Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    So after waiting, and waiting and not being able to decide, I've finally made the decision to take the plunge. I figured there was no telling when the next Palm based Treo was coming out so on Friday I became the proud owner of the 700w. So far so good.

How many others just couldn't wait and decided to take the plunge?

D
    Er....all these guys:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=108557

just teasing Hope ya like ya new toy. Do you have EVDO in your area ?
    thats exactly what happened to me. the 700 was a little strange at first but i got used to it and i love it! my battery life seems to be improving too. i never even loaded active sync. im not going to. ill transfer stuff from pc to sd card to treo and vice-vera. its a great internet phone! lots of fun. very useful too. dont load any apps into it till your comfortable with it and used to it. enjoy!!
    I couldn't be happier with mine...
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Fortunately I do have EVDO. May have run in to my first issue last night though. Installed Spb Pocket plus and I swear my batter life is decreased by about 25%.
    I was a big follower of the Future Treos post, and was in Shadowmite's IRC channel that fateful night we all drooled over the 700p.

But I didn't want to wait any longer. I played with it in the store. Found the screen to not be as bad as anyone was claiming.

And of course, Microsoft is the future of the smartphone--look at all the new winmo5 phones out now, and coming in the near future.

So, I bought one. and guess what?

i love it.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Hey Proton--
    You must not keep your calendar or contacts updated on your pc then? I hadn't considered getting rid of AS.
    So those of you who now have the 700w and came from a Treo650 how would you rate the screen if the 650 screen was a 10?
    Depends on the scale. If the Treo 600 was a 1, and the 650 was a 10, then the 700 would be a 7 (IMHO). Good contrast and color straight-on (but not as good as the 650). Resolution doesn't seem as bad as the numbers since WM was designed with a native 240x320 while Palm was 160x160 (the 320x320 in Palm OS 5.0 is a scaled up version which normally doesn't show more info just makes it better looking).

To be honest the 700 look OK by itself or next to most of the WM PDA/phones I've seen. It's when you put it next to the 650 you notice the loss of resolution and brightness.

Quote Originally Posted by socaltreo
    So those of you who now have the 700w and came from a Treo650 how would you rate the screen if the 650 screen was a 10?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Souljer
    Hey Proton--
    You must not keep your calendar or contacts updated on your pc then? I hadn't considered getting rid of AS.

i dont keep contacts and calander on my pc at all. im not a bussiness person. im not interested in syncing. i could do it for personall stuff but why complicate my life more than it is. also i dont want to ruin my phone with syncing. also for security too. the treo definately makes my lofe easier and i enjoy it a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by protonpump
    i dont keep contacts and calander on my pc at all. im not a bussiness person. im not interested in syncing. i could do it for personall stuff but why complicate my life more than it is. also i dont want to ruin my phone with syncing. also for security too. the treo definately makes my lofe easier and i enjoy it a lot.
    ruin your phone with syncing?

when I plugged in my first smartphone, I knew nothing and cared nothing for syncing or calendar, but it just sort of did it for me automatically. the first time I was at lunch and my phone started beeping to remind me of a meeting I had in 15 minutes, I got it, and it saved my ***

it also automatically keeps my internet favorites synced up

And of course, Microsoft is the future of the smartphone
    yup, it might take microsoft a while to incorporate (for free) the rest of the frankenstein patchwork of apps the palm os users feel like they don't want to abandon (especially after having spent $20 on each one) but its inevitable barring a miracle over the next few years
    yep. your right Blaze74. and your story shows the benefits of syncing. truth is I just don't have a need for syncing. I like to keep my pc and pcphone separate. I enter all my stuff into my phone. if I loose my phone ill get a new one and start over. sometimes its good to start over anyway.
    totally true especially with windows, always good to reinstall