1.    #1  
    I've searched quite a bit and found nothing on this exact topic. I'm using a Treo 600 and I I.M. with Verichat daily and love it. I also send around 3000 text messages a month. I can have text conversations very quickly with the 600 as it groups texts into chat sessions. I've only tried the 700 a little but the ease of sending quick text seems sub par to the 600. I'm planning on getting the 700 next week and would like to know if anyone knows how they compare. Thanks
    I dont know how they compare, but i feel like the 700's text messagin capability is perfectly efficient. There is no chat, which would be a nice feature, but overall, sending single text messages is simple and quick.
    There is no threaded SMS on the 700. it uses the standard Pocket Outlook SMS piece, I like it fine, but I am a windows mobile veteran.

The threaded SMS deal sounds pretty bad *** personally.
    listen, this phone (the 700w) has unlimited broadband internet, so it has never made sense to me to pay for an sms or an sms package. frankly I have always been shocked that people are willing to pay for this. I use msn messenger on my treo for free, as well as yahoo
    With unlimited data and the PDA SMS 2000 allowance, you get the best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by VZWuser
    The threaded SMS deal sounds pretty bad *** personally.
    If you've never experienced it, it is hard to understand. It is the next best thing if you can't get the IM client you need. Also, when you get periodic updates from a single source on a topic, it is nice to have all of the info in one place so you can save or email it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    With unlimited data and the PDA SMS 2000 allowance, you get the best of both worlds.

If you've never experienced it, it is hard to understand. It is the next best thing if you can't get the IM client you need. Also, when you get periodic updates from a single source on a topic, it is nice to have all of the info in one place so you can save or email it.
    It apparently doesn't apply to the 700w. I was told it's only available for the 650 and 600, and the Audiovox 6600 and 6700.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo 700w
    It apparently doesn't apply to the 700w. I was told it's only available for the 650 and 600, and the Audiovox 6600 and 6700.
    I got it. Several others with 700w have as well. You just have to get the right rep and grease the wheels a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo 700w
    I was told it's only available for the 650 and 600, and the Audiovox 6600 and 6700.
    Too funny. When I tried to get it for my XV6600, they said it was only available for the i730.
    I was using the ppc web messenger at mm.yahoo.com before when I had my mpx220 smartphone, I actually had a cingular rep tell me I would have to pay PER MESSAGE!!!

of course shes wrong but where does this mentality come from? how and why are people willing to pay for this?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I must have hit the customer service lotto, as I requested the free PDA SMS 2000 Allowance, the CS rep knew exactly what I was talking about. Hooked me up immediately.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Same for me Rohn.
    He had to call a colleague to get the code but knew exactly what i was talking about.
    The sales rep at the store however told me she never heard of such a thing. the store sells about 10 a day, and no one ever comes back to complain about the email text messsages to get that allowance.
    AKay
    Wow, I just did this and it worked like a charm. Thanks guys. Now I can get push e-mail again.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    May be a dumb question, but what is the free PDA SMS 2000 program? I want to be informed before I demand it from Verizon Thanks.
    "PDA SMS 2000 Allowanace" is not a program. It is an allowance of 2000 text messages at no charge to you. It is designed for those customers with unlimited data who use push email services that generate SMS messages to trigger email to be pushed to their handhelds. Note that this is NOT required for VZW Wireless Sync.

Having said that, 2000 free messages is 2000 free messages no matter the source.
    Quote Originally Posted by blile
    May be a dumb question, but what is the free PDA SMS 2000 program? I want to be informed before I demand it from Verizon Thanks.
    If you have unlimited data you can request it for Exchange syncing and they will give you 2000 sms messages for free.

Unfortunately you have to pay per message for MMS if you elect this option. If like me you only send 10 or so MMS messages a month, it still works out in your favor.

ask for PDA 0$ 2000 SMS
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    If you have unlimited data you can request it for Exchange syncing and they will give you 2000 sms messages for free.

Unfortunately you have to pay per message for MMS if you elect this option. If like me you only send 10 or so MMS messages a month, it still works out in your favor.

ask for PDA 0$ 2000 SMS
    Does the SMS work exactly like the regular SMS system or is it toally different? I dont use exchage synching at all. Does that matter? I am only interested in the free SMS.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    It is supposed to be only for Exchange syncing, but for now it seems to cover any SMS sent. The actual SMS sent for AUTD Exchange syncing is different from a normal SMS as your device doesn't notify you of a new SMS, but rather goes and downloads your email automatically. I've sent and received SMS that weren't completely Exchange unrelated and they were taken out of the 2000 free SMS.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    True. They will also give it to you if you state that it is for push email triggering. (I use Domino/Notes.) Of course the VZW rep might be a little slow so saying it is for Exchange would be easier.