1.    #1  
    Hi,

I was curious if there is a built in shortcut to enabling bluetooth? Something aside from start, settings, connections, bluetooth, enable, ok.

Rich
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    You could just click on the small blue Bluetooth icon in the right top corner - it will take you there.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Not if you're driving and using one hand. I wish you could just scroll down to the homescreen plugin and press the center of the d-pad to get there instead of using the stylus.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  4.    #4  
    Well, I went into /windows & found a file called "bluetoothpanel". I copied that, pasted it within the /windows/start menu / programs directory "renamed to bluetooth".

then with voice command, I say start bluetooth & it starts but its not exactly what I was looking for. I would like to say "start bluetooth" and BT is enabled.

This is close enough to be acceptable.
    nothing happens when i do that - the file never appears -is it some hidden file?
    On the 650 I drop BT into a favorite button and assign a quick key. Holding the B key down brings up BT every time. Can't you do this on the new one?
  7.    #7  
    you should first try to click on the "bluetoothpanel" file & make sure it is working.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    Well, I went into /windows & found a file called "bluetoothpanel". I copied that, pasted it within the /windows/start menu / programs directory "renamed to bluetooth".

then with voice command, I say start bluetooth & it starts but its not exactly what I was looking for. I would like to say "start bluetooth" and BT is enabled.

This is close enough to be acceptable.
    Rich:

This is a great tip. Works like a charm. Since I now have a stick shift, I am using BT all the time and I was going crazy having to use the stylus everytime I jump in the car.

THANKS!

WCK
    Thanks RichKlein, this is a great find!
    Hey, I just noticed that once you run the shortcut, it shows up in the start menu as one of the recent programs. This way you can get to it using the d-pad without Voice Command if needed.
    I use VJVolubilis with the bluetooth toggle command line parameter and have a shortcut for it on iLauncher. One touch enable/disable bluetooth.

You can check it out at www.vijay555.com
    Thanks hamsup1o, I just tried the VJVolubilis solution and it is working very well for me.

By the way people, you don't have to mess around with adding a command line instruction if you don't want to. When you look around the vijay555.com site, you get the impression that you'll have to enter your own command lines. You can if you want (there are a lot of options), but if you just want to toggle the BT, it's already there for you.

After you install the VJVolubilis cab, one of the six or so pre-canned apps it installs is called VJVolubilis Blue Toggle (with the toggle command line already there).

I don't use a launcher, but I just added VJVolubilis Blue Toggle to my start menu and access it with one hand quickly. If you prefer, you can map it to one of the buttons for easier access. This works great since it just automatically toggles the connection, no need to deal with the bluetooth check box.

Thanks hamsup1o and RichKlein for working on this. For me at least, it's making bluetooth on the 700wx much more useful.
    Phonealarm has a skin that toggles BT. The other features are nice too.

http://www.pocketmax.net/