1.    #1  
    when preforming a restore with an old backup....will it put EVERYTHING back to the way it was(programs, screens, buttons, setting, contacts).....ive done a backup but just waiting to use it and wondering this...thanx
    Everything, yes.
  3.    #3  
    thanx!
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I've actually hard reset and restored a couple times in the past week while working on my BT GPS/Headset issue. It restores pretty much everything. The only thing I've noticed is it merged my PIE favorites with the stock favorites that I have deleted. I just have to go through and delete them again.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    I did a hard reset the other day. Sprite restored everything, except the "data" for WorldMate Pro. It occured to me to solve this problem I would simply store and run WorldMate on my SD card. In theory now, WorldMate will most likely be fully restored after a hard reset.

Tom
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Question regarding Sprite Backup:

When RESTORING from a previous backup date,
    do you (or should you) Hard reset to factory default state first, THEN do a Sprite Restore,

or

can you restore at any point (without hard resetting first).... ?
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I've done it without a hard reset first. It is supposed to clean up anything when you restore. I guess it can't hurt to hard reset. I usually only restore after hard resetting.
    I needed to do a hard reset to erase any programs I didn't want.
    It hasn't been stated, but during a restore, you CAN CHOOSE what and how much you'd like to restore.

For example I'm using 4smartphone.net as my exchange server, so during a restore, I have to choose not to restore my PIM databases, and then sync with the server to get all my PIM info uptodate.

I've also used Sprite Backup to restore a single file that I had accidentally deleted.
    Wow. I didn't know that. I guess I need to use the advanced mode more.
    Yeah, advanced mode is the way to go. You can then also choose what to backup and what not to back up. In my case, I don't backup my personal PIM databases anymore.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    so after using sprite for a while, would you say it is stable and trustworthy for WM05 users? I was told in a different thread that there are really no good backup solutions for the WM05 devices yet.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    They are wrong, Sprite is a good solution. I've used it a few times after hard resetting and it was very stable and worked great.
    Sprite is awesome. Great product.
    2 thumbs up from me.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Palm was supposed to release a "free" backup program to users, which I thought was Sprite. What happened with that?