Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
    how do i add like a soft reset button to the bottom so i dont have to hit Start-Programs etc...
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    XCPUScaler has an option to add a Soft Reset button to the bottom of the Today Screen.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    silly question...how do I hide the slidebars? I thought that it was a option somewhere but I can not find it to save my life!!
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    What sidebars exactly? The scrolling bars?

If it's the scrolling bars you need to make your screen exactly fit no more than the 240 pixels.
    can anyone tell me where i can get the LV theme that babydol has? thankx
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Mind quoting the post? I went back 5 pages and didn't find a post by 'babydol'.
    I tried the SPB suite of apps on my PPC6700 last year, and just recently, and quite happily, moved them to my 700wx. The 6 Today plug-in tabs across the top give quick access to a tremendous amount of info without drilling down thru menus - which is very handy when single handing it. I like having a lot readily available, in a neat, organized & concise manner - retentive, I know. I change the theme occasionally but kinda stuck on this red one for a minute.

The 1st screen is the "Now" screen which comes up immediately after turning the PDA on, if enabled. It gives a quick snapshot. The clock does change to a digital.
    Last edited by mistahpat; 03/01/2007 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Added "Now" and "memory" screen shots.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahpat View Post
    I tried the SPB suite of apps on my PPC6700 last year, and just recently, and quite happily, moved them to my 700wx. The 6 Today plug-in tabs across the top give quick access to a tremendous amount of info without drilling down thru menus - which is very handy when single handing it. I like having a lot readily available, in a neat, organized & concise manner - retentive, I know. I change the theme occasionally but kinda stuck on this red one for a minute.

Is this the new spb shell program your using cause I do like the idea of finger size tabs.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    Is this the new spb shell program your using cause I do like the idea of finger size tabs.
    Yeah. I bought different apps by SPB last year, then the new shell just last month. It ties it all in together nicely!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahpat View Post
    Yeah. I bought different apps by SPB last year, then the new shell just last month. It ties it all in together nicely!
    It does look nice can you add anything to the tabs like phonealarm or weather panel or does it have to be spb programs only.
    It does look nice can you add anything to the tabs like phonealarm or weather panel or does it have to be spb programs only.
    Yep. It sez that not all apps will be guaranteed to work, but I haven't had a problem yet. I'm actually using the speed dial plug-in that came with the phone, instead of SPB's version. Also, one tab is dedicated to IM+ for my IM's.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Nice work mistahpat. Have you tried Hidelogo to get rid of the Sprint Bar? I use it on my VZW WX and it's REALLY nice to have the extra real estate.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    how did you get the SIX buttons across the top, and how did you get differant apps to load to it? Is there a setting I am missing somewhere, or is that a differant spb app than just the shell running. I know you have some others there, but I thought the top one was the shell.
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Nice work mistahpat. Have you tried Hidelogo to get rid of the Sprint Bar? I use it on my VZW WX and it's REALLY nice to have the extra real estate.
    Thanks. I would LOVE to get rid of that - didn't think I could actually. What is "Hidelogo"? Is this a reg setting I need to tweak, 3rd party app, or....?

*Found it! It works, but the SPB shell doesn't resize to fill the gab at the bottom now. I will submit a support req and see what happens!
    Last edited by mistahpat; 03/01/2007 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Found it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tivoboy View Post
    how did you get the SIX buttons across the top, and how did you get differant apps to load to it? Is there a setting I am missing somewhere, or is that a differant spb app than just the shell running. I know you have some others there, but I thought the top one was the shell.
    The new SPB Mobile Shell comes with the tabs as a default. Are you using the shell? It should once installed automatically show up on your Today screen. What I did was go into my Today settings, and unchecked everything except the shell, that way the shell became my Today screen. Using my pointer, I click and hold on any tab and wait for the submenu and then choose "Options". From there you can play around with what tabs you want, what content within the tabs, order, etc. You can even change the icons (and there are many to choose from!)

If you're past all that, and in Options, you must have less than 6 tabs to add a tab (6 tab limit). If you're at 5 and wish to add the 6th, (again, once in Options) click the "Add.." button and the next screen will allow you to choose from a list of programs.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    it is funny, when I add a fifth on my treo 700wx, it doesn't add another slide. As well, additional applications don't really show up other than a few. Are applicatoins not loaded locally, not accessable?
    Quote Originally Posted by tivoboy View Post
    it is funny, when I add a fifth on my treo 700wx, it doesn't add another slide. As well, additional applications don't really show up other than a few. Are applicatoins not loaded locally, not accessable?
    Not really sure. I see a list of 10. My first thought is only apps with Today plug-ins might be listed. You might try sending them a support request/question. They've been highly responsive to me in the past. The shell is brand new, so I'm sure they're working on bugs/upgrades etc. When you say slide, is that the same as tab? If so, that's strange. Never had a problem myself.
    Ok so let me get this straight having spb shell is like having multiple (tabs) today screens. Is that correct.
    Ok so let me get this straight having spb shell is like having multiple (tabs) today screens. Is that correct.
    Well.. in essence, I think the theory is for it to BECOME your today screen, integrating all other SPB products (some others as well) into tabs. Each tab having different information literally changing your Today screen as you click through the tabs. (Or at least changing the information viewed at that moment.) That's why I posted all those pics, a pic for each tab (2 for my 2nd tab, as it has sub tabs). All housed within the Today screen.

My 1st tab, I used SPB Diary, which then has I think 6 tabs down the left (I didn't post all those pics) each for different contact/Outlook data - very slick actually.

My 2nd tab, I have SPB Pocket Plus, which itself has 2 tabs (you can create more - I chose 2), one I designated for games only, and the other for misc other stuff I haven't yet quite figured out what I want yet.

And so on it goes. The shell brings all kinds of data and/or links to data right into the Today screen, using the tabs.

Check their product page:

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/prod...obileshell/?en
    I just downloaded the trial so far i likeit. Its kinda what i've been looking for. I already have 5 tabs set up. It really is like having a bunch of different today screens on there. really impressive.