrieval.

-The built in IMAP service software (outlook I think) works for a while and then just quits checking my mail, period, until go in and do a manual send/receive, and then it starts automatically doing it again for at least a couple of days, then quits again.
    Can't speak to the IMAP as I use 3rd party, although I believe I have read that documented here on the forum.

-It is VERY common for somebody to call me and my phone never rings at ALL, even when I have a perfect signal - then anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes later all of a sudden my phone decides to tell me I have a missed call AND a voice mail all at the same time, as though it all just happened at once. Again, this is with a perfect signal.
    Are you in a 1X or EVDO area? While you are receiving data on 1X, calls will be routed directly to voiceemail. I use a 3rd party push mail solution and when not on EVDO, my calls get missed a good bit.

I figure I can't be the only one and if I'm not then they must be working for a fix for most of these issues; I don't really want to return my phone until they get a fix... otherwise it'll just be the same issues with a different phone.
    There is a rom updare that includes MSFP / AKU2 that according to my contact at Verizon is about 30 days out now. (beginning April)
    Not sure how much stock I put in that estimate.