Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I want Today Plug-In access as well. Am I correct in saying that iLauncher and PocketBreeze don't have the flexibility of Spb products?

How well does this work on the 700w?

Which Spd product would you recommend I get first?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdanut2 View Post
    I want Today Plug-In access as well. Am I correct in saying that iLauncher and PocketBreeze don't have the flexibility of Spb products?

I can't help with iLauncher or PocketBreeze, I know nothing about them. Never used a 700w. I would recommend the following to try out:
    Mobile Shell
    Pocket Plus
    Diary

In addition to the above I also use:
    Weather - decent to nice
    Imageer - couldn't do without
    Time - it's pretty kewl
    Pocket PC Tips & Tricks - it's ok
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahpat View Post
    Thanks. I would LOVE to get rid of that - didn't think I could actually. What is "Hidelogo"? Is this a reg setting I need to tweak, 3rd party app, or....?

*Found it! It works, but the SPB shell doesn't resize to fill the gab at the bottom now. I will submit a support req and see what happens!
    Bottom row? Hidelogo removes the Sprint or VZW useless Bar near the top. See my Today Screen. Also, what is the icon you have pinned to your Bottom Bar? It seems like such a shame to me that you use up a whole row for one icon!

Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Bottom row? Hidelogo removes the Sprint or VZW useless Bar near the top. See my Today Screen. Also, what is the icon you have pinned to your Bottom Bar? It seems like such a shame to me that you use up a whole row for one icon!

Yeah, Hidelogo DID remove the bar at the top. Problem is, the SPB plugin moved upwards into that space vacating space at the bottom in equal size. SPB plug in did not resize itself to utilize it, so it's dead space. Dead space either at the top or the bottom.

And the icon at the bottom is only there when I am taking screen shots with MS Remote Display Control for PPC. It goes away once I shut it off and I regain the space back.
    Yeah, Hidelogo DID remove the bar at the top. Problem is, the SPB plugin moved upwards into that space vacating space at the bottom in equal size. SPB plug in did not resize itself to utilize it, so it's dead space. Dead space either at the top or the bottom.

And the icon at the bottom is only there when I am taking screen shots with MS Remote Display Control for PPC. It goes away once I shut it off and I regain the space back.
    A couple of things about hidelogo. I use it to reclaim valuable space on our small screen device. The other reason I use it is cause I like the clean screen look. This is why i'm starting to like spb shell so much is cause it makes my screen look clean and not so cluttered. If you look at some peoples screen shots its just so cluttered. Just my two cents though.

Hopefully tomorrow if I get some time i'll post a few screen shots.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdanut2 View Post

ilauncher and pocketbreeze are awesome, what sets them apart from spb products are they have a lot more options setting ilauncher and pb can take some time though cause there are so many different options also they have a smaller memory footprint. Spb product are awesome to I purchased spb pocketplus my only complaint was the memory footprint but now that I have the wx model memory is not an issue. Spb products i think are easier to set up more intuitive I guess you could say. i just started on the spb shell trial and most likely i will be purchasing it in the next few days. So in a nut shell ilauncher and pocketbreeze awesome products if you need smaller memory footprint and need more customization. With spb product bigger memory footprint but easier to set up. Btw spb is some fun eyecandy.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    I tried the SPB suite of apps on my PPC6700 last year, and just recently, and quite happily, moved them to my 700wx. The 6 Today plug-in tabs across the top give quick access to a tremendous amount of info without drilling down thru menus - which is very handy when single handing it. I like having a lot readily available, in a neat, organized & concise manner - retentive, I know. I change the theme occasionally but kinda stuck on this red one for a minute.

The 1st screen is the "Now" screen which comes up immediately after turning the PDA on, if enabled. It gives a quick snapshot. The clock does change to a digital.
    Hmmm... i'm curious...

If you're currently viewing the "now" screen, how do you get to the screen with the tabs?
    Quote Originally Posted by patlo View Post
    Hmmm... i'm curious...

If you're currently viewing the "now" screen, how do you get to the screen with the tabs?
    With your finger or stylus, click the left or right softkeys. "Close" takes you to the Today screen with the tabs, "Spb Menu" takes you to a cool menu they put together. Or... click anyone of the icons to take you to the respective app: The clock for time, the weather icon for weather, the notification icons for mail, text msgs, or calls to those.
    This is what I like:

Easy to read, neat and clean. I really need to do some work with the tabs - I should never have to go into the "Programs" menu at all. With a little luck, the programmer for PocketPlus will enable the ability to have text with the icons, and then I'll use small icons with text.

Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    With a little luck, the programmer for PocketPlus will enable the ability to have text with the icons, and then I'll use small icons with text.
    have you suggested that to them? i know i saw on their site a place to make suggestions. for all we know, their programmer is sitting around with nothing to do!
    Trust me, they're not just sitting around...
    END OF LINE
  12. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I have an issue with the vista theme for Wisbar Advance 2. The pack comes with a sounds folder which basically changes all of the system sounds but the thing thats really annoying is that even when I hit the end button to turn the screen off,it continues to play the new system sounds periodically which drains the battery faster because even though the screen is off,the audio portion remains on. I know this because I can still hear the audio hiss through the earpiece. My question is,does anyone know how to stop the periodic sounds without just turning them off completely so I could still hear them while navigating through the menus? I have tried the option in Wisbar which says turn off extended sound hooks but all that does is switch the system sounds back to default.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    My screen changes every day and I rarely have the same screen in a week.

Love the wallpaper, but I'm more of a Coach signature kind of girl.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts

Not much new. Removed the Spb Mobile Shell Today plugin and changed back to Stealth-240 on WP. Also changed to Vista Pocket for WAD2.
    I tried the SPB suite of apps on my PPC6700 last year, and just recently, and quite happily, moved them to my 700wx. The 6 Today plug-in tabs across the top give quick access to a tremendous amount of info without drilling down thru menus - which is very handy when single handing it. I like having a lot readily available, in a neat, organized & concise manner - retentive, I know. I change the theme occasionally but kinda stuck on this red one for a minute.

The 1st screen is the "Now" screen which comes up immediately after turning the PDA on, if enabled. It gives a quick snapshot. The clock does change to a digital.
    How did you get both the original speed dial buttons and the speed dial that comes with SPB on the same screen?
    have you suggested that to them? i know i saw on their site a place to make suggestions. for all we know, their programmer is sitting around with nothing to do!
    Yes, I have suggested that. Thanks for the tip.

Here is what I now have and a mock-up of what I'd like:

Last edited by westronic; 03/03/2007 at 11:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin View Post
    How did you get both the original speed dial buttons and the speed dial that comes with SPB on the same screen?
    Yeah I can't figure that out either.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by houdini13 View Post
    Yeah I can't figure that out either.
    That's actually the Photo Speed dial pluging that comes with the 700wx. It can have pictures and buttons.

Notice there's an arrow to the right for more photos, I think the photo dialer on Spb Mobile Shell does not support that. He just created a tab for one his own plugins and used the Palm Photo Speed dial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    That's actually the Photo Speed dial pluging that comes with the 700wx. It can have pictures and buttons.

Notice there's an arrow to the right for more photos, I think the photo dialer on Spb Mobile Shell does not support that. He just created a tab for one his own plugins and used the Palm Photo Speed dial.
    Yep - that's what I did. SPB Speed Dial limits you, which sucks. So I simply hit the "Replace" button from within Options and used the Palm Speed Dial. Works fine. I'm sure in time, the Speed Dial that comes with the shell will change to include more options.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    Love the wallpaper, but I'm more of a Coach signature kind of girl.
    ROFL! My wife FLIPPED when she saw your Today Screen! Tres Cool! She's a Coach fiend as well. Already has the new Gun Metal bag and all. She's into Coach, I'm into Gadget;s; we're a match made in Heaven!
    Treo 700WX - VZW