Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 364142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    this theme http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../treo/desk.gif
    I mean the one used for wisbar.. the ev icon ?? the reason I have not been using wisbar is because I want to see an accurate status for my treo's signal on my 750V i get G for GPRS and U for UMTS (3G) I notice there is a wisbar 3 out, does this now allow skinning of separate connection status as opposed to just signal or no signal as in wisbar2 .
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    I was wondering as well if synergy used vj toggle or not. I believe that program never left the beta phase and would always lock up my today screen with "in call" sofkeys when ever a call came in. If you are using a different program synergy would you let us know? Thanks

Yes thats what I used I have never had a problem! (aside from the lack of documentation - took me a bit to figure out that you need to make the bar size changes in the registry and then run the program again... ) I also have an HP Ipaq 6955 I must confess... not a Treo... but still a square screen device, I dont know if that makes a difference in how well that app works. I hang out here because Treos are the only other square screen devices and I find much more useful ideas and info on here than on howard forums etc where they seem to shun us lol.

I really dont know how it would freeze with an incoming call.. the soft keys are still there in all apps... they are only gone on the today screen. All my popups and notifications etc still work fine.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    My newest theme is almost done

and to clear things up

I use Wisbar 3, and wisbar desktop every day, and never had a single freeze up when a call comes in.

actually, i never had a freeze up ever.

I still get about 40mb memory free with all the progs running and the theme

i made sure i kept file space small, and as far as space goes (hardly takes up anything at all)

my next step is creating all new sounds for the theme.

and ir8030, Thanks for bringing to my attention the issue about GSM users, who do not use EVDO

I am taking this into mind when I create my skin, and making a whole separate version for all GSM users.
    what's EVDO ?? by the way. I'm in the uk and on vodafone my treo uses 3G (umts) GPRS (listed on the screen as G) and then no signal on the screen i guess means there's no data signal only normal gsm phone signal.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ir803 View Post
    what's EVDO ?? by the way. I'm in the uk and on vodafone my treo uses 3G (umts) GPRS (listed on the screen as G) and then no signal on the screen i guess means there's no data signal only normal gsm phone signal.
    <.< I have signal strength on my skin...

I never been with a GSM provider before, never used a sim card, or GPRS

I've always used CDMA networks, both Sprint and Verizon.... so I have only been exposed to evdo (cdma networks high speed internet)

If GSM providers in the states (theres only 2 of them) lower their prices down to what sprint is, i may look into them.

but anyways, I will need to look into GSM more before working on it
  6. Nic
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Airibis, the freeze up I'm referring to is that of only wa3. If you go to the option to "Hide Softkeys", when a call comes in, the softkeys revert back to "incall softkeys" (I forgot what they say at the moment). Instead of the incall softkeys dissapering when the call is finished,they remain on the today screen. Without a soft reset, the normal today screen soft keys do not appear.

This was the exact same issue people were running into with vj toggle. Someone said one time that this is an issue with treos. For ex. Synergie uses this with his Hp-no problem.

I have yet to try this with WAd. Assuming one could custom skin the entire today screen, I dont believe this would be an issue.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    Airibis, the freeze up I'm referring to is that of only wa3. If you go to the option to "Hide Softkeys", when a call comes in, the softkeys revert back to "incall softkeys" (I forgot what they say at the moment). Instead of the incall softkeys dissapering when the call is finished,they remain on the today screen. Without a soft reset, the normal today screen soft keys do not appear.

This was the exact same issue people were running into with vj toggle. Someone said one time that this is an issue with treos. For ex. Synergie uses this with his Hp-no problem.

I have yet to try this with WAd. Assuming one could custom skin the entire today screen, I dont believe this would be an issue.

I use WA3

and I also have "hide softkeys" selected

and still, never a single freeze up

I am also using a wm5 dial pad (gives me larger incoming call pictures)

rather than the normal palm
  8. Nic
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Not sure. is that because you are using wa3 with wad? I have been trying to fig this out for a while. I would very much like the extra space. thanks.
    It must be a Treo issue, if the HP is not freezing the softkeys after a call incorrectly... I really would love the extra space too... I'd consider adding WA3 and WAD...
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    These friggin Treos are too much fun!

Verizon Palm Treo 700wx, WM 6, FLASH 4G|TRANSCEND SD TS4GSD150 R, MemMaid 2.0, Magic Button, SBSH Pocketweather
    couldnt quickly find an answer, sorry for dupe if the case may be:

how do you change those boot screens? welcomehead.96=read only no matter how many times i change it in resco explorer
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    [/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmacisto View Post
    couldnt quickly find an answer, sorry for dupe if the case may be:

how do you change those boot screens? welcomehead.96=read only no matter how many times i change it in resco explorer
    You have to create a file with the same name in another location, like on your desktop or your card and then copy that file into the windows folder using resco. It will give you a warning. Just click yes.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    did that

with resco it still wont allow me to overwrite that file. i change file properties from read only a bunch of times... still no go?
    did that

with resco it still wont allow me to overwrite that file. i change file properties from read only a bunch of times... still no go?
    I just figured it out. Edit: Copy your original welcomehead.96.png somewhere to your PC. Have the boot file you want to replace somewhere on your device, mine was on my storage card. The file you want to use must have the same name welcomehead.96.png and should be in PNG format.
    1: Open Resco Explorer (I read that you can also use Total Commander, which is free, but I have not tried it) and navigate to the new welcomehead.96.png file.
    2: Left click and hold on the file, until you see the pop-up menu in fig 1:
    3: Choose Copy To
    4: You will see the screen in fig. 2, navigate to the windows folder and left click.
    5: You will be presented with the screen in fig, 3, click on the Overwrite button.
    Edit Note: You will be presented with a warning message "The file is part of the rom and you could potentially damage it." For an explanation of what happens when you replace the welcomehead.96.png, please read the following, post number 3 http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...-question.html

The file will be copied to the Windows directory. Soft Reset and you will see your new boot screen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sinsin07; 10/20/2007 at 10:08 AM.
    ball-er!

sweet
    thanks

fyi it prompts that the file is part of the rom and you could potentially damage it...

thanks
    ball-er!

sweet
    thanks

fyi it prompts that the file is part of the rom and you could potentially damage it...

thanks
    Thanks, I edited my post to reflect the message.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    I normally try to avoid showing works in progress

but here is what I have on iRIS so far (told you i planned on changing it completely )

i did everything in the past 12 hours *havent slept yet O.O*

Its almost done,

things i will be adding in the coming hours

active sync link at the top left, psshutxp at the top right

the middle empty space on the top is going to marquee upcoming appointments, and you can switch it to marquee phone stats (ram% and such), all by pushing a button

i am going to be making new icons for Phone Alarm, i put those there to get an idea

and on the bottom

the top 4 big square will be different pages (weather, office+calender, Contacts, and media)

and on the bottom i am going to square off sections and add links to diffent apps

sooo..... ^^;; let me know what you guys think!

everything is getting skinned, from the boot screen right down to the dialpad
    Holy CRAP! That looks absolutely insane. Get some rest, and then FINISH!
    END OF LINE