Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts

Well here is my today as it looks right now.. Knowing me I will change it again tomorrow.

Business Today theme with custom Treo 700wx wallpaper.

1 - HideLogo Hack
    2 - Weatherpanel with Custom Popup w/Rain layout
    3 - Resco Today plugin
    4 - Today Agenda
    5 - Palm Messaging Beta 4
    6 - SMS Softkey hack
    Last edited by damigs; 11/10/2006 at 10:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs View Post

Well here is my today as it looks right now.. Knowing me I will change it again tomorrow.

Business Today theme with custom Treo 700wx wallpaper.

1 - HideLogo Hack
    2 - Weatherpanel with Custom Popup w/Rain layout
    3 - Resco Today plugin
    4 - Today Agenda
    5 - Palm Messaging Beta 4
    6 - SMS Softkey hack

Looks just like mine
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    Download the file to your PC and unzip it. I created a folder called Joel_Clear Skin and put it there. Start ActiveSync to your Treo and copy all of the gif files in your PC folder to the Program Files/phoneAlarm/Joel folder. They go in there since they have a different name than the original Joel gifs. Copy the skn files in the PC folder to the Program Files/phoneAlarm folder. Then you should be able to select them as the skin within PhoneAlarm.

Hope that helps

Greg

Thanks, works Great!
    Originally posted by Malatesta

Okay, I've moved away from a lot of apps due to extreme streamlining based on actual use and not "cool" factor. lol

The result is an extremely zippy and lean system. This also feels more Phone/Message center-like, which is how I use my device. (Though this is probably not for everyone!)

- WeatherPanel 240 Stealth
    - TodayAgenda
    - PhoneAlarm FULL with Bax's new "1Touch" skin
    - HideLogo 1.1
    ok .... I took the recommendation and have tried to add the above

I managed to get TodayAgenda loaded and running .... works well for me because I understand it tho' I have some questions which I will try to find the answers to before posing here ....

my real problem is that .... I don't understand the Hidelogo 1.1
    loaded the cab file onto my computer and tried to extract .... what do I do with it exactly (when synching to my 700 wx)?

also .... I loaded WeatherPanel .... but couldn't figure out the 'stealth' part --
    I looked back and found it to be a skin (corrert?) .... how do I load it?

Haven't touched PhoneAlarm yet but .... I do have another issue ....

I've now progressed to getting an SD card for my 700wx .... because I want to load some music and play .... and I felt good that I was able to load correctly and it would play .... so I started loaded some favorites ..... and find I can't load more than 1/2G onto the card .... I check the card properties and it says that I have used 496MB and have 1.5G left .... yet when I try to load another music file via synch .... it says I don't have enough storage left to load it ....

help! .... and thanks
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Here it is in all of it's glory! Thanks for all the help. Once the text messaging issues are resolved this device is hands down the most versatile I have used yet.

Ding Fries are Done!
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Tiger fan...

You need to copy the CAB to your device and run it ON the device. After doing this, soft reset. Then it will become a Today plugin that when activated, hides the carrier bar. Also, you need to go under the right soft-key menu and select the Hide lookup field option for it to work.

As far as WeatherPanel goes, I recommen reading this thread: http://www.ppcgeeks.com/marsware-wea...kins-t822.html

It tells you anything you need...
    Please excuse the potential n00biness of this questions, but I do not have a Treo yet...and I was wondering if you were able to do all of these home screen interfaces with just pre-loaded stuff or are you having to d/l programs to edit them so much.

I know to get the weather and stuff prb involves a 3rd party app.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by player2 View Post
    Please excuse the potential n00biness of this questions, but I do not have a Treo yet...and I was wondering if you were able to do all of these home screen interfaces with just pre-loaded stuff or are you having to d/l programs to edit them so much.

I know to get the weather and stuff prb involves a 3rd party app.

Both. Some 3rd party apps and some of the modification will come from the device. Reasonably cheap to do most of it and there are a lot of people on the board that will point you in the right direction.
    Last edited by nezzy76; 11/12/2006 at 08:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nezzy76 View Post

Here it is in all of it's glory! Thanks for all the help. Once the text messaging issues are resolved this device is hands down the most versatile I have used yet.

Ding Fries are Done!
    Can you post your today theme file. I like the metalish background.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    SC Grill 3

I think I got it off of WMTHEMES web site. I'll post the link tomorrow from work. I like it too, kind of looks like Carbon Fiber.

Here you go: http://www.wmthemes.com/frmSearch.aspx
    Last edited by nezzy76; 11/12/2006 at 08:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nezzy76 View Post

Ding Fries are Done!
    Looks great. Much better with the clear Joel skin on PA.

Greg
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    There are three versions of this skin on the site, I downloaded them all. Each one yields the grill pattern (tres cool...) but the top and bottom bars are a bright sky blue. How can I get those black like the rest of the theme?
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zagleft1 View Post
    There are three versions of this skin on the site, I downloaded them all. Each one yields the grill pattern (tres cool...) but the top and bottom bars are a bright sky blue. How can I get those black like the rest of the theme?
    Thanks.
    This was asked earlier in the thread and the answer was........

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    UITWEAKER can do this, and tweaks2k2 has this ability also.
    Go to post 338 or there abouts if you want to see it.

Greg
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Oops, guess that's the problem with 19-page threads and someone with short term memory....

Anyway, thanks Greg, that worked great.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zagleft1 View Post
    Oops, guess that's the problem with 19-page threads and someone with short term memory....

Anyway, thanks Greg, that worked great.
    No problem. I know it's a big thread. Today I just happened to remember it being asking. No guarantees tomorrow.

Greg
    Originally posted by Pibe38

Tiger fan...

You need to copy the CAB to your device and run it ON the device. After doing this, soft reset. Then it will become a Today plugin that when activated, hides the carrier bar. Also, you need to go under the right soft-key menu and select the Hide lookup field option for it to work.
    thank you .... I understand now that I have to transfer the CAB file onto my Treo .... where do I transfer it to? (ie. under which file -- program files? do I make a seperate file for it?)

soory -- I just don't quite understand ....

thanks once again for your help
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger fan View Post
    Originally posted by Pibe38

thank you .... I understand now that I have to transfer the CAB file onto my Treo .... where do I transfer it to? (ie. under which file -- program files? do I make a seperate file for it?)

soory -- I just don't quite understand ....

thanks once again for your help

Doesn't really matter where you put the CAB file. I have a folder on my storage card called Downloads and then I add new folders in there. You just need to know where you put it so you can run it from the Treo.

Greg
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    Doesn't really matter where you put the CAB file. I have a folder on my storage card called Downloads and then I add new folders in there. You just need to know where you put it so you can run it from the Treo.

Greg
    Something to keep in mind though. If you run the cab file from a storage card, you MAY have issues if you remove that storage card after installing. At least I found this happened with WeatherPanel. I installed from the storage card, told it to install to the device (not the storage card), but somehow some settings were being saved on the card.
    so I can just load it ~anywhere~ onto my Treo .... SD card included?

thanks
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger fan View Post
    so I can just load it ~anywhere~ onto my Treo .... SD card included?

thanks
    You can save the CAB file anywhere. When you run the CAB file and install the program, I would NOT put it on your storage card. If it's a Today Screen plugin, put it in main memory.

Greg