Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdoc View Post
    Wowwww
    Looks AWESOME
    how did u get to that?
    Does it slow down the phone?

Ps.: cool, i'm from Boston too! =D
    Thanks...I don't notice much slowdown running these apps. I mean there will be slowdown no matter what when you install additional programs but I don't notice any significant slowdowns compared to when I have the same setup with the 6700. Even though the 700wx has a slower processor than the 6700, it feels much faster.
    nice today screens everyone...Im a noob to this phone so I will probably be asking some questions at one point or another for some help.

AnnMarie
    Can't wait to get my WX. Where do you guys get your themes from?
    Hi all. I am a total newbie to the treo world. I have been reading the posts and enjoyed all the cool themes. I downloded Thememaker Xand created a theme but there is one problem.I DONT KNOW HOW TO LOAD THE THEME ONTO MY TREO!! (700wx) lol

Can anyone please explain how to load themes onto the device. Honestly, i am not too computer savvy so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Put the .tsk file on your My Documents folder on the device and then go to Start, Settings, Today and you should see the themes on the list. You can even create a sub folder on your My Documents called Themes to keep them together. That's what I did...
    Thanks. I followed your steps and was able to load the theme.
    Is there a way to make the top menu bar black? I've tried but it always comes through looking grey on the treo.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    Nice! Looks like Vicott's ClassicBlack theme is getting popular. It makes the phone look thinner.

You'd better charge soon!

Oh yea, what's up with the 240x320?
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    Nice! Looks like Vicott's ClassicBlack theme is getting popular. It makes the phone look thinner.

You'd better charge soon!

Oh yea, what's up with the 240x320?
    I use getpda screen to capture image. it thinks it's 240x320
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    I use getpda screen to capture image. it thinks it's 240x320
    Yep, GetPDA does that.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts

* iLauncher v3.0.01 (fixed freezing issue when going to settings)
    * phonealarm Lite! v1.54 w/Jinks' e-mail skin - awaiting v1.55!
    * WeatherPanel with one of Malatesta's themes and Nova Animated icons
    * TodayAgenda (0.9.2 beta) - fixed height to keep iLauncher at the bottom
    * Resco Explorer w/registry and today plug-in (not in use) - is this a good program? I'm liking so far but want to hear other opinions before buying it.
    * SlingPlayer Mobile
    * Skype for 312Mhz processors
    * Sprite Backup
    * UPX4PPC - if anyone has a guide on how to use it, or can give me some pointer I'd appreciate it, I have no idea how to use it

I added screenshots of all my tabs on iLauncher for the heck of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    * Resco Explorer w/registry and today plug-in (not in use) - is this a good program? I'm liking so far but want to hear other opinions before buying it.
    Buy it. Skip the Today Plugin (unless you really like it) but the Explorer and Reg editor are top notch and very powerful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    UPX4PPC - if anyone has a guide on how to use it, or can give me some pointer I'd appreciate it, I have no idea how to use it
    I wrote a brief Wiki on this awhile back:
    http://wiki.treocentral.com/index.php/UPX4PPC

This is the thread that started it all (UPX4PPC doesn't come untill a few pages in):
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...ur-memory.html

Basically, you just add .exe and .dll files from 3rd party programs you've installed. This will cut in half the size of the files, saving space and also make them load fast.

And watch here Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen's blog in the next couple of days: I asked if he'd review/do a write up on it.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    That's what I thought. Plus the today plug-in was buggy, it showed like a delay when I tried to use it. At that time I didn't have anything else, but now that iLauncher is working I had already removed Resco's plug-in.

Thanks once again for the info on UPX4PPC, got some reading to do... :d
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts

Dinar Handy Switcher
    Dinar Handy Menu (All on top bar)
    Dinar Handy Launcher

Registry "mod" for Date/Time with am/pm on top bar

Journal Bar and Journal Bar Extensions (Weather and news automatically set to scroll every 7 seconds)

Applications currently installed:

*Oxios Hibernate (set to automatically run/clean memory after every "wake-up")
    *Sprite Back Up
    *Tweaks2K2
    *MemMaid
    *SKTools
    *Resco Explorer
    *Resco Registry Editor
    *Pocket Informant 2007
    *SiriusCE (AWESOME)
    *XCPUScalar
    *PDANet
    *Agile Messenger IM
    *Adobe Acrobat PPC Reader
    *TCPMP Media Player

I use 4smartphone.net for my exchange server.

Also, I tried the black background. Although it looks great in print, I found that my tired 40 year old eyes couldn't make out text as easily as I can with the blue background.
    Last edited by robdam; 09/29/2006 at 08:10 PM.
    I'm torn between these two set ups.

lgreenberg I like the black. Just easier to read IMO. I would find a way to get rid of the scroll bar though.

Also how do you have speed dial with no buttons? Did you just assign Voice mail a picture?
    Quote Originally Posted by D1G1T4L View Post
    lgreenberg I like the black. Just easier to read IMO. I would find a way to get rid of the scroll bar though.

Also how do you have speed dial with no buttons? Did you just assign Voice mail a picture?
    Yeah, I didn't like the button so I just assigned my voicemail number to the little picture of the phone.

I like the Black too. I just replaced the theme with the Classic Black one and it looks even better.

Not sure how to get rid of the scroll bar. I guess a smaller Weather Panel theme would do it.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    for the ppl who is using weather panel. does your number fonts look weird when someone calls you?? is there a fix to this?

Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    That's a side effect of the default themes for WeatherPanel. Go here: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=124774

There's other themes and also someone edited the original ones to get rid of that ugly font.
Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast