Page 1 of 53 1234561151 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Although I will not see a Treo 700w in my hands before July, I would like to see what others have done with their Today screens. Just take a shapshot of it and post it. Also, if you want, give a little blurb of why you have it setup the way you do.

Thanks!
    AT&T iPhone, My Blog!
    Is there a way for me to do a "printscreen" on the 700? If so I'd be happy to post it...
    You can grab the Pocket PC Remote Display Control app from Microsoft:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...toys.mspx#EGAA

It's not fully WM5 compatible but capable enough. When it's connected, press Alt+Print Screen on your keyboard and paste into Paint, Photoshop, PSP, Gimp, etc. Save as .jpg and upload here or to http://imagevenue.com/. Exemplar:

Keep in mind that the bi-directional sync arrows are usually the EV-DO icon, and the little bar at the bottom doesn't show up because I'm not usually running the remote display app.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick tutorial and your post. I would have to dig out an IPaq 3850 to make sure I was giving accurate directions on using remote display.
    AT&T iPhone, My Blog!
    Pocket PC Remote Display Control app works great.

Ooara - Wow that looks great, what background is that?
    You need Wisbar Adanced 2.

With that theme below. You can also get other themes from the board. Some might need extra work. Only problem with the vista theme is that it won't specifiy which connection I am using for broadband. But it does show you are connected, which is fine for me.

http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/for...pic.php?t=3435
    is it compatable with the 5 way nav key?
    How is your Treo working with WA2, any performance issues?
    id love to post mine but the command alt-print screen/SysRq isnt doing anything....i have the rest of it working fine...kinda neat
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    I tried out WA2 on the 700w. It is SO much more aesthetically pleasing (esp. the Vista Beta Two skin shown above by ooara) than the original Today screen... BUT ended up uninstalling it because:
    1) Couldn't use the cascading menus using one hand (need stylus)
    2) Didn't really slow down Treo, but used up some precious memory - which we don't have much to spare in the 1st place - so ran out of mem easier running the same # of multiple programs I could do without WA2.
    Last edited by plasmo; 03/06/2006 at 10:59 PM.
    Hmm, I'm not sure what menus you are referring to, but the normal right soft key menus seem to work fine for me.

This skin is really cool. Are there any gradiant black today themes to go with it? Is this supposed to change the normal ugly windows scroll bars, they seem the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by plasmo
    I tried out WA2 on the 700w. It is SO much more aesthetically pleasing (esp. the Vista Beta Two skin shown above by ooara) than the original Today screen... BUT ended up uninstalling it because:
    1) Couldn't use the cascading menus using one hand (need stylus)
    2) Didn't really slow down Treo, but used up some precious memory - which we don't have much to spare in the 1st place - so ran out of mem easier running the same # of multiple programs I could do without WA2.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Hmm, I'm not sure what menus you are referring to, but the normal right soft key menus seem to work fine for me.
    You can assign WA2 to the start button so you can access the cascaded menus without a stylus. However, you still can't access the icons at the top of the screen without one. (Battery/Sound/Notification/Running Tasks, etc.)

I'm a WA2 fan too and switched between 17 different themes to keep my XV6600 pretty. However, it is too much of a hog for this device and my usage. Maybe I'll use it with the Treo 750w.
    My screen changes every day and I rarely have the same screen in a week.

Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Here's my Today screen...basic black background with Resco Today plugin.
    Thinking of trying iLauncher Task Manager...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    what program or how are u guys gettin the cool lookin skins for today screen all i have been able to do is use pics as the today screen but nothin exciting
    Got Treo?
    I just took the basic black background and put it in w/ the guava bubbles theme. Actually it looks kinda like a verizon theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwl40
    I just took the basic black background and put it in w/ the guava bubbles theme. Actually it looks kinda like a verizon theme.

wheres the basic black background?
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Here's how my screen looks today:
    (I went back to WA2...couldn't resist - even though it is a memory hog...trying to live with it)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by plasmo; 03/11/2006 at 12:44 PM.
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Here is mine.

Page 1 of 53 1234561151 ... LastLast