1.    #1  
    whats the best audio recorder, pref. one that records in WMV for this thing. ideally suited for creating podcasts and the like.

thanks,
  2.    #3  
    you tried the vito audionotes? is it 240x240 compatible?
    It is indeed. I need to update my original post, but my only complaint is that it takes 4-5 seconds to open (you get the spinny ball). That, and I'm cheap and wish it was free. But I need it for GTD.
    I've been happy with the vito audio notes, MP3 format is by far the best to have, with the overclocking software, only takes me about 2 seconds to open it. Map it to the sidebutton and 1 button recording is nice. I think the price is fair.
    Overclocking, eh? Is it safe enough, and if so, what's the best way to implement it? I've seen threads on overclocking but it's easier to hear from someone who says, "I did X, Y and Z, it works, and my Treo hasn't exploded in my hand."
    Oh I use the program that was suggested in earlier posts XCPUScalar. It works so good that I paid the 17.00 bucks for it.

I overclock the phone to 520Mhz and I've never had a lockup or an "explosion" if I go one more up to 600 then the phone freezes up. I've noticed no difference in battery life.

Infact the only difference I have noticed is when I reloaded my phone (because of an Activesync problem) and I had not reinstalled this software yet, I felt like I was crawling.

Glenn