Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Insurance Guy
    I downloaded Vista Lite, but can't get it to install on my phone. So, can someone help me:

- Download Vista Lite
    - Install it on the 700

If you could provide me with some details on how to make this thing work, that would be terrific!

I was able to get WisBar to install... so I can't be completely retarded.

Thanks in advance.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...00&postcount=8
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I have finally got my today screen to my liking. I just discovered skmenu which allows me not only to place icons at the bottom of my screen which can be accessed one handed, it also has so many other functions allowing me to create cascading menus assigned to any hardware button of my choice. The program offers so much, but has a little learning curve. I also have my current conditions, radar, temp map and satellite picture on the screen. I can click on them and I'm taking to animations of each map. I have attached my today screen, cascading menus, and other screenshots. I love my treo700w.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jussnb
    Here's mine:

The handsome lad is my 2 year old son, Jude.
    How did you get rid of the search button? Mine's still there for messenging.
    Here's mine (captured using Pocket Controller)

Neil
    nice screen Moncha,and Plasmo's is nice too,but a little busy.
    juss - love that kid!
    This is my current today screen but I'll probably be making some changes within the next few days:

Obviously you have the VZ banner and the search window in the first two rows. The next row is Phone Alarm using the Tinny skin. Then I have SPB Pocket Plus installed.

With Pocket Plus, I created customized tabs and have apps arranged by category (sys apps, games, office apps, etc). I then also added SPB Pocket Weather and Pocket Informant to the tab setup. The only quirkeyness here is that you can use the Treos nav pad to go between the fields and access the diff tabs in Pocket Plus. For whatever reason, when I access the Pocket Informant tab and I've left my messages displayed, the treo takes me abck to the top of the screen and I have to use the nav pad again to go back and review my messages...if that makes sense. It's only a very minor annoyance.

Programs wise, I am a VZ WirelessStink user. I shouldn't say that...WS does work for me most times. I also run PDANet and Pocket Controller. Surprisingly, I usually have about 7megs free when I wake up and then about 4.5 by the end of the day. But when I wake up, it's usually back to around 7 or 6.90.
    Moncha and Plasmo - I love the way your screens look .... would you mind explaining to a neophyte such as myself, how to go about setting up a today screennto look likes yours?

Your help would be most appreciated.
    OK, here's my question: I migrated from the 650 where I had my phone favs along my dial pad on the screen. I notice that no download or example shown shows the fav buttons. How does everyone deal with their favorite buttons? I have mine on my today screen and it makes it hard to see/read. Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by AP1
    Moncha and Plasmo - I love the way your screens look .... would you mind explaining to a neophyte such as myself, how to go about setting up a today screennto look likes yours?

Your help would be most appreciated.

It's just a matter of purchasing Wisbar Advance , installing the software and uploading the theme of your choice to the themes directory of Wisbar Advanced.. To find the directory look to my above posting for a link to that posting.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmo
    Use Vijay's latest version that I posted above in this thread to get rid of the bottom bar.
    As for the date/time today plug in- i accidentally found it while surfing...but i will need to get you the link later because i am not at my home computer-

Hey Plasmo, any results on that date/time today plug in? Would love to get that. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blile
    Hey Plasmo, any results on that date/time today plug in? Would love to get that. Thanks.
    It's a freeware program called "Todaytime".
    You can download it here:
    http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...e-plug-in.html
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmo
    Tried it Vijay on my Treo 700w:
    It doesn't seem to remove the Bottom toolbar (just makes a blank space), but successfully removes the top bar... plus it did freeze my Treo once requiring soft reset...
    Some screenshot comparisons:

---- Without VJToggle Image ------------- WithVJToggle Image -------

Vijay- if you could figure out how to REMOVE the "VERIZON WIRELESS" bar, then I think you will have a very popular program amongst Treo700 users!
    Thanks
    PLasmo,
    how are you playing Yahoo Music? I used the search function and read a few threads, but no one seems to have the answer listed? I have a subscription to launchcast music not the download service.

Nevermind...it seems this is only for Yahoo Unlimited not LaunchCast
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Here's mine, with PocketBreeze and the PocketPlus launcher. I used VITO Theme Editor to create the theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by heckj
    I have finally got my today screen to my liking. I just discovered skmenu which allows me not only to place icons at the bottom of my screen which can be accessed one handed, it also has so many other functions allowing me to create cascading menus assigned to any hardware button of my choice. The program offers so much, but has a little learning curve. I also have my current conditions, radar, temp map and satellite picture on the screen. I can click on them and I'm taking to animations of each map. I have attached my today screen, cascading menus, and other screenshots. I love my treo700w.
    Where did you find the weather maps? Best I've seen, do they auto update?

Thanks
    c
    Hi everyone. These are some awesome backgrounds. I am such a noob.. I read all the posts, and am still not sure how to do this.

Can someone please let me know what prog I need to do this? ANd where to go to get the actual setups (i.e. Louis Vuitton)?? I would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by capt. c
    Where did you find the weather maps? Best I've seen, do they auto update?

Thanks
    c
    The all auto update, I have new animations load every two hours. I need to track down the links of the maps, as soon as I do I will post them here
    Quote Originally Posted by Pointman
    Hi everyone. These are some awesome backgrounds. I am such a noob.. I read all the posts, and am still not sure how to do this.

Can someone please let me know what prog I need to do this? ANd where to go to get the actual setups (i.e. Louis Vuitton)?? I would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks!
    You can buy a program like Thememaker X which will allow you to take a picture or any image, change colors of menus, text, popups, backgrounds etc, or you use a photo as a background. If you can't change your text color the type of photos that you can use is much more limited. There are also several sites that have free themes available for download. You put the theme in your my documents folder and then you can select it from menu/prefs/today settings/appearnce. Google wm5 or ppc themes.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt
    You can buy a program like Thememaker X which will allow you to take a picture or any image, change colors of menus, text, popups, backgrounds etc, or you use a photo as a background. If you can't change your text color the type of photos that you can use is much more limited. There are also several sites that have free themes available for download. You put the theme in your my documents folder and then you can select it from menu/prefs/today settings/appearnce. Google wm5 or ppc themes.
    Awesome! Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    How do you get the black background?
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast